PDA

View Full Version : Mangos - What to do with them?

Inor
09-06-2019, 12:15 PM
I have told you all about our crazy neighbor George. He is the one that lives about 1/4 mile down the road from us in a 200 square foot shanty with a dog and 35 cats all named Steve.

Anyway, George showed up at our house yesterday with a case of mangos for us. (We have learned to never ask George how he comes to possess this weird stuff. He just does.) Mrs Inor and I were talking and I do not think either one of us has ever had a mango before. So we are not sure what to do with them. Can you make jam or mango butter from them? Or maybe more generally, what do you do with a case of mangos?

Slippy
09-06-2019, 12:38 PM
I have told you all about our crazy neighbor George. He is the one that lives about 1/4 down the road from us in a 200 square foot shanty with a dog and 35 cats all named Steve.

Anyway, George showed up at our house yesterday with a case of mangos for us. (We have learned to never ask George how he comes to possess this weird stuff. He just does.) Mrs Inor and I were talking and I do not think either one of us has ever had a mango before. So we are not sure what to do with them. Can you make jam or mango butter from them? Or maybe more generally, what do you do with a case of mangos?

MANGO SALSA!

Add diced mangos, diced onions, diced jalapenos (optional), choped cilantro, lime juice and a dash of orange juice. Mix and chill, salt and pepper and maybe a dash of hot sauce if you want. Serve with Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken or Grilled Fish.

Mangos are awesome! George did y'all a good one!

Dwight55
09-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Box may have "fallen off" a produce truck on it's way to Phoenix.

Produce has a habit of falling off in certain places.

Have fun with them, . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

Deebo
09-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Mangos taste like soap "to me".
To each his own, but the wife made Mango jam.

shootbrownelk
09-06-2019, 06:45 PM
Wasn't Chris Kattan from SNL doing the character "Mango"? So...It iS a Fruit.

Gambit
09-06-2019, 07:03 PM
roasted coconut and mango icecream
im drawing a blank, I should have tons of ideas and here I have only 1

Ricekila
09-06-2019, 07:48 PM
We dont see them much up here --

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Food/Food-2/8-July-25_zps43fd7869.jpg

Innkeeper
09-07-2019, 08:38 AM
I eat them from time to time both fresh and dehydrated, but never done anything special with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baglady
09-10-2019, 01:26 PM
I got nothing. :lost: Eat them.

Though Slippy's idea sounds amazing.

Mister Mills
09-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Mango's? You know I have asked certain women , what do you do with it? They yammered about how good they were, but with me, I don't like them.
Now if they were ripe cantaloupes, that is another thing.