PDA

View Full Version : Cranberry-Jalapeno Jelly Anyone tried it?

Broncosfan
11-01-2019, 06:06 PM
So I got a recipe today emailed to me for Cranberry/Jalapeno jelly. I still have a few jalapenos in the garden so I'm thinking why not! I think it might make an excellent glaze for a pork tenderloin or chops.

Slippy
11-01-2019, 08:02 PM
So I got a recipe today emailed to me for Cranberry/Jalapeno jelly. I still have a few jalapenos in the garden so I'm thinking why not! I think it might make an excellent glaze for a pork tenderloin or chops.

Sounds de-freakin-licious!

Inor
11-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Mrs Inor made some Apple-Jalapeno jelly (and Apple-Habanero jelly - I liked the Jalapeno better) . That was an amazing glaze on pork.

Give it a shot and please let us know how freakin' out of this world awesome it is!

Gambit
11-02-2019, 06:07 AM
that sounds yummy with some sharp cheddar cheese and ritz crackers

rstanek
11-02-2019, 07:05 AM
Tart, sweet and hot, an interesting combination.......kinda reminds me of my wife.......

TJC44
11-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Tart, sweet and hot, an interesting combination.......kinda reminds me of my wife.......

She reading over your shoulder?

rstanek
11-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Yep^^^^^^

Baglady
11-02-2019, 10:35 PM
That does sound good. I like sweet with a bit of a bite.
The China Buffet in Tupelo used to have a really hot mustard on their buffet. I always put a few drops over my sweet and sour sauce, with the rice and chicken. Clean out your sinuses, but sooo good!
Now I don't like to go there 'cause they took the hot mustard off the buffet. Manager said nobody used it...

Deebo
11-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Boom. My wife makes a "jalepeno" version on a lot of her jams. I wish shipping was cheaper, I would send everyone a jar.
A&W Root Beer
Apple Butter
Apple Cinnamon Jelly
Apricot
Black Plum
Blackberry
Blueberry
Blueberry Lemon
Chamango
Cherry
Choke Cherry
Cowboy Candy
Grandmas Apple Pie
Grape
Honey Dew
Kiwi
Mint
Mountain Dew
Nectarine
Orange Crush
Orange Mint
Peach
Peachcot
Peach and Habanero
Peach And Jalapeno
Peach Butter
Pear
Pepsi Blue
Plum
Plum Butter
Pomegranate
Raspberry
Red Bartlett Pear
Red Hot Apple Butter
Red Hot Candy Apple
Strawberry
Strawberry Jalapeno
Sun Kissed Melon
Watermelon
Wild Plum
See, I told you she has hot version of a bunch

Broncosfan
11-03-2019, 09:42 AM
Got a batch done. The half jar left is really good. It does have some heat and I'm glad I removed a lot of seeds as if you used the whole pepper I believe the heat would have overwhelmed the cranberry and tartness. I definitely can taste the tartness of the cranberry, the jalapeno flavor with some heat and then its sweet on top of it all. The recipe called for 6 cups sugar I went with 5 as it said that you could use as little as 4 cups. Now to let it sit a few days to taste again and see if it changes any as the taste I got today was still hadn't cooled completely yet