PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus vs. Real Preppers

Inor
02-24-2020, 01:01 AM
Maybe I am just getting old and crotchety or maybe it is just stupidity bugs the shit out of me. But the last couple weeks, reading PF and a few of the prepper blogs sites and everybody is freaking out over Coronavirus. Is it a potentially serious problem? Yes. Is it a serious problem in These United States right now? No.

But even more than that, these are self-named, so called "preppers" freaking out about it. If you call yourself a prepper, you are saying to God, the world and everyone (within OPSEC of course) that you and your family can provide for themselves and are good, no matter what. But when a bad cold pops up, you are going crazy because the local dollar store is sold out of Mary Kay Corned Beef Hash in a can?!?! Are you freaking' kidding me?!?

If you are just now heading to the grocery store or the pharmacy to stock up on food and prescription drugs, you are not a prepper; you are a douchebag!

The ENTIRE reason to prep is so you do not have to worry when a real crisis happens and have to stand in insane lines and pay insane prices for life's necessities.

GRRRR!!!!

hawgrider
02-24-2020, 05:16 AM
I won't play chicken little to the media hype.

And if it cleans up the gene pool so what shit happens and your gonna die anyway so whats the difference I'm not gonna die tired and worried.

Kung flu party at hawgs house!

Slippy
02-24-2020, 08:20 AM
Maybe I am just getting old and crotchety or maybe it is just stupidity bugs the shit out of me. But the last couple weeks, reading PF and a few of the prepper blogs sites and everybody is freaking out over Coronavirus. Is it a potentially serious problem? Yes. Is it a serious problem in These United States right now? No.

But even more than that, these are self-named, so called "preppers" freaking out about it. If you call yourself a prepper, you are saying to God, the world and everyone (within OPSEC of course) that you and your family can provide for themselves and are good, no matter what. But when a bad cold pops up, you are going crazy because the local dollar store is sold out of Mary Kay Corned Beef Hash in a can?!?! Are you freaking' kidding me?!?

If you are just now heading to the grocery store or the pharmacy to stock up on food and prescription drugs, you are not a prepper; you are a douchebag!

The ENTIRE reason to prep is so you do not have to worry when a real crisis happens and have to stand in insane lines and pay insane prices for life's necessities.

GRRRR!!!!

It is bizzare what is going on in the so called "prepper community" regarding this virus.

I like a site called Modern Survival Blog. The guy who runs it seems like a good dude and has some great info. I didn't post much except when some real douchebags showed their true colors and I got banned for bashing illegals and muslimes (as Slippy)

Every now and then I post now as Red Dog Master.

The people on Modern Survival Blog are freakin' infatuated with this virus.
https://modernsurvivalblog.com/pandemic/covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-worse-than-you-know/#comment-1691338
https://modernsurvivalblog.com/recent-comments/

MountainGirl
02-24-2020, 09:29 AM
I was hoping for an EMP. :twopopcorn:
Oh well. :beerchug:

Gambit
02-24-2020, 01:48 PM
I feel some preppers want something to happen only so they can feel like a real man or live out some kind of sick doomsday fantasy like a zombie apocalypse .
there is videos of people claiming its far worse then what it really is and WHO has giving warnings on how had it can turn into.
cant fine the video on yourtube but some guy claiming to be a scientist has claim that he knows what America and other countries endgame will be if it gets out of control.
he said that America will shut down to a halt and marshal law will be put in place to burn out the virus etc etc etc yada yada yada.
I feel the guy sniffs to much glue and the doomsday preppers are going to cream themselves soon a few people pass on here on American soil

but then again I'm just a moron who dose live by a quote
It happened before, it can happen again.
It happened there, it can happen here.
It happened to that person, it can happen to you.
No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life.

MountainGirl
02-24-2020, 02:02 PM
I feel some preppers want something to happen only so they can feel like a real man or live out some kind of sick doomsday fantasy like a zombie apocalypse .
there is videos of people claiming its far worse then what it really is and WHO has giving warnings on how had it can turn into.
cant fine the video on yourtube but some guy claiming to be a scientist has claim that he knows what America and other countries endgame will be if it gets out of control.
he said that America will shut down to a halt and marshal law will be put in place to burn out the virus etc etc etc yada yada yada.
I feel the guy sniffs to much glue and the doomsday preppers are going to cream themselves soon a few people pass on here on American soil

but then again I'm just a moron who dose live by a quote
It happened before, it can happen again.
It happened there, it can happen here.
It happened to that person, it can happen to you.
No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life.

You are not a moron at all
and more wisdom comes out of you
than most people I know.

Sparkyprep
02-24-2020, 04:24 PM
On the flip side, perhaps a "scare" like this will turn some people into real, life-long preppers that otherwise wouldn't be.

Mister Mills
02-29-2020, 02:35 PM

And if it cleans up the gene pool so what shit happens and your gonna die anyway so whats the difference I'm not gonna die tired and worried.

Where is the ballyhooed breakout of death and disease anyway? It has had time to get to any and all parts of the Earth; so there should be breakouts in NYC, Chicago and LA. Those cities have colossal airports, and so does Atlanta; so there should be people with the virus in those places.

This whole thing sounds overblown and bogus.

shootbrownelk
03-02-2020, 05:24 PM

The Corona virus is rampant in Iran and the Pope is ill.....for the life of me, I don't see a downside.

Gambit
03-02-2020, 05:32 PM
at this time there is 101 cases here in the US with 6 deaths.
I'm not worried until fema comes out and says we are all ****ed! and not in the good way

RubberDuck
03-02-2020, 05:40 PM
.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200302/2f726c54469ee7798712042b2b9dacd7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OSFG
03-02-2020, 06:43 PM
coronavirus is the next worst thing to Herpa-syphil-aids.... Both scare me about the same though.

Prepared One
03-03-2020, 05:18 AM
This China bug has me amazed. Chicken little's running and screaming we are going to die. What, maybe 3000 deaths out of 7.8 billion people? I am no math whiz but I would say you would have a better chance of getting hit by a bus driven by Hillary Clinton then dying of the China bug. The influenza last year killed what, 30,000? 35? The MSM bobble heads are blowing this way out of proportion.

Use your usual flu season protocols and more then likely, you will live to see the end of the world.

hawgrider
03-03-2020, 05:22 AM
The prepper sites are eating this stuff up!

Prepared One
03-03-2020, 05:40 AM
Oh yea. Pf has a couple of newbies that joined only after they watched the boob tube I am sure. Talk about closing the barn door after the horse is in the field. At less then 3000 dead I really don't see the reason for panic here.

Like I said, I can go two months standing on my head if they quarantined me in my house. I wouldn't mind really, it would give me a chance to catch up on my reading. I could get ol' Slippy to send me the hookers and booze if I run low :eyebrows:

Kfilly
03-14-2020, 01:04 PM
I was hoping for an EMP. :twopopcorn:
Oh well. :beerchug:

An EMP would have been better. This is not even a virus. It is the slow turn on of the global 5g network. This is done to make it look lime a virus. You will have medical martial law with forced vaccinations. This will cause the economy to collapse, and the bankers will walk away Scott free. This will force people back to their home countries so they become easier to control (reduction in travel). This will lead to government theft (bailouts to save airlines, cruises, etc). This is what the face of evil looks like. Here is an hour long video of someone questioning the official narrative. Oh, when did the MSM tell people to prep? Funny, they mention it now and they tell the mindless masses to buy TP. The evil elites must be laughing at the stupidity of our society.

https://youtu.be/CtfqUtW_8AA