PDA

View Full Version : Look out Georgia!

Baglady
09-25-2014, 08:26 PM
I'm heading your way! Monday or Tuesday, we're going to go to the Alatoona Lakes area, pitch our tent, and get dirty in the creeks.
I've been waiting for 6 months.
Anything I need to be aware of in your woods, at this time of year, besides snakes? ( and moonshiners..?)

Infidel
09-25-2014, 09:17 PM
Sounds like fun. Have a good trip.

-Infidel

Baglady
09-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Chomping at the bit!

Baglady
09-25-2014, 11:34 PM
What about it Georgia guys? You got a copy on the BagLady??

Inor
09-26-2014, 12:09 AM
What about it Georgia guys? You got a copy on the BagLady??

Just for you BagLady!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJEeHND_lQ

OSFG
09-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Buy some chig-a-way to protect from chiggers. Inor can tell you about those. Mosquitos are a bitch to but as it cools less so. Sand fleas will just surround you and annoy the hell out of you, but I think its past the peak of their season so may not be a problem right now.

If you smell a strong scent of cucumbers in the woods its a Copper head snake nest nearby and they are poisonous, but not too aggressive. If your near water then be wary of Water Moccasins they are also poisonous and aggressive. especially when protecting their nests.

The local cracker population is generally nice and friendly and you will find that it's not to different from all the other southern states.

1moretoy
09-26-2014, 06:45 AM
Well welcome to Ga Baglady! That's a little farther north than me but should be very nice this time of year. Now that fall is here, all the pesky stuff should be minimal at best (chiggers, gnats, mosquitoes, etc.) I don't really know that area cause I usually go to lake Sinclair when I wet a hook. RWalls is closer to Alatoona and can maybe give better advise of the area. Have fun there and most of all relax.

omegabrock
09-26-2014, 08:59 AM
If you smell a strong scent of cucumbers in the woods its a Copper head snake nest

i had no idea about this

Baglady
09-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Just for you BagLady!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnJEeHND_lQThat's a big 10-4 Rubber Duck!! Thanks Inor. I havent heard that in years.

Baglady
09-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Buy some chig-a-way to protect from chiggers. Inor can tell you about those. Mosquitos are a bitch to but as it cools less so. Sand fleas will just surround you and annoy the hell out of you, but I think its past the peak of their season so may not be a problem right now.

If you smell a strong scent of cucumbers in the woods its a Copper head snake nest nearby and they are poisonous, but not too aggressive. If your near water then be wary of Water Moccasins they are also poisonous and aggressive. especially when protecting their nests.

The local cracker population is generally nice and friendly and you will find that it's not to different from all the other southern states.It will probably give me cancer..but I buy the bug spray with the highest DEET content i can find.
I did not know that about the cucumber smell. Good thing I have an above normal scent detector!
Thanks SF!

Baglady
09-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Well welcome to Ga Baglady! That's a little farther north than me but should be very nice this time of year. Now that fall is here, all the pesky stuff should be minimal at best (chiggers, gnats, mosquitoes, etc.) I don't really know that area cause I usually go to lake Sinclair when I wet a hook. RWalls is closer to Alatoona and can maybe give better advise of the area. Have fun there and most of all relax.Thanks, I am hoping to do just that.