PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Atlanta

Cain
08-25-2019, 12:58 AM
I had bookmarked this site a few years ago I think. Doesn't look very active. Anyway hello.

StratBastard
08-25-2019, 01:07 AM
Hello yourself, and welcome. Not sure what you mean... lots of us are here posting and chatting every dang day. 8412

Slippy
08-25-2019, 05:47 AM
I had bookmarked this site a few years ago I think. Doesn't look very active. Anyway hello.

Hey Cain,

What area of Atlanta you be near? What I love best about Atlanta is that there is no traffic.

That and the native democrats in the ATL are so friendly :thatsracist:

Gambit
08-25-2019, 06:21 AM
https://i.imgur.com/fucPI3a.jpg?1

hawgrider
08-25-2019, 07:39 AM

Small club of bandwidth misfits here we like it that way. Everyone must bring a liberal for us to eat. Although one of our guys prefer cats. Grab a chair and sit a spell then we will decide if you live or not.

Howdy!

Innkeeper
08-25-2019, 07:57 AM
Welcome, not sure what ya mean by not very active these guys have nothing better to do then be here, it’s not like any of them have jobs or anything else to do....... sorry Hawg had me thinking liberal. Nope these guys work, have gardens , reload, drink, do wood and leather working. But still find time to share the good and bad of it all with others.

Welcome,hope your hear to contribute and not just chaos, but we do like chaos from time to time also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawgrider
08-25-2019, 08:18 AM
Welcome, not sure what ya mean by not very active these guys have nothing better to do then be here, it’s not like any of them have jobs or anything else to do....... sorry Hawg had me thinking liberal. Nope these guys work, have gardens , reload, drink, do wood and leather working. But still find time to share the good and bad of it all with others.

Welcome,hope your hear to contribute and not just chaos, but we do like chaos from time to time also.

Chaos and Mayhem! You forgot Mayhem.

OSFG
08-25-2019, 08:38 AM
Atlanta.....The last good thing to come out of Atlanta was Sherman...right?

Big Ken
08-25-2019, 09:51 AM
Hello and Welcome

rice paddy daddy
08-25-2019, 10:29 AM
Atlanta.....The last good thing to come out of Atlanta was Sherman...right?

Hey! Hey!! Watch it!!!
Sherman is still on the shit list in The Real South.

I'm one of those guys from the generation that got Robert E. Lee's birthday off from school because it was a state holiday.
And the high school band "spirit song" at football games was Dixie.

Then them Damned Yankees infiltrated our state and things changed.

Slippy
08-25-2019, 11:00 AM
I'm with you RPD...but after living in metro Atlanta for a lot of dang years I have come to the conclusion that Sherman did not do a good enough job in Atlanta on his march to Savannah...

(On a side note, I've made the drive from Atlanta to Savannah a number of times and its one of the most boring rides one can take...how Sherman did it on horseback I can only imagine...but if you make the trip, please veer off 1-16 and make a detour to Vidalia for some ONIONS FROM THE GOOD LORD HIMSELF...)

https://www.vidaliaonion.org/

MountainGirl
08-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Those are damn good onions.

Welcome, Cain.

Slippy
08-25-2019, 01:11 PM
Those are damn good onions.

Welcome, Cain.

I remember living in Texas, where I was able to hone my BBQ skills and take it from "BackYard Cook" to the next level and the Onion Crazies in Texas made the Vidalia folks look tame. I remember the Texas 1015 Onion being the cat-daddy of sweet onions and many a BBQ included 1015's cut in half and grilled open face over Mesquite or Hickory seasoned with nothing but a pinch of salt and pepper and they were freakin' delicious.

The history of Texas Onions is a good one...
https://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/archives/parsons/publications/onions/ONIONHIS.html

Innkeeper
08-25-2019, 02:10 PM
Chaos and Mayhem! You forgot Mayhem.

I thought Mayhem was tarred and feathered then strung up for voting for the Bern?

Innkeeper
08-25-2019, 02:11 PM
I'm with you RPD...but after living in metro Atlanta for a lot of dang years I have come to the conclusion that Sherman did not do a good enough job in Atlanta on his march to Savannah...

(On a side note, I've made the drive from Atlanta to Savannah a number of times and its one of the most boring rides one can take...how Sherman did it on horseback I can only imagine...but if you make the trip, please veer off 1-16 and make a detour to Vidalia for some ONIONS FROM THE GOOD LORD HIMSELF...)

https://www.vidaliaonion.org/

I did the opposite drive Savannah to ATL a few time while I was stationed at Ft Stewart, yeah not an exciting drive.

BucketBack
08-25-2019, 03:43 PM
this is the place to raze Cain

rice paddy daddy
08-25-2019, 05:38 PM
Mmmmm. Vidalias!!
If you get them anytime other than in the spring, avoid them as they have been in storage somewhere.
It is the particular soil of that area that makes them so sweet.
One of my favorite things is to peel them, and then eat them raw, like an apple.

Leave the skin on, wet them just a little, wrap 'em in tin foil, and cook them on the grille.

And I agree with Slippy - Atlanta is the pits. I had to spend two 8 week periods in Norcross in the 90's for Georgia Pacific Corp. The place sucks, big time.

OSFG
08-25-2019, 06:07 PM
I did the opposite drive Savannah to ATL a few time while I was stationed at Ft Stewart, yeah not an exciting drive.

Ft. Stewart drive to Statesboro or Savannah was about the same distance, equally straight and boring, and equally prone to hit a deer on. Only thing worse was going the other way out the gate into Hinesville..... were you where prone to be attacked by 60 years old cougars, she-men, or the cops.

All three, if you went to the Oasis on a Friday night.

Sparkyprep
08-25-2019, 07:27 PM
Welcome from South Florida

OSFG
08-25-2019, 11:32 PM
point is ...sherman should have burnt republucan ino all the ******s of the south.....they got a different story altogether

OSFG
08-25-2019, 11:38 PM
you have what was given you. equality of effort.... now with yiur gang sign wearing ass yo find it lacking...yu find your ebonics lacking...you find that cops arrest criminal.....and it causes problems....crime is not an equaly offending area..

you make up the bulk...it aint racist that we find it that way.....

Inor
08-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Welcome from SE Arizona!

If I have to be stranded in an airport, I could do a whole lot worse than being stranded in ATL. At least there I can get a Co-cola and have a Fuente without having to leave security. I was once delayed for about 3 hours in the ATL airport and met a stripper in the stoogie lounge. I am pretty sure she was criminally insane, but she was real interesting to talk to for a couple hours. At one point she did not believe I was married so I called home and had her talk to Mrs Inor.

"Hi dear. My flight is delayed about 3 hours but there is a stripper here that really wants to talk to you."

Yes, being married to me, Mrs Inor has to put up with more than the usual amount of absurdity. :biglaugh:

rice paddy daddy
08-27-2019, 10:21 PM
Well, I'm flying to San Diego next week for the annual reunion of the 5th Infantry Division. I've got a 2+ hour layover in Hotlanta both ways.

Inor
08-27-2019, 10:46 PM
Well, I'm flying to San Diego next week for the annual reunion of the 5th Infantry Division. I've got a 2+ hour layover in Hotlanta both ways.

If you get diverted to PHX, please give a call. I will drive up and pick you up. I am certain you will enjoy it here for a day or two.

rice paddy daddy
08-28-2019, 07:28 AM
Flying Delta.

Deebo
08-28-2019, 12:53 PM
Welcome from SE Arizona!

If I have to be stranded in an airport, I could do a whole lot worse than being stranded in ATL. At least there I can get a Co-cola and have a Fuente without having to leave security. I was once delayed for about 3 hours in the ATL airport and met a stripper in the stoogie lounge. I am pretty sure she was criminally insane, but she was real interesting to talk to for a couple hours. At one point she did not believe I was married so I called home and had her talk to Mrs Inor.

"Hi dear. My flight is delayed about 3 hours but there is a stripper here that really wants to talk to you."

Yes, being married to me, Mrs Inor has to put up with more than the usual amount of absurdity. :biglaugh:

HA, Classic Inor.

Mister Mills
09-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Well, this isn't promising, he sounds like a hit and run. If he posts more than 100 times in the next 5 years, I will be shocked.