PDA

View Full Version : It's not all bad news...

Just Sayin'
12-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Yep, it's not all bad news, unless you're the douche bag that gets caught playing something that you're not!

http://www.funker530.com/combat-vet-that-called-out-fake-ranger-gets-national-spotlight/

Outstanding, Ryan Berk!

1moretoy
12-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Unbelievable...scum bag

Infidel
12-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Unbelievable...scum bag

Actually it's completely believable. I work with a guy that claims to be a combat vet, maybe he is but I have my doubts. I have never served but I can understand why guys that have would get so upset about guys like this. Glad to see someone stepped up and outted the guy.

-Infidel

Just Sayin'
12-03-2014, 06:56 PM
The only one I've actually ever encountered and knew about was the "sniper" that my wife worked with, who was in Vietnam. The stories he told her about him and his Barrett rifle... I tried to tell her it simply wasn't true, but she gave him the benefit of the doubt (this was before the www.), until I finally showed her when the original Barrett's came to being.

Pauls
12-04-2014, 02:20 AM
I've only known two snipers. One was in WWII and his gun was 3006 and one who served in VietNam and he used a 270.
I went to school with the vietvet and he served two tours as a sniper. I really felt for him because when he came back he had a hard time acclimating to being unarmed with no support. He disappeared into the North Cascade wilderness area. I know that somebody was "looking for him" but I don't think it was for any criminal action. I never heard if they found him so I suppose he is either still in the woods or he died.

I can say this: I would not want to be in the group hunting down a sniper - especially Steve!

rice paddy daddy
12-11-2014, 01:30 PM
I HATE fakers.
They STEAL the honor my Brothers earned.
When I was young and caught one running his mouth in a bar I had no problem getting in his face, figuratively and physically.
But, alas, I am now 66 and ain't gonna be kicking anybodys ass. Besides, the soldier language and weaponry have changed and I can no longer trip someone up that way.