PDA

View Full Version : OTP won't remember me

Infidel
12-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Recently had some computer issues and decided I was due for a format/reinstall of windows. Since then for whatever reason OTP won't remember me and I have to log in every time I get on the site. I'm also getting this message at log in.

Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.theoutdoortradingpost.com/)

I'm running Mozilla Firefox 34.0.5 for this forum as I do for MarlinOwners and PF of which both forums remember me. Wondering if there's a settings issue I've overlooked or if this is an issue with the newest version of Firefox? Any thoughts on this one?

-Infidel

hawgrider
12-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Recently had some computer issues and decided I was due for a format/reinstall of windows. Since then for whatever reason OTP won't remember me and I have to log in every time I get on the site. I'm also getting this message at log in.

Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.theoutdoortradingpost.com/)

I'm running Mozilla Firefox 34.0.5 for this forum as I do for MarlinOwners and PF of which both forums remember me. Wondering if there's a settings issue I've overlooked or if this is an issue with the newest version of Firefox? Any thoughts on this one?

-Infidel I get the same message at log in. Ive have to log in twice. At first I thought I was fat fingering my user name but I consistently get the invalid message on first login attempt.

1moretoy
12-18-2014, 10:27 AM
You are probably already doing this but click the remember me check box under you username and password before you select log in. Also, if you clear you computer after you log off, it will drop the remember me the next time you log in and you'll have to do it again.

hawgrider
12-18-2014, 11:25 AM
You are probably already doing this but click the remember me check box under you username and password before you select log in. Also, if you clear you computer after you log off, it will drop the remember me the next time you log in and you'll have to do it again. Here is the message I get-
Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.theoutdoortradingpost.com/?)

hawgrider
12-18-2014, 12:43 PM
This time I hit the remember button and was able to get in first attempt.
Typically that button is to keep me logged in until I log out on other forums. Otherwise without hitting the remember button the forum will log you out if you are not active for what ever the inactive time is set for. But it worked here so I'm good to go.

Infidel
12-18-2014, 01:53 PM
I check the remember me box every time and haven't been clearing anything unless Firefox is doing that by default. This is a newer version of Firefox then I'm used to so still getting used to it's nuances. Just curious if there was a known flaw with this particular version or if I need to tweak a setting to fix the issue. Can't stand having to enter usernames and passwords on all my forums, it's a real pain in the rear.

-Infidel

1moretoy
12-18-2014, 02:06 PM
I don't know anything about Firefox. I use Safari and it has it's own issues too. I can't see any setting that needs changing. I'll keep looking.

Inor
12-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Use a password vault. I suggest Dashlane.

https://www.dashlane.com/?utm_source=adwords&utm_campaign=US%20-%20Search%20-%20Brand%20-%20Exact&utm_medium=Misspellings&utm_term=[dashline]&gclid=CNaM2Jqz0MICFQ40aQodCn4A6g

RWalls
12-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Do inors suggestion also clear history, cache and cookies.

Infidel
12-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Do inors suggestion also clear history, cache and cookies.

Done all of the above and still won't remember me when I come back. Dashlane seems to make it easier though so it's not a huge deal. Still getting the invalid redirect URL message when dashlane logs me in though. Maybe I'll try using i.e. here, it used to give me issues on this site (marlinowners and PF too) and see if that helps.

-Infidel

RWalls
12-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Done all of the above and still won't remember me when I come back. Dashlane seems to make it easier though so it's not a huge deal. Still getting the invalid redirect URL message when dashlane logs me in though. Maybe I'll try using i.e. here, it used to give me issues on this site (marlinowners and PF too) and see if that helps.

-Infidel

Try it now.

Baglady
12-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Hey Buddy! When you do get on here, put the home page on "my favorites". Then just click on that everytime to get on here.
Can't wait for my Hubby to see his Christmas present...
I'll take his pic with it and send it to you. :bounce:

Infidel
12-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Hey Buddy! When you do get on here, put the home page on "my favorites". Then just click on that everytime to get on here.
Can't wait for my Hubby to see his Christmas present...
I'll take his pic with it and send it to you. :bounce:

Cool, get me a pic of Rascal in his new collar and I'll get it on the facebook page, that would be pretty cool I think.

Still having the same issue Rwalls, thinking it's an issue with this version of firefox. It's the only explanation I can come up with. Oh well dashlane is a pretty easy work around for it. Internet explorer doesn't seem to have any issues either.

-Infidel

Baglady
12-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Cool, get me a pic of Rascal in his new collar and I'll get it on the facebook page, that would be pretty cool I think.

Still having the same issue Rwalls, thinking it's an issue with this version of firefox. It's the only explanation I can come up with. Oh well dashlane is a pretty easy work around for it. Internet explorer doesn't seem to have any issues either.

-InfidelThat's a better idea. Will do.
I had major problems with foxfire too.

Infidel
12-19-2014, 05:05 PM
It's weird some forums don't like i.e. some won't play nice with foxfire. Too bad all the forums I belong to aren't all on the same page. Guess that's what I get for being a forum whore.

-Infidel

RWalls
12-19-2014, 07:10 PM
It's weird some forums don't like i.e. some won't play nice with foxfire. Too bad all the forums I belong to aren't all on the same page. Guess that's what I get for being a forum whore.

-Infidel

clearing cookies should work, in the browser you use is there a separate place that it keeps cookies?

Infidel
12-19-2014, 08:00 PM
clearing cookies should work, in the browser you use is there a separate place that it keeps cookies?

I just use the history clearing tool, it does cookies and cache too. I'll give that another shot.

ETA: Just tried it again didn't change anything. I give up, I'll just live with it.

-Infidel

RWalls
12-19-2014, 08:22 PM
I just use the history clearing tool, it does cookies and cache too. I'll give that another shot.

ETA: Just tried it again didn't change anything. I give up, I'll just live with it.

-Infidel

Yeah I am running out of ideas here.

Admin1
12-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Ask local nerd he is the guru.

James m
12-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Options, security, passwords, click exceptions. OTP on the list?

Infidel
12-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Options, security, passwords, click exceptions. OTP on the list?

No it's not. Should it be?

James m
12-20-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm out. No it shouldn't be there.
If you would have clicked don't remember password it would have went into that list and it would NOT save the password.

Does it remember you if you use another browser? If it remembers you in another browser its narrowed down to the browser. If it doesn't remember you in the other browser its a lost cause

Please hold while I transfer you to India.

Infidel
12-21-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm out. No it shouldn't be there.
If you would have clicked don't remember password it would have went into that list and it would NOT save the password.

Does it remember you if you use another browser? If it remembers you in another browser its narrowed down to the browser. If it doesn't remember you in the other browser its a lost cause

Please hold while I transfer you to India.

Yep it remembers me using i.e. but not firefox. It's strange to me that all the other forums I use firefox for will remember me but this one will only do it using i.e. I also don't get the invalid redirect url using i.e. I'll hold for India I guess but I doubt I'm gonna be able to figure out what it is tech support there is talking about.

-Infidel

RWalls
12-22-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm at a loss here.

Infidel
12-22-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm at a loss here.

I'm over it, don't sweat it.

-Infidel