PDA

View Full Version : gathering of 2015

Deebo
12-21-2014, 07:32 PM
So, we still gonna get the ball rolling?
I suggest we DO THIS.
I would hope in spring, or summer, and at a location agreed upon, beavers bend was awesome, but pretty far off the beaten path.
I would love it in a forrested area, hopefully with water access.
Chime in, and let's finish the plans, everyone, both. Forums, and of course Inceptor, Inor and Mrs , Longrider, the Deebos.
And you, yes you, sitting in the bathroom at work.You.

OSFG
12-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Me personally I'd like anything that was regionally around TN, GA, SC, NC, VA area...but I could get to West coast, Texas, or, Middle parts of the US too. I had offered up to start working on one down in western North Carolinia.. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/nfsnc/null/recarea/?recid=48634&actid=30

I offered to arrange the camp grounds and reserve the main meeting area, as well as try to put together some activities like trail rides, range time, and maybe some entertainment, and asked the Forums to get the word out to any vendors who may want to set up some display booths. I would be willing to re-engage and get it organized. But I will need some help. but if it ends up just being a few of us then I would keep the peripherial stuff down and just make it a cookout type setting with who ever wants to bring an instrument entertaining us.

Inor
12-21-2014, 08:20 PM
I could probably convince Mrs Inor to go anywhere except the NE U.S. which I would think would be a non-starter anyway because of gun laws. Smokey Mountains maybe? GA would be good too since maybe we could convince RPD to join us?

RWalls
12-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Sounds fun, as long as it's not in a liberal cesspool like NY or CA I have no desire to ever set foot in any libtarded state.

Infidel
12-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Sounds fun, as long as it's not in a liberal cesspool like NY or CA I have no desire to ever set foot in any libtarded state.

You guys just gotta keep throwing salt in the wound don't you? LOL.

I'd like to make this trip but I doubt it'd be very likely. Distance wise I could do NC, SC, TN, VA, maybe even GA. Budget and time off wise I'm not sure.

-Infidel

RWalls
12-21-2014, 09:19 PM
You guys just gotta keep throwing salt in the wound don't you? LOL.

-Infidel

I'm sure there's a decent part in both states, I'm just not willing to look!

Imaexpat2
12-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Well if you all do a Beavers Bends meet up again, I an down big time and this year I can ditch work to make it for a week!

Deebo
12-22-2014, 12:41 AM
Bravers bend was great, I am not against going back, I can't remember the exact amount, by I'm thinking it was $75 dollars per cabin.
Inor, bring your chigger medicine... .

OSFG
12-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Its $25 per cabin (powerless) in NC. Plus three shooting ranges...a lot of trails...some river rafting....and there's some Ziplines nearby...There is one place that has an all day Zipline/river rafting deal for under $100 dollars. I will find the brochure and post it.

Arklatex
12-22-2014, 07:28 AM
I vote once again for camp Albert pike in Mena, Arkansas or beavers bend, OK. If we can get a time set in advance I can actually make it this time. Hard to get vacation approved when there's 1500 people working at the same place. Gulf shores Alabama might be nice if yall want to go to the beach. Never been there but I've heard it's a lot of fun.

Coppertop
12-22-2014, 08:06 AM
What ever happened to Beach Kowboy and the get together he was planning in MT this year? Last I knew he was going back to florida for a little while to deal with some family stuff and then I haven't seen him around. In quite some time now that I think about it.

Thanks

Deebo
12-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Not sure about Kowboy, I know he is in Florida, but dint wanna bug him.

Jeep
12-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Heard he was taking care of Dad. I would like to know asap, so I can make arrangements. I got school and livestock to deal with. Well no more issues than anyone else I suppose.

A J
12-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Its $25 per cabin (powerless) in NC. Plus three shooting ranges...a lot of trails...some river rafting....and there's some Ziplines nearby...There is one place that has an all day Zipline/river rafting deal for under $100 dollars. I will find the brochure and post it.

What is maximum range available on the shooting ranges?

AJ

Infidel
12-22-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm sure there's a decent part in both states, I'm just not willing to look!

Nope not anymore in NY. Herr Cuomo ruined what was left. Ah hell even I can't take it here anymore. Jumping ship as soon as I can get out.

-Infidel

Sparkyprep
12-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Being at the bottom of a peninsula, everywhere is a long drive for me. GA is five hours North!

OSFG
12-22-2014, 05:11 PM
What is maximum range available on the shooting ranges?

AJ

All three listed there only have 100 yard range maximum. with like a $3 daily pass listed on one of them..I didn't check the rates at the others. If you go to the link I posted and click other activities it gives you the info.

Innkeeper
12-22-2014, 05:50 PM
I would be happy for it to be a state where I can still carry, hate leaving my sidearm behind.

A J
12-22-2014, 07:05 PM
All three listed there only have 100 yard range maximum. with like a $3 daily pass listed on one of them..I didn't check the rates at the others. If you go to the link I posted and click other activities it gives you the info.

Bummer, was hoping I'd be able to bring something to stretch it out a bit :sniper:

AJ

longrider
12-22-2014, 07:17 PM
I'm in, no matter where. I do need some advanced notice, but I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Beavers Bend was a lot of fun. I vote Inor & Mrs I bring the smoker again. Those ribs were YUMMMYY!!! I'd like a pet-friendly place, as I'd like to bring my dogs. And I'd like to tent this time, if possible. I'm not afraid of chiggers. Mostly because I'm the only one who didn't get them. Vinegar in the veins, that's why.

We didn't have a meeting place, except for the Inors' cabin, which worked out just fine.

Smokin04
12-26-2014, 09:31 AM
I'm in if it's in the Carolina's. You know this Mike. I'll help out in anyway I can...April/May timeframe may work out best weather wise.

Inor
12-26-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm in, no matter where. I do need some advanced notice, but I am looking forward to meeting everyone. Beavers Bend was a lot of fun. I vote Inor & Mrs I bring the smoker again. Those ribs were YUMMMYY!!! I'd like a pet-friendly place, as I'd like to bring my dogs. And I'd like to tent this time, if possible. I'm not afraid of chiggers. Mostly because I'm the only one who didn't get them. Vinegar in the veins, that's why.

We didn't have a meeting place, except for the Inors' cabin, which worked out just fine.

I don't know that we'll be able to bring the smoker again. With an extra 140 pound dog by next summer, I just do not think we'll have the room. But I could smoke up some stuff at home and bring it along and just finish it wherever we end up.

James m
12-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Well the obvious answer is to let the dog ride inside the smoker.

Either that or one of the tow hitch expansions they use for deer.

OSFG
12-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Inor..what was the turn out numbers at the last gathering?

and if we invite folks from other forums...I say we do it as a red on Blue concept where they stay on one side of the camp and we the other and then we can bring some paint ball guns and fight em. Dual members can pick their own side...but we get a vote on accepting them...LOL.

the last part was a joke...sort of...well....

Jeep
12-26-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm just laughing

Inor
12-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Inor..what was the turn out numbers at the last gathering?

and if we invite folks from other forums...I say we do it as a red on Blue concept where they stay on one side of the camp and we the other and then we can bring some paint ball guns and fight em. Dual members can pick their own side...but we get a vote on accepting them...LOL.

the last part was a joke...sort of...well....

There were only 6 of us or 8 if you include our dogs. But it was a great time.

Innkeeper
12-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Hey they allow civilian groups to use the Ranges at Cp Grayling.... some good camp grounds near there as well as fishing and river canoeing.....I can check with a buddy and see if anything has changed since my last deployment to change that , but here on the 45th you do not want to plan camping before memorial day....just saying....and it is like paradise up here.

longrider
12-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Has anyone proposed the Gathering 2015 on the PF? It helps to know just who is interested, and where they are from and how far they are willing to travel. I think Beaver's Bend was about a 10 hour drive for me, one way. I'd love to see Georgia or N Florida. I truly am wide open. Except if there is a gathering in Alaska. That would take about 3 year's planning for me.

Deebo
12-29-2014, 03:12 PM
I will post up another thread on p.f.

Jeep
12-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Where is Beavers Bend ?

Inor
12-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Where is Beavers Bend ?

SE Oklahoma - right on the TX-OK-AR line.

longrider
12-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Maybe close to the Ozarks again. It's basically mid-country. I'd like to go with a group to Crater of Diamonds to do a little diamond hunting! Or near one of the Civil War sites like Shiloh? Just a couple more suggestions to throw everyone off. :) Who has the most interest, where are they from and how likely - in reality - are they to attend? We had a few that said they were definitely coming in 2014, but never showed. Let's weed a little. Kids and pets welcome. Tenting and cabins are good, as well as RV's. What say you, Deebo. Should we post a thread asking for Hot-like interest? and their basic location?

Inor
12-29-2014, 03:54 PM
I liked Slippy's suggestion of Custer State Park in SD. It has been many years since I was there, but I remember it being a really cool area. Plus I am sure we could shoot prairie dogs. - That is always fun!

Jeep
12-29-2014, 04:03 PM
I would love to make one of these sites as I have never been to many of them

Deebo
12-29-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm having a text convo with BeachKowboy right now, hold for the info.
And, yes, I want to have an intetest/options/ feeler, becoyse it was fun, but needed more people to be grand

Jeep
12-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Nice hope his family is well, never spoke to him before, he was gone when I showed up

Deebo
12-29-2014, 04:17 PM
Ok, BeachKowboy is in, he still is open to hosting in Montana, July or August, and he will be on the forum hopefully tonight.
Longrider, you can have the tent.

Jeep
12-29-2014, 04:19 PM
I hope Montana lol, that works for me

Deebo
12-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Yes, we would haul ass up there in my truck, then rent an rv somewhere. I am down with Montana. Up to y'all. Both.

Jeep
12-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Well if its here I need to hook up with him prior and help

Kahlan
12-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Wow that's about as far away from me as it's possible to get. That might be hard to swing.

Jeep
12-29-2014, 04:52 PM
Well if its in Montana we will make it worth your while

Sparkyprep
12-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Yea, Montana is a little out of driving range for me. An airplane is not an option right now.

James m
12-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Regional meets. Whatever happened to the one that was discussed prior.

Kahlan
12-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Regional meets. Whatever happened to the one that was discussed prior.

The SC one?

Sparkyprep
12-29-2014, 06:49 PM
I could probably do SC for a long weekend.

Beach Kowboy
12-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Sup you sexy bastards. I am all for havin it in Montana. I have access to 66,000 acres of private land and another half million acres of public land that borders us. Just look up the Upper Missouri River Breaks Monument area and that's where we are.very private area and can do what we want. We have been going back and forth to Florida due to my father but will still be happy to host. On a side note, if anyone wants to meet up in Florida or GA for a get together, We can do that too if you wont be able to make it to Montana.. Anyway. Ill be posting again as well so you liberal turds better watch out..BK is back!!

Sparkyprep
12-29-2014, 07:03 PM
BK, I'm am so glad to hear from you again. It's been too long. I hope that everything is ok with the family, and welcome back!

Beach Kowboy
12-29-2014, 07:06 PM
Thanks. My dad is still the same but holding on. It's good to be back. We still need to grab a beer or something. I am in Plant City just outside Tampa..

Sparkyprep
12-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Well, you know where I'm at. I've been through Plant City quite a bit last year, but not here lately.

Sparkyprep
12-29-2014, 07:09 PM
As for a FL gathering, it was 86 degrees today, where I live. Just saying.

Beach Kowboy
12-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks. My dad is still the same but holding on. It's good to be back. We still need to grab a beer or something. I am in Plant City just outside Tampa..

Beach Kowboy
12-29-2014, 07:15 PM
I know what ya mean. It's supposed to be -14 at our place in Montana tonight and it in mid 80s here in Florida and have the air crankin. How ****ed up is that!?

Sparkyprep
12-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Crazy what a few thousand miles will do. Lol.

Inor
12-29-2014, 07:20 PM
I know what ya mean. It's supposed to be -14 at our place in Montana tonight and it in mid 80s here in Florida and have the air crankin. How ****ed up is that!?

Hey Kowboy! You prick! How are you? Glad to see you back by the way.

Beach Kowboy
12-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks jerk off. Good to be back!! How are you and your better half?

Inor
12-29-2014, 07:43 PM
We're doing well. Are you back living in FL or still commuting?

Beach Kowboy
12-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Have been spending about 60% or more here in Florida but plan to be back in Montana full time by spring. Just depends on my dad. Unfortunately he wont be here much longer. I'm surprised he has held on this long.

Jeep
12-29-2014, 09:04 PM
Hey beach -12 here, got suspect animals possibly dropping out on me.

longrider
12-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Welcome back, Beach Kowboy! Glad you're on again. I'm sorry about your Dad. I'll say some prayers for you guys.

You're lucky. It's supposed to be -25 with wind chill here tonight. Ugh. I've got the horses in the barn, and the water running in the trailer house. Love that cold weather. I hope we end up having the gathering at your place. If it's not too much trouble.

Glad you're back.

omegabrock
12-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Let me know in advance and I'll see what the wife says. We love making random trips but have to plan with kids and animals.

longrider
01-01-2015, 12:08 AM
Well, if we go to BK's place, he said before that we can shoot. So no range fees, no shooting range "supervisor", etc. No camping fees, other than our host gifts. We can clean up after ourselves, so he isn't put upon by us. No park rules, etc. I vote BK's place.

BK, just let me know what I can do to help, if in fact we do come invade your space.''

I vote we start to vote our wishes, then whittle it down.

Coppertop
01-01-2015, 10:01 AM
BK- Glad to hear from you.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

longrider
01-09-2015, 12:53 PM
I just took a poll at the other forum. 4 people will attend in the TN, GA, NC, SC area for sure. Rice Paddy Daddy, would you be able to attend if we had it in that area? I'll help hire someone to take care of the critters... I really want you and Mrs Rice to be there.

Any takers here for a gathering in E TN, GA, NC, SC region? OSFG, you'd attend, right? I'm trying to kick start, push-push this thing, so I can ask for days off and get them! Any thoughts? Deebo, do you think you could make it? I know it's a long way, but it would be worth it...

Spring would work for me, as it's still a slow time; no harvest/canning to miss out on.

Slippy
01-09-2015, 02:01 PM
If the dates work, It would be easy for me to make a GA TN, NC SC get together. Gas, Food, Booze, a Cabin or Tent and I'm good to go.

Inor
01-09-2015, 02:19 PM
I am good with any of those.

Deebo
01-09-2015, 02:48 PM
Finances have been very funny, near the point of panic, but, if it's March or April, I think I can, if it's after, I'm pretty sure I can, and if it's summer I'm good.
Who is serious, and wants to do this?

OSFG
01-09-2015, 04:17 PM
If I get a date soon enough I will committ to attending and help do the arrangements if desired or we can just meet up at a camp ground and BBQ and play music and Drink, and talk, and drink, and maybe even fight if certain other folks show up...and drink.
I also have a 6 person tent and offer too host anyone who just wants a place to store their stuff and rack out without disruption or added costs.

Bring your own sleeping bag though, unless your a young hot single woman and willing to take over ownership of my sorry ass from Mrs. SFG.

Jeep
01-09-2015, 04:55 PM
If BK doesn't host it then make it Central USA, some won't have far to go. Or which state do we have the most members in. They could be the advance party.

longrider
01-09-2015, 07:13 PM
I have not heard a solid commitment from anyone to go to MT except Jeep. I was thinking Montana Rancher would chime in, but I haven't seen him on here for a while. At least the threads I look at. I would be up for attending a Gathering in both E TN, GA, Caolinas as well as MT. I'm a greedy little monkey who wants to meet everyone! :bigthumbup:

I'm surprised Kahlan hasn't piped up yet. Deebo, do you have time to nudge people with pm's? I haven't heard a thing from most of the TN people. Except for CSI. He's in, if it's in the East. I know it's hard to make solid plans when you have kids, animals, etc. I'm too excited to sleep, or to wait for the next Gathering.

Baglady
01-09-2015, 10:05 PM
I've been on board since the first discussion @ PF.
But, it would have to be in the South/SouthEast for us.
We be poor folk, but I'z bring some deer meat and pig!!
:beerchug: ...and BYOB..

Baglady
01-09-2015, 10:07 PM
This guy...1080

Baglady
01-09-2015, 10:10 PM
and this...1081

Smokin04
01-09-2015, 10:11 PM
In there like swimwear...if it's a weekend and in the carolinas, I'm in.

Inor
01-09-2015, 11:25 PM
I just took a poll at the other forum. 4 people will attend in the TN, GA, NC, SC area for sure. Rice Paddy Daddy, would you be able to attend if we had it in that area? I'll help hire someone to take care of the critters... I really want you and Mrs Rice to be there.

Any takers here for a gathering in E TN, GA, NC, SC region? OSFG, you'd attend, right? I'm trying to kick start, push-push this thing, so I can ask for days off and get them! Any thoughts? Deebo, do you think you could make it? I know it's a long way, but it would be worth it...

Spring would work for me, as it's still a slow time; no harvest/canning to miss out on.

Just spoke to the boss about this and she is good with any of the aforementioned places. (She has been battling a bad cold for a few days which is why she has not been around much.) Her only comment was: "I suppose they all have ****in' chiggers too."

Montana Rancher
01-10-2015, 12:57 AM
I have not heard a solid commitment from anyone to go to MT except Jeep. I was thinking Montana Rancher would chime in, but I haven't seen him on here for a while. At least the threads I look at. I would be up for attending a Gathering in both E TN, GA, Caolinas as well as MT. I'm a greedy little monkey who wants to meet everyone! :bigthumbup:

I'm surprised Kahlan hasn't piped up yet. Deebo, do you have time to nudge people with pm's? I haven't heard a thing from most of the TN people. Except for CSI. He's in, if it's in the East. I know it's hard to make solid plans when you have kids, animals, etc. I'm too excited to sleep, or to wait for the next Gathering.

I have a unique position in the forum as I am retarded (I mean retired) and if I have enough lea way I can make it. Last year the gathering contradicted with my family reunion and as my family brings about 80+ people, sorry you lost.

I have friends in VA and so anywhere around the east coast will be good for me, I can drive up to see my friends.

As a side note, anyone that plays an instrument should bring it, I have a passion for bringing people together in music (p.s. a voice is a good instrument)

Montana Rancher
01-10-2015, 01:00 AM
I have a unique position in the forum as I am retarded (I mean retired) and if I have enough lea way I can make it. Last year the gathering contradicted with my family reunion and as my family brings about 80+ people, sorry you lost.

I have friends in VA and so anywhere around the east coast will be good for me, I can drive up to see my friends.

As a side note, anyone that plays an instrument should bring it, I have a passion for bringing people together in music (p.s. a voice is a good instrument)

Oh, my bad, as long as it is country.

Baglady
01-11-2015, 12:22 AM
Oh, my bad, as long as it is country.
Not too hard to do since most country music is a 1-3-5 or 1-4-5 progression.
I think I know one country song...tho I no longer have a guitar.

Reptilicus
01-11-2015, 12:46 AM
Hmmmm. I'm just waiting to see where it is decided to happen before I will commit! I'll probably still be off work because of my back injury late last year (you know the Drs and PTs are going to milk it for all it's worth, but that's OK, not my dime and I'm still drawing a check) but a long drive may not be too great on me!! The Mrs. family reunion is in late June ( that's why I couldn't make Beaver's Bend last year) but other than that I may be good to go!!