PDA

View Full Version : I have started walking like a madman.

Mister Mills
05-28-2019, 03:43 PM
That is my disaster preparedness, I walk for crazy distances. On Sunday May 26 I walked 15 or 16 miles, and I thought that those days were over.
I am 63 years old and for a long time I was stooped over, and sickly; so I prayed to have my strength back.
It took a while, for it to happen, but I can walk like a 30 year old now. So, I am calling this an answer to prayer.

Now that I have some leg strength back, I am going to start doing push ups too. There was a time when I could do 200 of them. Next will be sit ups.

Deebo
05-29-2019, 07:00 PM
how long does 15-16 miles take, in hours sir?

Dwight55
05-29-2019, 10:39 PM

Most people can walk 3 miles per hour without any real problem.

Fast walking people can do much better.

May God bless,
Dwight

Sasquatch
05-30-2019, 12:45 AM
Good for you. Keep it up!

BucketBack
05-30-2019, 03:23 AM
I have zero issues with 200+ pushups. ( over a good looking hooker)

Mister Mills
05-31-2019, 02:30 PM
I left around 8:30 and I got back around 4:00, so it may have taken me 7-8 hours. I am blurry on my real times, because I collapsed into a recliner; and got up later, and took a shower. I had to pierce some big blood blisters, but I was ecstatic that I could even get up and move.

I walked to the Wagon Wheel Flea Market, and I love that place; so my time was a lot longer than it should have been.
I had a 2 MPH pace, or there about's, I struggled for the last 5 miles or so, because my salt levels crashed on me.
I cramp up real bad sometimes, when I am in the sun for a long time, and that is what happened. So I got a box of salt, and a shaker, for future walks.

I taped my feet with cheap package tape, and that really made the difference, I am going to take a roll of it with me next time. I am still recovering from that walk, it kicked my hiney.

But, I am so tired of being sick and weak, and I figure that I am better off dead, than incapacitated by weaknesses.
I was telling myself during that walk, that I might drop dead; I felt like poo at times; I really did get sick, for short periods. I am teaching myself by doing it.

Most people can walk 3 miles per hour without any real problem.

Fast walking people can do much better.

May God bless,
Dwight

Yes, a healthy man can keep a 3 MPH pace, and when I was healthy I could do 4 MPH. But, oh Lord, it has been a long time since I was healthy.
And, it was HOT, I was bleeding sweat and salt out of me. So, I am taking notes as I go, and working things out. I am stunned that I can walk as far as I have; but it is a good feeling in the end, it makes me feel like a man again.

Good for you. Keep it up!
Thanx Squatch, I intend to; or drop dead in my tracks, while making the attempt to walk 9 or 10 miles.

I have zero issues with 200+ pushups. ( over a good looking hooker)
I have done that many, but I was 30 years old; and I really miss it, I mean being strong. I was no one to mess with in my 20's thru 40's; but now I am a weak man, and I don't like it. So I am working on it.

PS: To everyone, I have sun blisters on my neck and shoulders, I just noticed them. I reached up to rub my neck, and some of them burst.