PDA

View Full Version : howdy from Denver Colorado

lopie
12-29-2018, 01:35 AM
hi all, a virtual new friend on another forum said I should join y'all because this forum might have all the topics in one place that I like to discuss... and judging from the forum list, I'm looking forward to reading a whole bunch.

I'm husband to one wife and dad to two kids. Last summer, I convinced my 10 year old to try to hike Grays Peak (14er about an hour west of Denver). We got about half way and over 12,000 feet in elevation before he wanted to turn back. He said next summer we'll get there. I've done about a dozen 14ers and the views always make me happy. I'm not carrying his backpack next summer.

Thanks Black5! I appreciate the invite.

BucketBack
12-29-2018, 02:53 AM
Howdy

Sasquatch
12-29-2018, 04:02 AM
Welcome and let us know how the second attempt goes.

Coastie dad
12-29-2018, 06:08 AM
Good to see you made it.
Look in the general survival and preparedness forums. Avoid the flophouse until you are truly ready to go down the rabbit hole. The lunatics here are knowledgeable, outspoken, argumentative, and sometimes may cause your head to shake side to side.

There will be heated discussions occasionally. It takes a lot to get banned over here. We are free thinkers except for this guy going by inor. He charges you if he has to think. He prefers payment in bagpipe videos. Especially Amazing Grace.

The cost of access to the knowledge here is a thick skin. Where I met you there are really smart and experienced people in their area.
Here there are smart people with broad rang s of experience in multiple areas who haven't yet convinced themselves of their superiority.

But don't let the jerks know I said anything nice about them. I do have a reputation to uphold.

Sparkyprep
12-29-2018, 07:10 AM
Welcome from South Florida. We have no mountains here.

hawgrider
12-29-2018, 07:40 AM
Howdy grab a chair a sit a spell.

Inor
12-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Good to see you made it.
Look in the general survival and preparedness forums. Avoid the flophouse until you are truly ready to go down the rabbit hole. The lunatics here are knowledgeable, outspoken, argumentative, and sometimes may cause your head to shake side to side.

There will be heated discussions occasionally. It takes a lot to get banned over here. We are free thinkers except for this guy going by inor. He charges you if he has to think. He prefers payment in bagpipe videos. Especially Amazing Grace.

The cost of access to the knowledge here is a thick skin. Where I met you there are really smart and experienced people in their area.
Here there are smart people with broad rang s of experience in multiple areas who haven't yet convinced themselves of their superiority.

But don't let the jerks know I said anything nice about them. I do have a reputation to uphold.

You're a big prick CD!

Welcome Lopie!

hawgrider
12-29-2018, 11:04 AM
So who is Black5? Coastie dat you?

Gambit
12-29-2018, 11:07 AM
https://i.imgur.com/fucPI3a.jpg?1

lopie
12-29-2018, 12:44 PM
Good to see you made it.

thanks! I've been down several rabbit holes and hold my tongue at other forums or real-life social occasions.

lopie
12-29-2018, 12:46 PM
Welcome from South Florida. We have no mountains here.

I grew up in south florida from Miami to west palm beach. When I first visited Colorado, I was like, "huh, that's what mountains are. well, moving here now." I do miss the ocean, but not enough to move back.

Big Ken
12-29-2018, 01:12 PM
Hello and Welcome

Coastie dad
12-29-2018, 01:16 PM
Don't worry about holding your tongue here. Never back down. We encourage open debate/argument, and sometimes even open hostility.:biggun:

If you hold your tongue here, someone may hand you your butt.:woodchipper:

On the other hand, lots of info like I believe you're looking for to be found here.

I'll be in and out, just got to Gulf Shores, on the balcony looking at the ocean.

Inor
12-29-2018, 02:25 PM
I grew up in south florida from Miami to west palm beach. When I first visited Colorado, I was like, "huh, that's what mountains are. well, moving here now." I do miss the ocean, but not enough to move back.

I had a contract for a while at Rocky Flats (back when it was still in operation obviously). I like Colorado well enough but absolutely loathe Denver! (Don't take it personally, I hate every city and have been to most of them in North America.)

Broncosfan
12-29-2018, 02:40 PM
Welcome always glad to see someone else join up. Lived in Colorado Springs for a few years as a kids. Really loved Colorado and the mountains. Enjoy OTP!

lopie
12-29-2018, 02:49 PM
Welcome always glad to see someone else join up. Lived in Colorado Springs for a few years as a kids. Really loved Colorado and the mountains. Enjoy OTP!

thanks. you still in CO?

Mister Mills
12-29-2018, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the forum.

A Watchman
12-29-2018, 05:31 PM
So who is Black5? Coastie dat you?

Ha!, I knew he wus a darkie!
Welcome Lopie.

shootbrownelk
12-29-2018, 06:34 PM
Welcome Lopie, from the Mountains just north of you...Wyoming. Enjoy your stay.

Broncosfan
12-29-2018, 07:46 PM
thanks. you still in CO?

No I'm back in Ohio where I'm originally from after years in South Carolina, Florida and Colorado

lopie
12-29-2018, 07:48 PM
No I'm back in Ohio where I'm originally from after years in South Carolina, Florida and Colorado

I'm sorry.

OSFG
12-29-2018, 07:55 PM
Good to see you made it.

Now that one made me laugh...I almost forgot about that....

Welcome Lopie...from ....ah....hey? where am I, Inor? Shit I'm an alcoholic....not a damn Geography major!!!

OSFG
12-29-2018, 08:08 PM
Lopie, I will say that I go to Denver nearly every other month for work. Broomfield area... Only stayed in Denver proper a time or two...good little eating joint there...can't remember the name, but they got a Food van on the roof....and Vegan ain't on the menu, even though they do offer it. So far I've been accosted by a Vegan-PETA activist in Boulder...enjoyed a gret trip up to Leadville, Got a good buddy (Pilot) that lives on the west side of Denver...and you damn right...make that young fella hump his own ruck...puts hair on his chest....Enjoy and join in on the discussion...The only thing that will get you banned here is by posting and punting...never engaging in debate.

Me? I'm an asshole. Usually an opinionated one at that....but I always like a good debate and rarely engage in name calling beyond the occasional "Nancy", "Kitty Cat" or or "Suzy Q" comment.

Broncosfan
12-29-2018, 08:12 PM
I'm sorry.

I happy where I'm at. Out in the country in a very open county. I moved back here to be close to my Mom. Wouldn't change a thing. I probably wouldn't move back to Colorado now if I had the chance. Might visit one day who knows. I couldn't live in another city again. I like country life!

Deebo
01-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Just south, in Farmington NM.
Welcome, and I see that you are ok at "holding your own".

DerBiermeister
01-02-2019, 06:32 PM
Welcome Lopie

You know when you trip over a post from me that the discussion has gotten serious -- usually in a negative way.

rice paddy daddy
01-02-2019, 06:46 PM

I grew up in PB County, lived there many years, until it was just too many Damn Yankees living there.
Wife and I moved to North Florida over 20 years ago.

I did spend a little over a year in Colorado, back in the 60's. A quaint little place called Fort Carson.
After a number trips to the field with the artillery, I discovered sleeping in canvas tents in snow and below zero weather 'twernt no place for a Florida Boy. I volunteered for Vietnam to get the hell out of there.

Welcome to the forum - but ya gotta watch some of these guys!! Don't drop the soap!