PDA

View Full Version : Coast Guard Guy

Inor
02-21-2019, 06:41 PM
So this Coast Guard guy get locked up as a "domestic terrorist". But he has not been charged with any crime. The prosecutors are not saying he actually DID anything wrong. He just did not like liberals and had 1000 rounds of ammunition and 15 firearms. I am guessing most of us here have more firearms than that and certainly a LOT more ammo than that. What's next, if you buy ammo by the case you are automatically a "domestic terrorist" that needs to be locked up with no allegation of crime ever being committed?!?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-guard-officer-accused-of-being-domestic-terrorist-ordered-to-jail

TJC44
02-21-2019, 07:34 PM
The "Insider Threat Program" is a way for agencies, and contractors (including mine) to identify "threats" within their organization. It is a way for your co-workers to flag you as a threat. I'm surprised that I haven't been brought in for questioning yet. Maybe "they" want to build their case first. One of our lurkers is probably my FSO. Hi Karan! :bounce:

Big Ken
02-21-2019, 08:12 PM
He has 15 guns and more than 1000 rounds of ammo, omg.

TJC44
02-21-2019, 08:20 PM
I was at a friend's house the other night. We heard over his scanner that someone was warming up their car, had left 16 guns in it, and it was stolen out of his driveway.
Dumbass.

Innkeeper
02-22-2019, 08:35 PM
Maybe this is the way to start turning people against and casting doubts on our military people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MI.oldguy
02-23-2019, 02:14 PM
1K rounds?.pffffft.

MountainGirl
02-23-2019, 06:07 PM
So this Coast Guard guy get locked up as a "domestic terrorist". But he has not been charged with any crime. The prosecutors are not saying he actually DID anything wrong. He just did not like liberals and had 1000 rounds of ammunition and 15 firearms. I am guessing most of us here have more firearms than that and certainly a LOT more ammo than that. What's next, if you buy ammo by the case you are automatically a "domestic terrorist" that needs to be locked up with no allegation of crime ever being committed?!?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-guard-officer-accused-of-being-domestic-terrorist-ordered-to-jail

What's next, indeed.
I read the link, and watched the vid.
So...along with our personal armories we now need to guard whatever we say or think or research or write. Along with the Insider Threat program, add in the upcoming 5G network+AI capabilities and we wont have the luxury of thinking we're small potatoes, not worth a person's (or Agency's) time to be concerned with. Right. My prediction is soon we'll miss the 'good old days' when all there was was NSA.
If that's all it takes, and if they knew what was in my head right now, swat would be coming up the hill.

Camel923
02-24-2019, 07:31 PM
My boy has more firearms and ammo than that. Me... I have a 37 year head start on him.

Mister Mills
02-28-2019, 05:36 PM
I am going to wait and see on this one, but he may be a really bad guy, and time will tell the tale.