PDA

View Full Version : Tractor!

Inor
01-07-2020, 08:21 PM
Mrs Inor and I have been talking about this since before we started building M.T. Acres, so today we finally went out and ordered a tractor. It will be delivered on Thursday or Friday!

We went with this bad boy:

https://lstractorusa.com/products/compact/mt2e-series/mt235he-35hp/

It comes with the front-end loader. So for implements, we got a brush hog, a box grader and a hay spear. So by this weekend, I will be farting through silk!

Of course, I will post pictures when it gets here.

Innkeeper
01-07-2020, 08:31 PM
Nice looking, expect to here how it works and handles over the coming years

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Broncosfan
01-07-2020, 08:44 PM
I have seen the brand locally at a small dealer in the town my wife works. Don't know anything about them though but it will be good to hear what you think of the unit as you get some use out of it.

Inor
01-07-2020, 09:09 PM
I have seen the brand locally at a small dealer in the town my wife works. Don't know anything about them though but it will be good to hear what you think of the unit as you get some use out of it.

They are the old Ford-New Holland brand. It has a 6 year warranty, so that says something (I hope).

Broncosfan
01-07-2020, 09:15 PM
They are the old Ford-New Holland brand. It has a 6 year warranty, so that says something (I hope).

Thanks that good to know. There are a lot of new brands of tractors on the market now. I don't know where I would start if I decided to buy another. Hopefully I will never have to. We bought a John Deere in 2006 and one of the big reasons was access to the dealer at the time.

MountainGirl
01-07-2020, 09:41 PM
Wow Inor, that is really nice. We could have used that up here over the last couple years with all the projects, especially the rock work. Now that you have your place pretty well built you can start on the ground projects! Gonna dig in a swimming pool for Mrs. Inor?

Inor
01-07-2020, 09:44 PM
Thanks that good to know. There are a lot of new brands of tractors on the market now. I don't know where I would start if I decided to buy another. Hopefully I will never have to. We bought a John Deere in 2006 and one of the big reasons was access to the dealer at the time.

I have never even driven a tractor before. So in doing my research, the statement that kept coming up again and again was: "A good dealer is more important than the brand". We really like the dealer we bought this one from. There is a John Deere dealer about the same distance away, but that guy just did not impress me much.

I'll let you know more once I have had some time to figure the damn thing out. :biglaugh:

Inor
01-07-2020, 09:46 PM
Wow Inor, that is really nice. We could have used that up here over the last couple years with all the projects, especially the rock work. Now that you have your place pretty well built you can start on the ground projects! Gonna dig in a swimming pool for Mrs. Inor?

No pool!!! EVER!!!

But I am toying with the idea of building a greenhouse with geothermal heating and cooling...

MountainGirl
01-07-2020, 09:54 PM
No pool!!! EVER!!!

But I am toying with the idea of building a greenhouse with geothermal heating and cooling...

Nice idea!
And, you could berm partially up the sides for more insulation...now that you'll have a bucket to save your back. :)

Dwight55
01-07-2020, 11:07 PM
What, . . . no belly mower, . . . ?????

You sure got ripped on that deal...........:biglaugh:

May God bless,
Dwight

(sarcasm off)

Slippy
01-07-2020, 11:11 PM
Mrs Inor and I have been talking about this since before we started building M.T. Acres, so today we finally went out and ordered a tractor. It will be delivered on Thursday or Friday!

We went with this bad boy:

https://lstractorusa.com/products/compact/mt2e-series/mt235he-35hp/

It comes with the front-end loader. So for implements, we got a brush hog, a box grader and a hay spear. So by this weekend, I will be farting through silk!

Of course, I will post pictures when it gets here.

Excellent Inor!

When you mentioned LS Tractors the last time we spoke, I looked them up and so far I'm impressed! My Green Tractor has served me well, but my hills and mud are getting me thinking about upgrading to a larger HP tractor. Looking forward to some pics!

Slippy
01-07-2020, 11:22 PM
I have never even driven a tractor before. So in doing my research, the statement that kept coming up again and again was: "A good dealer is more important than the brand". We really like the dealer we bought this one from. There is a John Deere dealer about the same distance away, but that guy just did not impress me much.

I'll let you know more once I have had some time to figure the damn thing out. :biglaugh:

Driving a NEW tractor is much different than driving an OLD tractor. Back in the 70's my summer jobs were working on a tree farm spraying pine trees for beetles and helping with prescribed burns to help growth of the longleaf pine and eliminate out of control wildfires...anyway, the land owner had an old Ford Tractor, probably vintage 1950's or so. Over the years, in various situations I drove newer tractors...BUT

...Fast forward to when I bought my 32 HP John Deere! It seemed to be mostly computers and digital! But the sumbitch rode and drove like a sophisticated beast.

I blew up my radiator last summer and it took me many hours to take apart a bunch of stuff to try and find the leaks, it took me HOURS...I had to take apart a ton of unrelated stuff and I am not a very good "mechanic".

All's well that ends well I suppose and my JD gets the job done for now...but one day I'd love to have an old BEAST of a simple 1950's era tractor!

Inor
01-07-2020, 11:42 PM
Driving a NEW tractor is much different than driving an OLD tractor. Back in the 70's my summer jobs were working on a tree farm spraying pine trees for beetles and helping with prescribed burns to help growth of the longleaf pine and eliminate out of control wildfires...anyway, the land owner had an old Ford Tractor, probably vintage 1950's or so. Over the years, in various situations I drove newer tractors...BUT

...Fast forward to when I bought my 32 HP John Deere! It seemed to be mostly computers and digital! But the sumbitch rode and drove like a sophisticated beast.

I blew up my radiator last summer and it took me many hours to take apart a bunch of stuff to try and find the leaks, it took me HOURS...I had to take apart a ton of unrelated stuff and I am not a very good "mechanic".

All's well that ends well I suppose and my JD gets the job done for now...but one day I'd love to have an old BEAST of a simple 1950's era tractor!

Not knowing squat about tractors yet, I need something new (that I presume works correctly out of the box) and with a good warranty. I probably spent too much, but... Now I got a TRACTOR!!!

Slippy
01-08-2020, 06:30 AM
Not knowing squat about tractors yet, I need something new (that I presume works correctly out of the box) and with a good warranty. I probably spent too much, but... Now I got a TRACTOR!!!

Inor,

tractor will change your life for the better immediately!

But just because I am an amicable asshole sometimes, and my hatred for government involvement pisses me off, and I want everyone else to be pissed off with me...I will urge you to do some research on the the Diesel Engine REGEN process on your tractor. It surprised me the first time my new tractor went into REGEN Mode. Without going into detail, do your research and ask your dealer. If nothing else it will be fun to see how much your dealer knows about the EPA induced REGEN on diesel engines.

I think LS may have a Mitsubishi engine, but I grabbed a quick info sheet on the Yanmar REGEN just to get you started. Enjoy! (****ing Government Involvement :crazy:)

https://www.yanmartractor.com/resources/tractor-tips/regen

Inor
01-09-2020, 02:59 PM
It came this morning!

I only played with it for about an hour today but I was surprised how quickly I got the hang of the bucket. I just filled in a few sinkholes that developed from the construction of the house and the She Shack. It definitely has the power to knock down a Yucca. (The weed of the desert.) Unfortunately it does not have quite enough weight to rip out the roots. I may try it again when I put the box grader on the back.

Speaking of the box grader, here is the box grader and hay spear in the background.

And the brush hog.

Slip -

We learned all about Regen mode when they dropped it off this morning. It has a switch to put it in "Regen mode" manually and the dealer suggested doing that about every 20 hours. I am not happy about the damn government mandating that my tractor has to run at 2600 RPMs for a freakin HALF HOUR not doing anything!!! Grrrr!

hawgrider
01-09-2020, 03:02 PM
What hell is regen mode ? Never heard of that.

What happens of you don't use the button or disconnect it?

TJC44
01-09-2020, 03:09 PM

The link Slippy put up for the Yanmar said that if you dismiss the prompt too many times, the computer will force it to perform.

RubberDuck
01-09-2020, 03:26 PM
It's new emissions bullshit all new Diesels have this in the exhaust system if it doesn't have the automatic system you have to buy DEF Diesel Exhaust Fluid to make it work.
Stupid stupid stupid this has broke me down more in the last 6 years than any other malfunction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Inor
01-09-2020, 03:26 PM

The guy said it goes into some kind of retard mode where you only get about 5HP and then you have to have it brought in so they can charge you several hundred dollars to clean some kind of damn filter.

hawgrider
01-09-2020, 03:31 PM
Wow that would piss me off! That's nuts force you into service...
My bloods boiling thinking about that.

I can see I'd be a candidate for an antique tractor.

Sparkyprep
01-09-2020, 03:45 PM

Those of us that are familiar with modern diesels know that "regen" is an overly-complicated, expensive system mandated by our gooberment, with the intent of lowering exhaust emissions, but really just serves as a frequent point of break-down, with the real intent of discouraging consumers from buying diesels at all. Most after-market part manufacturers have "exhaust delete kits" to remove this silly system from modern trucks. Inor should check into possibly finding one of these kits to fit his tractor.

Slippy
01-09-2020, 03:49 PM
It came this morning!

I only played with it for about an hour today but I was surprised how quickly I got the hang of the bucket. I just filled in a few sinkholes that developed from the construction of the house and the She Shack. It definitely has the power to knock down a Yucca. (The weed of the desert.) Unfortunately it does not have quite enough weight to rip out the roots. I may try it again when I put the box grader on the back.

Speaking of the box grader, here is the box grader and hay spear in the background.

And the brush hog.

Slip -

We learned all about Regen mode when they dropped it off this morning. It has a switch to put it in "Regen mode" manually and the dealer suggested doing that about every 20 hours. I am not happy about the damn government mandating that my tractor has to run at 2600 RPMs for a freakin HALF HOUR not doing anything!!! Grrrr!

First off AWESOME tractor Inor! Me and Mrs S went into town yesterday and stopped by the dealer that handled LS Tractors and I looked a couple over, very nice!

Second, yeah I thought you'd be as pleased with the EPA Mandated Gubmint Over-reaching BS called REGEN as I am! :second:

I've found that if I run my JD Wide Open Throttle at all (or most times) then it seems to blow out all of the Soot and the REGEN function doesn't happen as often. But, I'm here to tell you the first time it happened I was moving some dirt going up a fairly steep hill and I lost power for a moment and thought I was going to start going backwards out of control.

As far as increasing your "pulling power" drop the tranny into 4WD LOW and see if that helps.

ENJOY!

Deebo
01-09-2020, 03:49 PM
I understand that def fluid is just detergent and water, that's redicluous.
I cant spell.
I have want of a tractor, but I really cant afford one right now.
I have a plan though..
I have five good riding mowers, 3 run great, 2 need work, I will pretty them up. I have two go carts that never really got the kids interest, they and four of the mowers will go towards a good trade of a tractor. No brush hog needed, needed just a front bucket and drag blade...
Caviar dreams and redneck ingenuity, I may build a little scraper plow for the front of the best mower.

Deebo
01-09-2020, 03:50 PM
Inor, I'm told "men with tractors just wanna use them", so if you get bored, come over to DEEBO Estate and bring that beast, I will feed you all weekend, and buy you any dark nasty beer you want...

Sparkyprep
01-09-2020, 03:51 PM
I cant spell.
I have a plan though..
I have five good riding mowers, 3 run great, 2 need work, I will pretty them up. I have two go carts that never really got the kids interest, they and four of the mowers will go towards a good trade of a tractor. No brush hog needed, needed just a front bucket and drag blade...
Caviar dreams and redneck ingenuity, I may build a little scraper plow for the front of the best mower.

DEF is urea. It is cow piss.

Slippy
01-09-2020, 04:01 PM
I cant spell.
I have a plan though..

Deebs,

If you are looking to build some sort of drag scraper to keep dirt or gravel roads smooth take a 4'x4' piece of an old chain link fence and two 2"x6"x4' long treated lumber and attach the chain link fencing to the 2x6's, one at each end of the 4'x4' piece of chain link. Then take a length of chain and connect it to two ends of the leading 2x6 so you can attach it to your lawn tractor.

Its the same concept as the drag chain that they use at baseball fields to smooth out the infield.

Broncosfan
01-09-2020, 04:06 PM
Wow that would piss me off! That's nuts force you into service...
My bloods boiling thinking about that.

I can see I'd be a candidate for an antique tractor.

I guess I won't do an upgrade in the future! . My 2006 looks better and better

Deebo
01-09-2020, 04:59 PM
Deebs,

If you are looking to build some sort of drag scraper to keep dirt or gravel roads smooth take a 4'x4' piece of an old chain link fence and two 2"x6"x4' long treated lumber and attach the chain link fencing to the 2x6's, one at each end of the 4'x4' piece of chain link. Then take a length of chain and connect it to two ends of the leading 2x6 so you can attach it to your lawn tractor.

Its the same concept as the drag chain that they use at baseball fields to smooth out the infield.

Ha, i have one of similar design, a yard drag, made of steel pipe, truck chains and i beam. i plan on spending a few hours rewilding and reconnecting some cables. my main issue is "keeping it straight" behind the pulling machine?
When i use the truck, or mower, the hitch is the attachment, so the chain is formed in a 90 degree angle, well it turns a little and then doesn't level for crap. i am sure i will figure it out.
the front end blade is mainly because the JACKASS that dug mu irrigation ditch left huge clumps of dirt everywhere, and weeds grew around them.
Don't wanna jack Inors thread, but beiong a homeowner in the country is awesome and terrible.

Slippy
02-09-2020, 03:05 PM
Inor,

How much easier is your life now that you have the tractor?

Huge help on the homestead for sure!

Inor
02-09-2020, 03:25 PM
Inor,

How much easier is your life now that you have the tractor?

Huge help on the homestead for sure!

I have only used it a few times so far. I filled in some sinkholes that happened from building the house. They were so spread out and big that I would not have even attempted to do it by hand. I also filled in some holes by our gate that fill up with water whenever it rains. Again, I would not have done anything about them absent the tractor. So yes, the tractor has been a HUGE help so far.

Where it is really going to get a workout is when I put in the water lines for the gardens, fruit trees and steer pasture. I have about 1000 yards of water lines to bury. I will be starting on those as soon as I am home for more than 36 hours per week. (My travel schedule is a bitch right now.)

Which reminds me, I need to thank you. I took your advice when we were talking about tractors (just before I bought it). I was originally planning on getting a 6 foot box grader for it. After talking with you I decided to get a 5 footer instead because you mentioned your 35 HP tractor seemed a little underpowered with the box grader. The 5 footer has worked perfectly so far - no problems at all as long as I remember to put it in low gear and 4WD.

Slippy
02-09-2020, 03:54 PM
I have only used it a few times so far. I filled in some sinkholes that happened from building the house. They were so spread out and big that I would not have even attempted to do it by hand. I also filled in some holes by our gate that fill up with water whenever it rains. Again, I would not have done anything about them absent the tractor. So yes, the tractor has been a HUGE help so far.

Where it is really going to get a workout is when I put in the water lines for the gardens, fruit trees and steer pasture. I have about 1000 yards of water lines to bury. I will be starting on those as soon as I am home for more than 36 hours per week. (My travel schedule is a bitch right now.)

Which reminds me, I need to thank you. I took your advice when we were talking about tractors (just before I bought it). I was originally planning on getting a 6 foot box grader for it. After talking with you I decided to get a 5 footer instead because you mentioned your 35 HP tractor seemed a little underpowered with the box grader. The 5 footer has worked perfectly so far - no problems at all as long as I remember to put it in low gear and 4WD.

When a Box Blade Grader is properly filled it can weigh a "shit ton". Sometimes to get more traction, I'll fill up my front bucket but its a 2 edged sword...too much weight and it can bog down the tractor. Some front end weights can solve that, I just choose to use the bucket and not pay for the weights!

A 6' Box Grader would have been way too much weight to properly do your grading/smoothing etc. Regardless, enjoy the tractor, it is a helluva tool!

(PS, I'm still negotiating on the Phoenix gig that I told you about so I'll let you know if anything happens!)

Inor
02-09-2020, 04:01 PM
(PS, I'm still negotiating on the Phoenix gig that I told you about so I'll let you know if anything happens!)

We sure hope you can make that one work. It will be fun to have you and Mrs S around for a while! Maybe you can also convince Cam19 to stop by from time to time. Colorado is only about an 8 hour drive.

Deebo
02-09-2020, 05:09 PM
Hey YOU PRICKS, I'm close..I would stop in and buy drinks...Let me in on the secret?
Inor, Did i tell you I got a new number?
Check your PM, to see if you have my new number..
Slippy, if you want my number, Inor has it.

Inor
02-09-2020, 06:42 PM
Hey YOU PRICKS, I'm close..I would stop in and buy drinks...Let me in on the secret?
Inor, Did i tell you I got a new number?
Check your PM, to see if you have my new number..
Slippy, if you want my number, Inor has it.

Sent you a text to see if I entered it right.

Deebo
02-10-2020, 01:34 PM
Yes Sir, all good, now when can I borrow the tractor, it can be yours, just keep it at my house for a few months...

Inor
02-10-2020, 09:53 PM
Yes Sir, all good, now when can I borrow the tractor, it can be yours, just keep it at my house for a few months...

Just say the word boyo. But I hope you have the trailer to haul it because I don't! :biglaugh: