PDA

View Full Version : Officially Sick Of Winter

Broncosfan
02-20-2019, 11:18 AM
So I know of a lot of you out there have had way more snow then I have here in the Buckeye state. I can say I was sick of it after the first couple of snows. Its been a crappy winter. Its its not snowing its raining. Ground it so wet I'm not sure if it will dry out before July! I'm sure I have spring fever as the seed catalogs arrived a least a month early this year. I'm starting my pepper plants around the first of March. I was looking forward to building several raised beds this year but unsure if I can get the soil delivered and dumped as the ground is a soggy mess. Onion plants will be here mid March as almanac said that was the best time to plant probably have to cover the beds hoping they dry out some. Planning to have plants ready for a mid May planting but who knows might be a year that I will need to cover plants into June. Hope ur having a better winter!!

hawgrider
02-20-2019, 11:25 AM
We had a mild one as far as snow mostly until a few weeks ago. I hate winter and snow. I see why old people move south this suck!

28 days until spring.

Broncosfan
02-20-2019, 11:35 AM
We had a mild one as far as snow mostly until a few weeks ago. I hate winter and snow. I see why old people move south this suck!

28 days until spring.

Ours has been milder also as temperatures have been on a roller coaster. Not sure what our snow fall total so far but if all the rain was snow this year we would have been buried for years.

BucketBack
02-20-2019, 11:58 AM
I need to start some plants from seed. Looking at grow lights

Growing REAL tomato and pepper plants

MountainGirl
02-20-2019, 01:07 PM

I hear ya. These store bought tomatoes are like water. Yuk.

Broncosfan
02-20-2019, 01:10 PM

I will grow at least 200 tomato and pepper plants. I have several people that prefer my plants to ones at the box stores. I also plan to transfer to peat cups after starting.

Big Ken
02-20-2019, 02:34 PM
So I know of a lot of you out there have had way more snow then I have here in the Buckeye state.

What parts? I have family all over there, Columbus, Grove City, London and a few other places, every time I watch PD Live and they go to Franklin County
I say, I've been there. :D

Broncosfan
02-20-2019, 05:15 PM
What parts? I have family all over there, Columbus, Grove City, London and a few other places, every time I watch PD Live and they go to Franklin County
I say, I've been there. :D

I'm over on the southeastern side. Approx 20 miles south of Zanesville which is on (I-70) near the town of Crooksville known for its potteries back in the day

BucketBack
02-20-2019, 06:24 PM
I about fell on my bottomside ( azz) trying to make yellow snow off my porch. The Drizzle is freezing, rush hour Thirsty Thurday will be a wreck around here.

MountainGirl
02-20-2019, 06:29 PM
I about fell on my bottomside ( azz) trying to make yellow snow off my porch...

Next time just stop with your first name...

BucketBack
02-20-2019, 06:37 PM
Had a neighbors young pit enjoying my yellow snow this afternoon..

But you need to take care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-yRu5jbt3Y

BucketBack
02-20-2019, 06:39 PM
Waxing it down.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ialhaxhr7iA

Heard they were an Overnite Sensation, Frank had a band of great players

MG is young enough to have heard it on vinyl ?

( note to self, don't tell wimmmen they are older than you)

Inor
02-20-2019, 06:58 PM
Our winter in AZ has been the coldest and wettest that we have experienced since moving there. It snowed Monday and Tuesday. Mrs Inor said it was sunny, but cool today, with more snow coming Thursday and Friday.

I am in Maryland this week. Today was a freakin' nightmare. About 6 inches of snow this morning, then changed to sleet, now it is straight rain. In other words, there is about 8 inches of slush EVERYWHERE! I HATE winter!!!

Sparkyprep
02-20-2019, 07:21 PM
Our winter in AZ has been the coldest and wettest that we have experienced since moving there. It snowed Monday and Tuesday. Mrs Inor said it was sunny, but cool today, with more snow coming Thursday and Friday.

I am in Maryland this week. Today was a freakin' nightmare. About 6 inches of snow this morning, then changed to sleet, now it is straight rain. In other words, there is about 8 inches of slush EVERYWHERE! I HATE winter!!!
Come on down. There is no winter here.

Slippy
02-20-2019, 07:48 PM

Inor,

Son2, CAM19, just got assigned Lineman Duty in Baltimore to work the storm for the next 2 weeks. With the higher storm wage he can earn in 2 weeks what he typically earns in a month and half. Not bad for a 25 year old Journeyman Lineman! He is driving his Georgia Power Bucket Truck to Baltimore as we speak.

Prayers for the Linemen!

Be safe

Inor
02-20-2019, 07:57 PM
Inor,

Son2, CAM19, just got assigned Lineman Duty in Baltimore to work the storm for the next 2 weeks. With the higher storm wage he can earn in 2 weeks what he typically earns in a month and half. Not bad for a 25 year old Journeyman Lineman! He is driving his Georgia Power Bucket Truck to Baltimore as we speak.

Prayers for the Linemen!

Be safe

Prayers upward bound.

Tell him to stop by Germantown, MD (about 40 miles west of Baltimore). That is where I am. He can have my kevlar vest when I fly out Friday morning. Baltimore is not a good place to be a white honky cracker.

Inor
02-20-2019, 07:58 PM
Come on down. There is no winter here.

Thanks, but I like hurricanes even less than I like winter. :biglaugh:

Innkeeper
02-20-2019, 08:09 PM
I don’t mind the snow until about the first week of March then it needs to be gone but I hate the freakin freezing rain which we have had too much of and are getting now mixed with snow supposed to be on and off all night. Should be a fun ride to work in the morning.
I have to drive down to Detoilet either Friday or Saturday not looking forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BucketBack
02-21-2019, 06:35 AM
I'm not fond of DeToilet even when there is no frozen precip

Innkeeper
02-22-2019, 08:39 PM
Well headed out first thing in the morning and we have a winter storm warning for my county that starts at 4 pm tomorrow and doesn’t end until Monday should be an interesting trip back home lol

Innkeeper
02-23-2019, 06:52 PM
Even though I only went as far as 14 and Coolidge I can’t say I really miss anything about living down there can’t say I want to go back anytime soon either.

Innkeeper
02-24-2019, 01:13 PM
Even though I only went as far as 14 and Coolidge I can’t say I really miss anything about living down there can’t say I want to go back anytime soon either.

Power outages going on up here now according to the map I should have none but I do wonder how many of my neighbors are without, still able to go to work though

BucketBack
02-24-2019, 02:00 PM
I drove into town for some brew and salad dressing and pizza.

Changed my mind on the pizza , shrimp scampi with spinach instead.

But it's windy out.

BucketBack
02-24-2019, 02:10 PM
98.46 % of Consumers Energy Customers have power

517 outages

28,610 Customers without power

https://www.consumersenergy.com/outagemap?x=-9328739.490583438&y=5633570.732030498

Broncosfan
02-24-2019, 03:46 PM
So far we have been lucky. Ours has flickered numerous times and stayed off for a couple of minutes here in the Buckeye state. But so far its staying on but the wind sure is blowing

hawgrider
02-24-2019, 04:13 PM
Power out road blocked by big tree limb and powerlines. Gonna be a long couple days.

Inor
02-24-2019, 04:15 PM
We had about 6 inches of snow on Friday. It sure made a hell of a trip getting home from Baltimore. Yesterday was cool, windy and damp. But today has been an absolutely perfect Crayola day - about 60 degrees, no wind and bright and sunny.

hawgrider
02-24-2019, 04:16 PM
We had about 6 inches of snow on Friday. It sure made a hell of a trip getting home from Baltimore. Yesterday was cool, windy and damp. But today has been an absolutely perfect Crayola day - about 60 degrees, no wind and bright and sunny.

Trade?

BucketBack
02-24-2019, 04:28 PM
Knock on wood, butt power is on, woodpeckers like the extra suet cake, and I have power and beer, plus lots of KoolAid and Memeber MaRK Vodka

eff my fat fingers

Sparkyprep
02-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Power out road blocked by big tree limb and powerlines. Gonna be a long couple days.

If anyone can handle it, its you, Hawg.

Innkeeper
02-24-2019, 05:57 PM
So the normal drive home from work 5-7 minutes took me 35, visibility is about 20 feet and at times not even past the windshield. I-75 is shut down and a police vehicle was hit by somebody on one of the county roads and as I left work 3 ambulances went past me headed I assume to the same place and probably a foodie of a wreck. It is not fit for man or beast out there.

hawgrider
02-24-2019, 06:35 PM
So the normal drive home from work 5-7 minutes took me 35, visibility is about 20 feet and at times not even past the windshield. I-75 is shut down and a police vehicle was hit by somebody on one of the county roads and as I left work 3 ambulances went past me headed I assume to the same place and probably a foodie of a wreck. It is not fit for man or beast out there.

Heard they closed the big mac today because of ice chunks coming off the bridge.

hawgrider
02-24-2019, 06:39 PM
If anyone can handle it, its you, Hawg.

Full freezer and Jenny is singing that tune. Got firewood if Jenny runs out of gas. Only a half bottle of bourbon and 3 beers.

This may be a problem! :shocked:

BucketBack
02-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Effing Cable aint effing working

BucketBack
02-24-2019, 06:44 PM
Electric is on

StratBastard
02-24-2019, 06:47 PM
Full freezer and Jenny is singing that tune. Got firewood if Jenny runs out of gas. Only a half bottle of bourbon and 3 beers.

This may be a problem! :shocked:

YIKES!!! Anything below a case of bourbon, I'm out the door to get some more. What if you were snowed in all winter?

hawgrider
02-24-2019, 07:33 PM
YIKES!!! Anything below a case of bourbon, I'm out the door to get some more. What if you were snowed in all winter?

I have a "100 lbs of yeast and some copper line. And some wood and some...

BucketBack
02-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Fug, went on the porch to make some yellow snow and got locked out.
Repairs needed come Monday

BucketBack
02-24-2019, 07:46 PM
I have a "100 lbs of yeast and some copper line. And some wood and some...

Moms side likes the pipes,even though some were Nuns with a Habit, Dad was green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk

BucketBack
02-24-2019, 07:49 PM
Tried to like my post.........................
Know I hit it square

hawgrider
02-24-2019, 08:43 PM
Moms side likes the pipes,even though some were Nuns with a Habit, Dad was green

"Daddy ran the whiskey in a big block Dodge"

hawgrider
02-24-2019, 08:44 PM
Fug, went on the porch to make some yellow snow and got locked out.
Repairs needed come Monday
Oh oh some duct tape on a window now ?

BucketBack
02-24-2019, 09:57 PM
Heat Gun/ Hair dryer on the screen door. Usual crap. The porch was built from the boathouse I tore down in '76. Dad was a A MM1/SeaBee, crap was built without code.

Inor
02-24-2019, 10:29 PM
Heat Gun/ Hair dryer on the screen door. Usual crap. The porch was built from the boathouse I tore down in '76. Dad was a A MM1/SeaBee, crap was built without code.

What is this "code" you speak of?

BucketBack
02-25-2019, 06:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTvjd8zZls4

BucketBack
02-25-2019, 01:55 PM
"Daddy ran the whiskey in a big block Dodge"

Gramps used a hopped up 318 in a '66 Dodge Coronet. Boxy car with a huge trunk.

Innkeeper
02-25-2019, 02:19 PM
Was horrible they pulled the road crews off and didn’t send them out until after 5 am, recommended no one leave home until 1pm unless it was an emergency to give crews time to clear roads. My normal 45 minutes to clear my drive took 3.5 hours and do to major drifting it is narrowing some.
It is definitely time for winter to come to a close.

BucketBack
02-25-2019, 04:26 PM
It took 20 minutes to shovel the drive from the ramp to barn to carport

Some drifting, but very little on my roofs. I think the wind blew it off.

Roads are crap , and we only had 2 -4 " of snow

hawgrider
02-25-2019, 05:35 PM
It took 20 minutes to shovel the drive from the ramp to barn to carport

Some drifting, but very little on my roofs. I think the wind blew it off.

Roads are crap , and we only had 2 -4 " of snow

5 to 6 coming Wednesday for me ... yippie!

Innkeeper
02-25-2019, 07:34 PM
5 to 6 coming Wednesday for me ... yippie!

Yeah they are calling for the same here I wonder if Inor has a spare room for us?

StratBastard
02-25-2019, 07:42 PM
Eugene Oregon hit with snow, have some roofs caving in and LOTS of power lines down. Hearing (reading) them all chattering on Fakebook, virtually EVERYONE is caught short and completely unprepared. No heat. No lights. Some no food. Stores closed in many places. Amazingly how very very many people are so very very ill-prepared for even the smallest challenges!

Inor
02-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Yeah they are calling for the same here I wonder if Inor has a spare room for us?

Come on down. The guest bedroom is done now, so there is a nice place to put you up. My beer fridge is full and the afternoons are starting to warm up.

BucketBack
02-26-2019, 04:43 AM
Supposed to be below normal temps for the first 1/3 of March, snow today and Wednesday, 4-9"

StratBastard
02-26-2019, 05:56 AM
Ok, snow's gettin' pretty close to US, so I'm off for a backup case of whiskey (or 2nd backup case, depending on if you count the one already here). I can handle the whole "Donner party" and "long pork" thing... but no whiskey?

hawgrider
02-26-2019, 06:01 AM
Ok, snow's gettin' pretty close to US, so I'm off for a backup case of whiskey (or 2nd backup case, depending on if you count the one already here). I can handle the whole "Donner party" and "long pork" thing... but no whiskey?

Heard that! I almost started to panic when the tree had my road blocked and I only had a 1/2 bottle of bourbon. Cept the back up plan was I could walk to the party store if needed. :biglaugh:

TJC44
02-26-2019, 07:22 AM
Come on down. The guest bedroom is done now, so there is a nice place to put you up. My beer fridge is full and the afternoons are starting to warm up.

Maybe you should expand Mrs. Inor's she shack into a bunkhouse.

Inor
02-26-2019, 08:11 AM
Maybe you should expand Mrs. Inor's she shack into a bunkhouse.

It is 10 X 20, so we could put a couple beds in there in a jam...

MrsInor
02-26-2019, 08:31 AM
It is 10 X 20, so we could put a couple beds in there in a jam...

No.

hawgrider
02-26-2019, 08:34 AM
No.

"So let it be written so let it be done" Boss says no effing way!!!:biglaugh:

Mister Mills
02-28-2019, 03:26 PM

Tried to like my post.........................
Know I hit it square

I liked it for you, I like Steve Earl and Copperhead Road.

Mister Mills
02-28-2019, 03:28 PM
I hate to say it but I like winter, within reason; and now that I live in Saint Petersburg, I like it even more.
If you visit this summer, the best beach is either Clearwater Beach and Saint Pete Beach.
I am just sayin'.

TJC44
03-04-2019, 06:22 PM
I hate to say it but I like winter, within reason; and now that I live in Saint Petersburg, I like it even more.
If you visit this summer, the best beach is either Clearwater Beach and Saint Pete Beach.
I am just sayin'.

I take back everything nice I just said...