PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus - Desperate Times!

Inor
03-01-2020, 06:58 PM
I needed beer, so rather than driving to the grocery store to get good beer (which is about a 45 minute trip each way), I decided to just pick up some cheap beer at the local dollar store. I got the very last 12 pack in the whole damn store! It is some kind of Bud Platinum stuff that I have never heard of.

People seem to be getting really worked up about the virus. But at least the folks in my area seem to have their priorities straight!

hawgrider
03-01-2020, 07:05 PM
They made a run on bottled water at the Chinamart and Meijer
bottled water really??? Why?

Innkeeper
03-01-2020, 07:30 PM
I have seen no changes in people up here the trailer trash are getting their tax checks and buying new TV's and gaming systems lots of flatlanders skiing and riding the trails but no changes in food or water buying that I noticed.
Maybe they aren't worried the kung flu can survive the cold up here lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

rstanek
03-01-2020, 07:47 PM
Us trailer trash here did our annual stock up,virus or no virus.....

Big Ken
03-01-2020, 08:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39A7Tr-H29E&feature=emb_logo

Innkeeper
03-01-2020, 08:38 PM
Us trailer trash here did our annual stock up,virus or no virus.....lol you are not who I am talking about. The ones i am talking about come in high as shit, smelling enough of marijuana to give me a contact buzz, bridge card in their wallet, kids are dirty with ill fitting clothes, and they are telling me they just got their tax money and are headed to Walmart to buy a new TV after they drop 600 on games and a new PS4....

I lived in a trailerfor awhile but I wasn't trash, just like manyothersIknow. It is how you live with dignity and respect for yourself and others.

Sasquatch
03-02-2020, 12:20 AM
Beer does have water in it.

Dwight55
03-02-2020, 08:20 AM
Some other corona virus news,.........

May God bless,
Dwight

https://www.the-sun.com/news/477408/coronavirus-iran-ayatollah-adviser-dead/

Ricekila
03-02-2020, 08:37 AM
^^^ Anything that kills our enemies --- be it a bomb or a bug -----

Mister Mills
03-02-2020, 12:06 PM
They made a run on bottled water at the Chinamart and Meijer
bottled water really??? Why?

It is a panic button reflex or something, they could just buy and fill up a 500 gallon tank. But that would be sensible, so the heck with that.
If they ever drink spring water straight from the spring, or well water; or from an uncontaminated mountain creek, they won't buy bottled water again.

hawgrider
03-02-2020, 12:25 PM
It is a panic button reflex or something, they could just buy and fill up a 500 gallon tank. But that would be sensible, so the heck with that.
If they ever drink spring water straight from the spring, or well water; or from an uncontaminated mountain creek, they won't buy bottled water again.

Thing is in my area most have a well? And even if the ones that are on city water its still weird ? why water? Whats that got to do with the corona cough and the dip in the stock market? They had bleach but no bottled water ....people are stupid!

RockDoc
03-02-2020, 01:54 PM
...Figured I'd pop my head back in here and see what you fine people are up to. In Suburban Houston, people are quietly stocking up. You can see the nervous looks on their faces. I even had the displeasure of overhearing an elderly woman begging for additional prescription refills at the pharmacy.

I've just been stocking up on vodka, shit-tickets, and protein.

BucketBack
03-02-2020, 04:03 PM
I can't stock up booze or beer.

I have 2 garbage can full of toilet paper and lots of Mountain House and MRE's.

Plus my canned goods

Baglady
03-02-2020, 05:00 PM
We survived the Ebola epidemic. That seemed a lot scarier than this.
But. It never hurts to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.
This is what we've been doing all these years after all.

Broncosfan
03-02-2020, 05:17 PM
My solution is to just stayed prepared. You never know what is coming! I think that is part of rural life be ready for the unexpected.

Mister Mills
03-03-2020, 03:57 PM
Thing is in my area most have a well? And even if the ones that are on city water its still weird ? why water? Whats that got to do with the corona cough and the dip in the stock market? They had bleach but no bottled water ....people are stupid!

They have a well and they are buying bottled water? OK, that is pretty stupid, that is all I can say. I would say that they are buying water; because they heard somewhere; a little something about needing water, in an emergency. And that is all that their mouse brains can remember.

Sparkyprep
03-03-2020, 06:16 PM
I noticed last night while shopping on MidwayUSA that they are sold out of all their Wise Preparedness Food. Everything backordered.

Ricekila
03-04-2020, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=QfznPscaiDQ&feature=emb_title

Big Ken
03-04-2020, 08:09 PM

Big Ken
03-04-2020, 08:36 PM

juskom95
03-04-2020, 09:05 PM
They are freaking out at the local hospitals so much so that they have run out of the "flu masks" and asked people to stop taking them unless actually sick.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Deebo
03-05-2020, 10:06 AM

bang bang, yes

Big Ken
03-06-2020, 08:18 PM

Gambit
03-07-2020, 11:01 AM
where my wife works there is a rumor that one of the female maintenance engineers who came back from japan tested positive for the virus
now Kentucky announced they have its first case and its a female from Harrison country and where my wife works its in mercer county
now im worried is the cdc will come and close down where my wife works.
the jap's already closed half of hitachi in japan due to this virus

StratBastard
03-07-2020, 07:34 PM
World's shortest horror movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9-POl_GFs

hawgrider
03-07-2020, 07:59 PM
World's shortest horror movie...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9-POl_GFs

Does it mean I'm twisted and cold if I laughed out loud?

Dwight55
03-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Does it mean I'm twisted and cold if I laughed out loud?

If you are, . . . there are two of us.............lol

May God bless,
Dwight

TJC44
03-07-2020, 08:32 PM
Three.

Inor
03-07-2020, 08:32 PM

May God bless,
Dwight

Four of us... hilarious!

Innkeeper
03-07-2020, 09:55 PM

May God bless,
DwightI am pretty sure it is a requirement to laugh at that if your a member of this forum.

MountainGirl
03-07-2020, 10:46 PM
ROFL - five!

T-Man 1066
03-08-2020, 09:36 AM
Six.

That made my day!

Gambit
03-08-2020, 10:52 AM
guess I will put myself down as 7.
but we all know that 7 8 9!
think about that.
no one got the joke about 7 8 and 9

StratBastard
03-08-2020, 09:19 PM

Ricekila
03-09-2020, 03:06 AM
Last I heard we gots 6 confirmed cases here on Lawnguyland now -- maybe I should stop licking door knobs for a while ?

Gambit
03-09-2020, 04:18 AM
Last I heard we gots 6 confirmed cases here on Lawnguyland now -- maybe I should stop licking door knobs for a while ?
even the ladies restroom?

RubberDuck
03-09-2020, 04:46 AM
.....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200309/cca643ca717f73c5fab62cf35c7181d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ricekila
03-09-2020, 03:28 PM
I'm a multi-Licker -- I Don't discriminate --

Innkeeper
03-09-2020, 07:49 PM
Supposedly Italy has expanded their quarantine from Lombardy to the whole country. With deaths now hitting high 400's.

MountainGirl
03-09-2020, 08:48 PM
Expert level achieved.

MountainGirl
03-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Willing to trade 3 rolls 2-ply toilet paper and a half can of Lysol spray - for a 68 Camaro. Message me.

hawgrider
03-10-2020, 04:19 AM
68 does it run and have wheels... I'm in.

RubberDuck
03-10-2020, 05:23 AM
During these desperate scary times I like to eat so this is my new to me Corona virus grill picking it up tonight https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200310/641762e3b575fc110a3b467587cdab51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hawgrider
03-10-2020, 05:40 AM
25 bucks is a steal!

Inor
03-10-2020, 05:45 AM
I may have found a solution to Coronavirus. At least it is working for us so far.

I have been smearing my door with Chick-fil-A sauce and so far the Coronavirus Angel has passed right by our house. I cannot guarantee it 100%, but you heathens might want to try it for some added insurance.

Slippy
03-10-2020, 08:00 AM
I may have found a solution to Coronavirus. At least it is working for us so far.

I have been smearing my door with Chick-fil-A sauce and so far the Coronavirus Angel has passed right by our house. I cannot guarantee it 100%, but you heathens might want to try it for some added insurance.

Never thought about it for the Chicom Wuhan Flu! It works of fags/dykes/trans-retards, but good to know it works on the Chicom Wuhan flu too! Learn something everyday!

Ricekila
03-18-2020, 11:48 AM
Soooooooooooooooooooo -- Wifey & I go out for eggie breakfast and the place was just about empty -- stop at the building behind Good Sam to clear up a bill -- before she got to the desk they had her fill out a questionnaire --

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v667/RICEKILA/6/18-Mar-3.jpg (https://app.photobucket.com/u/RICEKILA/p/33591f51-b49f-4413-a380-baff8f964d65)

Then we take a slow drive out to Jones Beach west end -- no long lines --- they ask for your on-line # before you can drive over to the tents ---- 3 tourists before me made u-turns ( I wasn't the only one ) --

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v667/RICEKILA/6/18-Mar-2.jpg (https://app.photobucket.com/u/RICEKILA/p/cca1006e-98c7-44cd-8ea0-0e9a41c8f06f)

With all the State P/D & press there -- it looked like "Checkpoint Charly" --

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 12:02 PM
Whats up with the check point are those not illegal papers please?

juskom95
03-18-2020, 12:52 PM
--- they ask for your on-line # before you can drive over to the tents ----

Is that a reservation number or something?

Innkeeper
03-18-2020, 01:06 PM
What is your party membership number comrade?

Slippy
03-18-2020, 01:09 PM
Fubar Rice, Fubar

Ricekila
03-18-2020, 03:25 PM
Is that a reservation number or something?

Obviously so they know you took the on-line questions - so they can keep track of whos sick --

The other day in Brooklyn ( ? ) some woman tested positive & left --- no idea of who she is / wheres shes from and the important thing ---- who she'll infect --

juskom95
03-18-2020, 03:33 PM
Obviously so they know you took the on-line questions - so they can keep track of whos sick --
What in the hell!? That is an open door to some massively dangerous territory, that is what "Asking for Papers," is!

StratBastard
03-21-2020, 05:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpoJGYlW54&t=334s

Broncosfan
03-21-2020, 07:24 AM
I seen this list of essential jobs its not official but I thought it was interesting it leaves very little out or else your a waitress, bartender, movie star or a music star!
I didn't seen ammo or gun manufacturing on there either on the list either!

Gas stations, auto supply stores, auto repair shops and related facilities

Pharmacies

Grocery stores, farmers markets, food banks and convenience stores

Liquor stores

Restaurants (only for delivery, takeout and drive-thru)

Hardware stores and plumbers

Contractors and other tradesmen, appliance repair personnel

Exterminators and other service providers

Landscape and pool care businesses, including residential landscape and pool care

Construction sites and engineering and architecture firms

Banks and related financial institutions including insurance and accounting services

Phone and computer sellers

Community benefit organizations on a case-by-case basis

Laundromats, dry cleaners and laundry service providers

Healthcare providers, hospitals, clinics and healthcare operations including research and laboratory services, medical wholesale and distribution, and dentists

Businesses that provide shelter and/or social services

Newspapers, television, radio and other media outlets

Businesses offering mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes

Airlines, taxis and other private transportation providers

Home-based care for seniors, adults or children

Assisted living facilities, nursing homes, adult day care centers and senior facilities

Pet supply stores

Veterinary offices

Police stations

Fire stations

Building code enforcement

Jails

Courts

Garbage/sanitation and recycling services

Public transportation (Muni, BART, subways)

Utilities (water, power and gas, telecommunications)

Certain city, county, state and federal offices

Funeral homes, crematoriums and cemeteries

Maintenance staff, cleaners, janitors and doormen

Manufacturing including food processing, chemical, pharmaceutical, agricultural, paper products, safety and sanitary products

Broncosfan
03-22-2020, 01:50 PM
Ohio orders mandatory Shelter in Place starting tomorrow night Midnight

Ricekila
03-22-2020, 02:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU0d8kpybVg

hawgrider
03-22-2020, 03:41 PM
Ohio orders mandatory Shelter in Place starting tomorrow night Midnight

I wonder if Dwight has heard ?

TJC44
03-22-2020, 05:31 PM
I seen this list of essential jobs its not official but I thought it was interesting it leaves very little out or else your a waitress, bartender, movie star or a music star!

Pharmacies

Liquor stores

Landscape and pool care businesses, including residential landscape and pool care

Banks and related financial institutions including insurance and accounting services

Healthcare providers, hospitals, clinics and healthcare operations including research and laboratory services, medical wholesale and distribution, and dentists

Assisted living facilities, nursing homes, adult day care centers and senior facilities

Pet supply stores

Veterinary offices

Police stations

Fire stations

Jails

Courts

Manufacturing including food processing, chemical, pharmaceutical, agricultural, paper products, safety and sanitary products

CT has also exempted manufacturing for defense. So I get to go to work. That would probably also include any gun mfrs that have DOD contracts.

A nursing home here now has 5 cases of COVID-19, 1 death due to same. I saw Riker's Island had 35 cases between CO's and inmates.

Sparkyprep
03-23-2020, 08:19 AM

Pharmacies

Liquor stores

Pet supply stores

Veterinary offices

Police stations

Fire stations

Jails

Courts

Soooooo……. pretty much everybody.

Broncosfan
03-23-2020, 08:40 AM

Yes that is about what I see. I did hear in Ohio car dealers will be closed. I believe this is more to keep crowds down and make sure everyone keeps their social distance. It can be enforced also now as it was just a volunteer effort before. I figure large cities there are a lot of people just going about whatever they want to do so now they can really enforce it if they feel the need to. I also figure the health departments will be doing a lot of spot checks at restaurants and such

juskom95
03-23-2020, 08:50 AM

Looks like most of these 'Shelter In Place,' are aimed at things like restaurants, malls, bars, retail stores . . . places where large groups of people typically gather or who have significant foot traffic.

juskom95
03-23-2020, 08:52 AM
Yes that is about what I see. I did hear in Ohio car dealers will be closed. I believe this is more to keep crowds down and make sure everyone keeps their social distance. It can be enforced also now as it was just a volunteer effort before. I figure large cities there are a lot of people just going about whatever they want to do so now they can really enforce it if they feel the need to. I also figure the health departments will be doing a lot of spot checks at restaurants and such

Columbus OH is a great example of an area where they cannot enforce this. CPD and Franklin Sheriff's cannot keep that area under control during regular days/weeks, but to enforce this? There isn't enough Reserve officers or National Guard to hope to do more than the occasional arrest/detention.

Broncosfan
03-23-2020, 02:42 PM
Wife left work @ 11 am and they closed down until ?? a@ 2 pm. My point on this situation is that its hurting more lower income as far as jobs that most. So I don't agree with the Republicans at all on the stimulus package as it looks like they just want to bail out corporations with extra $$$ and not send lower income but half of what they send others. I know before everyone bitches at me there are some that sit on there a** and collect all they can but this stimulus package is more corporate WELFARE than anything. My wife doesn't make great money but we get by because we're very thrifty.

juskom95
03-23-2020, 02:57 PM
Wife left work @ 11 am and they closed down until ?? a@ 2 pm. My point on this situation is that its hurting more lower income as far as jobs that most. So I don't agree with the Republicans at all on the stimulus package as it looks like they just want to bail out corporations with extra $$$ and not send lower income but half of what they send others. I know before everyone bitches at me there are some that sit on there a** and collect all they can but this stimulus package is more corporate WELFARE than anything. My wife doesn't make great money but we get by because we're very thrifty.

One point to consider, if your wife's employer goes under, there is no future job to be had later when the economy improves. Most families could make do if one parent lost a job, it just means making sacrifices they may not normally make.

My wife is probably going to be laid off today when she leaves work and the store she works at may not ever re-open after all this, even with help from the government. So I am looking at a very similar situation as you, my wife will be out of work but her job won't be there for her to go back to.

No package is going to be perfect, but it needs to focus on big picture ideas rather than anything else.

Broncosfan
03-23-2020, 05:44 PM
One point to consider, if your wife's employer goes under, there is no future job to be had later when the economy improves. Most families could make do if one parent lost a job, it just means making sacrifices they may not normally make.

My wife is probably going to be laid off today when she leaves work and the store she works at may not ever re-open after all this, even with help from the government. So I am looking at a very similar situation as you, my wife will be out of work but her job won't be there for her to go back to.

No package is going to be perfect, but it needs to focus on big picture ideas rather than anything else.

I have no problem helping companies out at all. I just think they can do more to help families also. This is a no win situation. I just think that the companies use it to their advantage like stock buy backs etc and most know how to avoid most taxes . I think there should be a middle line and I think we should fire the whole dam* bunch in Washington! Term limits so no one can have there agenda for decades. I would rather not see the country in this situation. But its here now. Can I survive without it yes I'm sure. So if I can the companies can.

StratBastard
03-23-2020, 06:47 PM
Capitalism: all companies should be prepared to weather a storm just as all individuals must. Take the risk of doing business out of the equation, with profits privatized and losses socialized via taxpayers, and we slip further into statism.

TJC44
03-23-2020, 08:25 PM
I think there should be a middle line and I think we should fire the whole dam* bunch in Washington! Term limits so no one can have there agenda for decades. I would rather not see the country in this situation. But its here now. Can I survive without it yes I'm sure. So if I can the companies can.

Nice idea, Bronco, only one small problem. That bill establishing term limits for Congress would have to be passed by...……….
you guessed it: Congress.
Any guesses on what chance it would have of passing?

TJC44
03-23-2020, 08:29 PM
CT has also exempted manufacturing for defense. So I get to go to work. That would probably also include any gun mfrs that have DOD contracts.

A nursing home here now has 5 cases of COVID-19, 1 death due to same. I saw Riker's Island had 35 cases between CO's and inmates.

Also, my sister works for Dollar General Warehouse. She is still working. I'm wondering what's on the list of NOT working, It's got to be shorter.

Broncosfan
03-23-2020, 08:35 PM
Nice idea, Bronco, only one small problem. That bill establishing term limits for Congress would have to be passed by...……….
you guessed it: Congress.
Any guesses on what chance it would have of passing?

I know that it would never happen. One of the only jobs in the world that you work for someone else and you can give yourself a raise and other perks! It's sad it comes down to you to have to vote for the best of two evils!!

TJC44
03-23-2020, 08:41 PM
I know that it would never happen. One of the only jobs in the world that you work for someone else and you can give yourself a raise and other perks! It's sad it comes down to you to have to vote for the best of two evils!!

Or hope that 635 members of Congress contract COVID-19? It's already started.

MountainGirl
03-23-2020, 09:26 PM

That ^^ gets my vote for POTD!

Slippy
03-23-2020, 09:32 PM

535 or 635...but who's counting? I vote for everyone in DC to get the chicom virus!

Inor
03-23-2020, 09:46 PM
535 or 635...but who's counting? I vote for everyone in DC to get the chicom virus!

The chicom virus is too good for those idiots. I would much prefer them to get one of Gambit's myriad of diseases he wants Madonna and Michael Moore to get.

TJC44
03-23-2020, 09:50 PM

535 in the House and 100 Senators. I personally want a couple of Senators OUT!

Inor
03-23-2020, 09:57 PM
535 in the House and 100 Senators. I personally want a couple of Senators OUT!

435 in the House plus 100 senators. That is why there are also 535 in the Electoral College as well.

MountainGirl
03-23-2020, 10:05 PM
Oh **** just let them all twist.
God can count them later.
Or not.

Inor
03-23-2020, 10:47 PM
Oh **** just let them all twist.
God can count them later.
Or not.

If God is counting them, that will only take one hand with several fingers left over.

MountainGirl
03-23-2020, 10:49 PM
If God is counting them, that will only take one hand with several fingers left over.

Bingo!

Sasquatch
03-24-2020, 01:08 AM

Can we just give DC to the Chicoms? Including all inhabitants?

MountainGirl
03-24-2020, 09:26 AM

Half of your idea would be redundant.

Inor
03-24-2020, 10:12 AM

I don't think Kenya would be willing to give it up. Do you?

TJC44
03-24-2020, 10:55 AM
435 in the House plus 100 senators. That is why there are also 535 in the Electoral College as well.O.k., so gov't studies wasn't my strong point.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Broncosfan
03-25-2020, 08:31 AM
So day #2 of Ohio's mandatory " Stay at Home" order. The sun rose both days although we didn't see the sun rise becasue of the clouds. All seems well. Haven't shot any thieves or had to run any crazies from the city off the property. Wife being home is a little weird but she hasn't killed me yet! Lol. Food supply is good haven't really changed any day to day activities. Power company called for an emergency outage within an hour. We loaded up the generator and before we got it in place the power was one. Supposed to be out until 12 pm. So all is well here in Ohio hope all is well with other OTP member where ever you location! Always locked and loaded and prepared! Everyone Stay Safe!!!

Innkeeper
03-25-2020, 08:37 AM
Yeah so far no real changes here in Northern Michigan, doing a deep spring clean of one room a day the dogs are going to be pissed when I finally go back to work.
Let's see how things look in a week.

MountainGirl
03-25-2020, 10:06 AM
No clue whatsoever how things are off Peaceful Mountain.

Did hear Spokane LE are NOT going to enforce Inslee's social distancing orders; only advise/inform violators rather than ticket/arrest.
East side of state is very different than west side of state.

rstanek
03-25-2020, 12:56 PM
Every morning I check our county’s arrests for the last 24 hrs, sometimes I may know someone, anyway, there haven’t been any arrests for the last three days and the jail population is down to about half of what it normally is, the making of a perfect storm for public safety....JMO

Inor
03-25-2020, 01:25 PM
Every morning I check our county’s arrests for the last 24 hrs, sometimes I may know someone, anyway, there haven’t been any arrests for the last three days and the jail population is down to about half of what it normally is, the making of a perfect storm for public safety....JMO

Criminal Lives Matter don't you know...

juskom95
03-25-2020, 02:11 PM

It makes me think the police are being tasked with something else at the moment.

rstanek
03-25-2020, 02:18 PM
It makes me think the police are being tasked with something else at the moment.

I’m sure with the virus in play it creates unexpected variables and circumstances that none of us were expecting, though someone shot a pellet gun or a BB gun at my truck last night, not going to bother law enforcement with it, but it sure pisses me off.10237

RubberDuck
03-25-2020, 05:04 PM
I urge everyone laid off or making less during this time to make calls to your loan and credit card companies they are deferring payments for no extra cost not all but some.
G.M. for lease vehicles are not helping very much other then no late fees.

juskom95
03-26-2020, 10:44 AM
Well, this is gonna cause some interesting situations.

FRANKFORT, Ky. (WKYT) - There is now a hotline to report businesses that are not following Governor Andy Beshear's recommendations to stop the spread of COVID-19.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Heres-how-to-report-businesses-not-following-COVID-19-recommendations-569047221.html

RubberDuck
03-26-2020, 11:15 AM
Well, this is gonna cause some interesting situations.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Heres-how-to-report-businesses-not-following-COVID-19-recommendations-569047221.htmlHere they are instructing to call local law enforcement to report that instead of the AG office

juskom95
03-26-2020, 11:16 AM
Here they are instructing to call local law enforcement to report that instead of the AG office

Yeah . . . not really any better.

BucketBack
03-26-2020, 12:10 PM
^ this

Most folks here are related

juskom95
03-26-2020, 03:33 PM
I was watching the news today (yeah I know, but outside of a few bobbleheads I'm alone in my office) and they showed a picture of a NYC train . . . no wonder its spreading like wildfire there! They're packed in, touching one another!

StratBastard
03-27-2020, 03:00 AM
I talked with a man today, an 80+-year-old man. I asked him if there was anything I can get him while this Coronavirus scare was gripping America.
He simply smiled, looked away and said:
"Let me tell you what I need! I need to believe, at some point, this country my generation fought for... I need to believe this nation we handed safely to our children and their children...
I need to know this generation will quit being a bunch of sissies...that they respect what they've been given...that they've earned what others sacrificed for."
I wasn't sure where the conversation was going or if it was going anywhere at all. So, I sat there, quietly observing.
"You know, I was a little boy during WWII. Those were scary days. We didn't know if we were going to be speaking English, German or Japanese at the end of the war. There was no certainty, no guarantees like Americans enjoy today.
And no home went without sacrifice or loss. Every house, up and down every street, had someone in harm's way. Maybe their Daddy was a soldier, maybe their son was a sailor, maybe it was an uncle. Sometimes it was the whole damn family...fathers, sons, uncles...
Having someone, you love, sent off to war...it wasn't less frightening than it is today. It was scary as Hell. If anything, it was more frightening. We didn't have battlefront news. We didn't have email or cellphones. You sent them away and you hoped...you prayed. You may not hear from them for months, if ever. Sometimes a mother was getting her son's letters the same day Dad was comforting her over their child's death.
And we sacrificed. You couldn't buy things. Everything was rationed. You were only allowed so much milk per month, only so much bread, toilet paper. EVERYTHING was restricted for the war effort. And what you weren't using, what you didn't need, things you threw away, they were saved and sorted for the war effort. My generation was the original recycling movement in America.
And we had viruses back then...serious viruses. Things like polio, measles, and such. It was nothing to walk to school and pass a house or two that was quarantined. We didn't shut down our schools. We didn't shut down our cities. We carried on, without masks, without hand sanitizer. And do you know what? We persevered. We overcame. We didn't attack our President, we came together. We rallied around the flag for the war. Thick or thin, we were in it to win. And we would lose more boys in an hour of combat than we lose in entire wars today."
He slowly looked away again. Maybe I saw a small tear in the corner of his eye. Then he continued:
"Today's kids don't know sacrifice. They think sacrifice is not having coverage on their phone while they freely drive across the country. Today's kids are selfish and spoiled. In my generation, we looked out for our elders. We helped out with single moms whose husbands were either at war or dead from war. Today's kids rush the store, buying everything they can...no concern for anyone but themselves. It's shameful the way Americans behave these days. None of them deserve the sacrifices their granddads made.
So, no I don't need anything. I appreciate your offer but, I know I've been through worse things than this virus. But maybe I should be asking you, what can I do to help you? Do you have enough pop to get through this, enough steak? Will you be able to survive with 113 channels on your tv?"
I smiled, fighting back a tear of my own...now humbled by a man in his 80's. All I could do was thank him for the history lesson, leave my number for emergency and leave with my ego firmly tucked in my rear.
I talked to a man today. A real man. An American man from an era long gone and forgotten. We will never understand the sacrifices. We will never fully earn their sacrifices. But we should work harder to learn about them..learn from them...to respect them.

Big Ken
03-29-2020, 07:59 PM
Shelter in place extended until April 30th.

Big Ken
03-29-2020, 09:33 PM
Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9vlpC0bRo&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2rS0QPlU1a165HfhIzij7HR166o5pRZE3oAmqix FIqKOMQFQ1T_61X7OQ

MountainGirl
03-29-2020, 10:27 PM
Watch
I watched it and found nothing to disbelieve.
Thanks for sharing.

Broncosfan
03-31-2020, 02:00 PM
Our county just got the first case Corona virus. A 58 year old female. Ohio now has outbreaks in 71/88 counties.

Broncosfan
04-02-2020, 02:16 PM
Ohio will extend its " Stay at Home" order when the current order expires on Monday night. The new order expires May 1.

KnuteFartne
04-09-2020, 12:26 PM
Current models revised downward AGAIN!

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/04/08/wuhan-virus-model-sees-another-dramatic-downward-revision/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MoreAmmoOK
04-09-2020, 01:06 PM
It will be very interesting when we can compare total number of deaths in U.S. January-May 2020 to the same in 2019.

BucketBack
04-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Whitmer extends ours to April 30

She looked way better in that blue dress

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/04/09/whitmer-extends-stay-home-order-april-30/5122232002/

juskom95
04-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Whitmer extends ours to April 30

She looked way better in that blue dress

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/04/09/whitmer-extends-stay-home-order-april-30/5122232002/

I find it funny that everyone is focusing on the total infected (the higher number) and not the total deaths . . . .

Sarge7402
04-09-2020, 05:45 PM
One thing that was brought up earlier today was that those placed on a ventilator seemed to be the bulk of those dying.

Broncosfan
04-10-2020, 03:04 AM
I talked to one of my stepdads mushroom hunting buddies and it seems that my stepdad was convinced that he had Corona virus right after my Mom died. I guess anything is possible but I really believe it was more of a stress issue. Also talking with the county Coroner which just happened to be my Mom's doctor before she pass but he told me that my stepdads suicide was the 3 one in I believe he said 48 hours it might have be 24 hrs. We live in a small rural county.

juskom95
04-10-2020, 06:44 AM
I talked to one of my stepdads mushroom hunting buddies and it seems that my stepdad was convinced that he had Corona virus right after my Mom died. I guess anything is possible but I really believe it was more of a stress issue. Also talking with the county Coroner which just happened to be my Mom's doctor before she pass but he told me that my stepdads suicide was the 3 one in I believe he said 48 hours it might have be 24 hrs. We live in a small rural county.

Stress causes weird things to happen, and it effects us all in different ways. Some good, some bad.

Broncosfan
04-10-2020, 09:43 AM
I think it really was stress.

Big Ken
04-10-2020, 11:14 PM

StratBastard
04-11-2020, 01:26 AM

StratBastard
04-11-2020, 08:59 PM

juskom95
04-11-2020, 09:05 PM

Notice the surge is always "Tomorrow," or "Next week," for some odd reason?

StratBastard
04-11-2020, 11:04 PM

StratBastard
04-12-2020, 01:15 AM

StratBastard
04-12-2020, 01:50 AM

StratBastard
04-12-2020, 02:41 AM

StratBastard
04-13-2020, 06:22 PM
Hospitals like ghost towns in many parts of Oregon...

hawgrider
04-13-2020, 06:34 PM

And just like that...

It wasn't any where near as bad as fake news was reporting.

juskom95
04-13-2020, 06:35 PM

I know the two biggest hospitals in my area are performing layoffs.

TJC44
04-13-2020, 08:09 PM
They were one of the earlier hotspots. Looks like it's already tapering off there.

Big Ken
04-27-2020, 11:48 AM
A must see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=139&v=xfLVxx_lBLU&feature=emb_logo&fbclid=IwAR3cNBOjqZkp7-91rBRX0D6Pik8W0wKLGqnQRw70JGzSas5d1qr8tv9lHh8

There is a short part 2

hawgrider
04-27-2020, 12:40 PM
A must see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=139&v=xfLVxx_lBLU&feature=emb_logo&fbclid=IwAR3cNBOjqZkp7-91rBRX0D6Pik8W0wKLGqnQRw70JGzSas5d1qr8tv9lHh8

There is a short part 2

What's the cliff notes Ken? My attention span will never make 50 + minutes

OSFG
04-27-2020, 03:22 PM
A must see.

There is a short part 2

This was a great video...everyone should watch... too many points learned to describe but here is the basics:

To Doctors, with over 40 years combined, in virology, bacteria, and immunology say the data shows a rate of spread about 6% or higher and a death rate of 0.015%, which puts it in the realm of similar to the flu (even with the flu vaccine). and the overall effective to quarantine at home is a reduced immune system, which will lead to a spike in other diseases. made great argument about why the government should have a damn good scientifically sound reason for trampling rights and the data doesn't support it.

two doctors being interviewed by about 5 experts in the media who argued every which way from sunday to trip them up or cast doubt on what they where saying.

Big Ken
04-27-2020, 06:35 PM
They also said by being forced into sheltering in place it causes increases in rape, suicide, depression and more, they also said the government doesn't have
the power or right to break the constitution by forcing us to stay in our homes, these guys are the doctors Trump needs standing nest to him in those daily
briefings, they said they respect Fauci but he hasn't seen a patient in 20 plus years!

My opinion:
Fauci, Gates and Soros are friends, this is a fact, nothing good can come of this, Fauci has the presidents ear, Soros wants to ruin the U.S. and Gates is
friends with China, he has interest in the bio lab there where the China Virus was created, he pushing/making a vaccine to cure the virus and there might
be some money to be made.

Big Ken
04-28-2020, 12:12 PM
Youtube took it down! that in it self tells you how credible it was.

juskom95
04-28-2020, 12:18 PM

Yeah, YouTube and FaceBook have been removing any/all content which is not in line with their COVID-19 talking points.

KnuteFartne
04-28-2020, 01:16 PM
They havent taken our latest show down yet but its probably only a matter of time.

https://youtu.be/ON6obEc-YWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON6obEc-YWY

MountainGirl
04-28-2020, 04:37 PM
They havent taken our latest show down yet but its probably only a matter of time.

Can it still be seen on your podcast hosting thingy - or are you guys only FB now?

Big Ken
04-29-2020, 12:01 AM

Here it is.

https://banned.video/watch?id=5ea4994ea881fd00808e95ad

TJC44
04-29-2020, 05:09 PM

Just so you know, Sas, your show is still up. I listened to it today.
:thumb:

Big Ken
05-02-2020, 09:45 AM
New Video

https://newtube.app/user/SacBookLover/aFHHieQ?fbclid=IwAR39x8Ly63fMMRF20IyEtbSnsUnT4bkRC S2y5nlfjzlaaN-AOGwMgVY1r-Y