PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for canning season

Dwight55
01-30-2019, 07:38 PM
I know it is a bit early, . . . but it was too cold for anything outside (never got above 0 at my place), . . . so we put in a whole bunch of new shelving, . . . re-arranged some of the old, . . . counting down the days till we are back in the canning business.

The "L" shaped group were done a couple years back, . . . the flat group with the mirror in the middle were all done today.

Not a professional job by any means, . . . but if it'll hold the jars and cans, . . . I'm not complaining.

The mirror pulls back and there is a cabinet behind it, . . . it's full of spices and the like. The mirror came from my uncle's dairy farm from decades ago.

May God bless,
Dwight

Broncosfan
01-30-2019, 08:15 PM
Its never too early to start planning ahead for the new season. I have already be looking over seed catalogs since before Christmas. Already planning to put in several raised beds this year. Hoping it helps my tomatoes and peppers since I can improve the soil quality easier and the soil drainage. This year I also plan to add marigolds and other flowers to help with pest control and to help draw more bees for pollination.

hawgrider
01-30-2019, 09:44 PM
Nice set up Dwight.

Innkeeper
01-30-2019, 10:07 PM
Its never too early to start planning ahead for the new season. I have already be looking over seed catalogs since before Christmas. Already planning to put in several raised beds this year. Hoping it helps my tomatoes and peppers since I can improve the soil quality easier and the soil drainage. This year I also plan to add marigolds and other flowers to help with pest control and to help draw more bees for pollination.

I might have to try that trick my tomatoes did ok but my beans died just after they started to show I got all of 2 beans off 8 plants they just shriveled and died not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inor
01-30-2019, 10:58 PM
I ditto Hawg's comment. Very nice looking setup Dwight!

It's never too early to start planning.

I do not even have the walls raised on Mrs Inor's shack and I am already planning out the framing for a greenhouse (the next big project).

Note: I have some guys coming over tomorrow to help me raise the walls on Mrs Inor's Art Shack. Then we'll be rockin' heavy on that project!