PDA

View Full Version : I could almost become Polish Catholic.......

Dwight55
01-31-2019, 05:54 PM
A friend sent me a recipe for a Polish sweet roll.

It's called a Paczki, . . . pronounced "pounch-key".

It is a super sweet roll and I filled em with raspberry jelly, . . . rolled em in granulated sugar.

They said this was a favorite treat for Poles on fat Tuesday, . . . after eating a couple of em, . . . I can understand why.

Something in the neighborhood of 350 to 450 calories each, . . .

BUT, . . . MMMMMmmmmmm they are good.

May God bless,
Dwight

hawgrider
01-31-2019, 06:07 PM
Paczki day is a big deal in pole town down in the city. Surbanites also gobble them up. Beware yummy yes but I think about 4000 calories give a take. Pass them over I'll take two lol!

Inor
01-31-2019, 08:16 PM
Polish food is awesome! There is a Polish deli in central NJ that I go to whenever I am in the area. I would literally do crime to get a second helping!

Camel923
01-31-2019, 08:55 PM
You’ll need a monogrammed bowling shirt.

Innkeeper
01-31-2019, 10:00 PM
Paczki are huge up here in this part of Michigan too what with a big Polish population. All the bakeries are making them fresh daily the closer you get to Fat Tuesday. I am just starting to lose the holiday pounds when this starts to roll. But boy is it an awesome time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mister Mills
02-01-2019, 04:23 PM
I love the Poles, they don't get enough credit for the good that they do. Like their food.

BucketBack
02-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras

They had to get all the sweets out 4 Lent, so everything went into them.

They say you have to give sumthing up for LENT to be Catholic/Universal religion.

Dwight55
02-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras

They had to get all the sweets out 4 Lent, so everything went into them.

They say you have to give sumthing up for LENT to be Catholic/Universal religion.

This year I'm giving up democrats, . . . hoping they will all move to Somalia, . . . Timbukistan, . . . South Pole, . . . anywhere away from the US.

May God bless,
Dwight

Inor
02-01-2019, 08:05 PM
This year I'm giving up democrats, . . . hoping they will all move to Somalia, . . . Timbukistan, . . . South Pole, . . . anywhere away from the US.

May God bless,
Dwight

You give up democrats EVERY year for Lent. You giving up democrats for Lent is like me giving up peas! (Of course, I gave up on democrats years ago.)