PDA

View Full Version : Danuser f8 post hole auger rebuild

Gunners Mate
04-12-2019, 10:37 PM
Ok so I picked up this little jewel for next to nothing had to drive 250 miles to get it looks rough but its a Danuser f8 been building these since the 1940's this one was made in 1977

Installed new timken bearings and races and national oil seals 132.00 and a new driveshaft 350.00 the old was rated at 35 hp my tractor is a 50hp dropped the differential of at the machine shop and had it vatted 20.00 and took the frame to sandblast and powder coat 200.00
6469 here it is back together and mounted and on the trailer also welded a mount on the trailer for the stinger on the bottom of the auger so i could take the pressure of the hydraulics during transport64706471

Dwight55
04-12-2019, 10:40 PM
I got one tied to my wife's clothes line post (lay it down I can't pick it up).

Belongs to my neighbor . . . gonna use it to plant some pine trees, . . . maybe next week.

May God bless,
Dwight

Gunners Mate
04-12-2019, 10:49 PM
I am going to build a mount for storage when its off the tractor I will try to remember to post some pics when i finish it

Inor
04-13-2019, 12:52 AM
SWEET!!! Nice rebuild Gunner!!!

Slippy
04-13-2019, 06:36 AM
I am going to build a mount for storage when its off the tractor I will try to remember to post some pics when i finish it

EXCELLENT Gunner!

Been thinking about some sort of system to store my Auger as well. If Son1 is not around, its a bitch to hook up to my tractor by myself.

hag
04-13-2019, 08:26 AM

Chain it to a bent post in the barn

Gunners Mate
04-13-2019, 09:50 AM
EXCELLENT Gunner!

Been thinking about some sort of system to store my Auger as well. If Son1 is not around, its a bitch to hook up to my tractor by myself.

here is what im thinking about it seems I am always by myself when hooking up 3 point attachments and the Auger is a bitch most all of my 3 point attachments have a metal frame with casters so I can back up and easily move them into position for attaching to the tractor for the Auger I am going to add a foot actuated bottle jack to lift the frame in to position for attachment to tractor 6476 iam going to build it with a hinged door similar to the lid on an offset smoker/grill which is where i got the idea from basical turn the grill on end add wheels and frame to support the end of the auger that attaches to the tractor add jack should work, if not I will drink a lot of beer until it does

Slippy
04-13-2019, 12:01 PM
here is what im thinking about it seems I am always by myself when hooking up 3 point attachments and the Auger is a bitch most all of my 3 point attachments have a metal frame with casters so I can back up and easily move them into position for attaching to the tractor for the Auger I am going to add a foot actuated bottle jack to lift the frame in to position for attachment to tractor 6476 iam going to build it with a hinged door similar to the lid on an offset smoker/grill which is where i got the idea from basical turn the grill on end add wheels and frame to support the end of the auger that attaches to the tractor add jack should work, if not I will drink a lot of beer until it does

Excellent Idea (and the beer drinking too!)

I was thinking about building a stand made out of 2x8's and 4x6's that holds the big sumbitch in a position where I can just back the tractor up and attach it easily by myself. I'm spoiled with the damn EZ Hitch for everything else. :chopper: