BucketBack
08-06-2019, 04:14 AM
Now I don't have to turn on the water .:dancingguy:

hawgrider
08-06-2019, 04:15 AM
Whatcha growing this year.

BucketBack
08-06-2019, 04:18 AM
4 Roma's, 3 Cal Wonders, Cukes, Zucchini, Green Onions and Brussel Sprouts.

They got a late start.

I'll take some pics this afternoon.

Gambit
08-06-2019, 04:42 AM
wish it rain here

hawgrider
08-06-2019, 05:17 AM
4 Roma's, 3 Cal Wonders, Cukes, Zucchini, Green Onions and Brussel Sprouts.

They got a late start.

I'll take some pics this afternoon.

My garlic is done. Onions Not so good. Cukes did good only one plant. Lettuce done but did good. Potatoes yet to see herbs did OK

Innkeeper
08-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Yeah saved me watering things yesterday it has been a nice summer up hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawgrider
08-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Yeah saved me watering things yesterday it has been a nice summer up hear.

Northern summers are usually pretty nice.

Broncosfan
08-06-2019, 12:28 PM
No rain here in about 10 days. The water collection tanks ran out days ago. I don't like paying for water when the free stuff is better for your plants anyways. Spring we had way too much rain and now hardly any. Garden has done well but still lots of time left. Best year for cantaloupes well over 20 and one top the scale at 6.6 lbs. So if I had to say today the garden has been very successful over past years

hawgrider
08-06-2019, 12:34 PM
No rain here in about 10 days. The water collection tanks ran out days ago. I don't like paying for water when the free stuff is better for your plants anyways. Spring we had way too much rain and now hardly any. Garden has done well but still lots of time left. Best year for cantaloupes well over 20 and one top the scale at 6.6 lbs. So if I had to say today the garden has been very successful over past years

You are on city water?

Broncosfan
08-06-2019, 02:12 PM
Yes we have city water even though we live in the country. Coal mining from years didn't help the water quality so now when you build you have no choice but to hook up to water if its available. A lot of people have cisterns and on dry spells they fill tanks at the water company office. Its not unusual to see a pickup with a water tank in the back. I need to add at least 2-3 tanks to my water collection system and then I would have close to 1000 gallon capacity which should make it through the dry spells. Right now the collection system only collects from 25% of my roof.

hawgrider
08-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Yes we have city water even though we live in the country. Coal mining from years didn't help the water quality so now when you build you have no choice but to hook up to water if its available. A lot of people have cisterns and on dry spells they fill tanks at the water company office. Its not unusual to see a pickup with a water tank in the back. I need to add at least 2-3 tanks to my water collection system and then I would have close to 1000 gallon capacity which should make it through the dry spells. Right now the collection system only collects from 25% of my roof.

The thought of paying for water makes me shudder.

I've never had anything but wells.

Mister Mills
08-06-2019, 04:37 PM
It has rained like crazy around here, and that was without a tropical storm hitting land. It finally relented for a while, but it is sure to pick up again.

BucketBack
08-07-2019, 03:27 AM
Small raised container garden

rstanek
08-07-2019, 04:13 AM
Planted onions in April, dug them up yesterday, most about baseball size......some a little bigger......tomatoes are doing ok, planted those late, it will be a couple weeks before any of those are ready.....

hawgrider
08-07-2019, 05:10 AM
Planted onions in April, dug them up yesterday, most about baseball size......some a little bigger......tomatoes are doing ok, planted those late, it will be a couple weeks before any of those are ready.....

My onions were a fail. Tomatoes still green.

Broncosfan
08-07-2019, 07:36 AM

I would have thought your tomatoes would be ready by now. We have had plenty enough to sell to a couple of people and eat all we can. I have tomatoes fro lunch and dinner almost everyday. That reminds me I need to go pick the Supersweet 100's it won't be long and we will be dehydrating those for winter salads.

Broncosfan
08-07-2019, 07:38 AM

Hawgrider I am sure glad you reminded me about the Cherokee Purple there one of my top produces.

hawgrider
08-07-2019, 07:41 AM
Hawgrider I am sure glad you reminded me about the Cherokee Purple there one of my top produces.

My absolute favorite heirloom mator.

Yup still green we are a couple 3 weeks or so behind you we had a very chilly spring.

Broncosfan
08-07-2019, 08:04 AM
My absolute favorite heirloom mator.

Yup still green we are a couple 3 weeks or so behind you we had a very chilly spring.

I sure hope you get to eat some before a frost gets them! lol

hawgrider
08-07-2019, 08:12 AM
I sure hope you get to eat some before a frost gets them! lol

Plenty of time yet. ;) The first sweet corn just hit round here normally its available first of July for the early strains

Innkeeper
08-07-2019, 11:41 PM
Sadly my maters didn’t make it this year I think something i need to remove all the soil in my planters and replace it.

BucketBack
08-08-2019, 01:23 AM
I dumped out my planters onto a tarp last fall, and added lime this spring.
The tomatoes and peppers had black rot spots last year.