PDA

View Full Version : I done it again

Coastie dad
12-29-2018, 01:16 AM
I invited another one over here. He seems genuinely interested in prepper stuff and likes to discuss it.
It would be nice to get some conversation going over here again about survival and prepping skills.

Coastie dad
12-29-2018, 01:29 AM
Signing off tonight, back in the morning.

rstanek
12-29-2018, 04:16 AM
I’ll start: our pantry supplies we use year round, but we restock about every three months making sure we have about a six month supply could stretch to seven buy doing some basic rationing, this doesn’t include perishable food in which we would use first. Also it doesn’t include freeze dried we stock, so we probably could go a full year......

Coastie dad
12-29-2018, 05:57 AM
Well, we ran into a problem. Wife had stomach surgery, and a lot of our short term preps, she can't eat now. So I've got canned food out the wazoo, and can't get rid of it as fast as I should. Wish some of you guys were closer, I would share.
We're talking home canned chili, deer, rabbit, stew, squash, corn, plus all kinds of commercial canned fruit and vegetables.

Pretty frustrating for me.

lopie
12-29-2018, 01:49 PM
Well, we ran into a problem. Wife had stomach surgery, and a lot of our short term preps, she can't eat now. So I've got canned food out the wazoo, and can't get rid of it as fast as I should. Wish some of you guys were closer, I would share.
We're talking home canned chili, deer, rabbit, stew, squash, corn, plus all kinds of commercial canned fruit and vegetables.

Pretty frustrating for me.

I hope she recovers quickly!

Can that stuff be frozen? Maybe buying a chest freezer for it would be worth the investment?

Coastie dad
12-29-2018, 03:12 PM
Canned is good for a couple years easy. Freezer is roughly 6 months.