PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus in Michigan

hawgrider
03-12-2020, 05:47 AM
Every Michigan public university suspends in-person classes due to coronavirus concern

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/every-michigan-public-university-suspends-in-person-classes-due-to-coronavirus-concern.html

8 things to know about coronavirus now that it’s in Michigan

https://www.mlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/8-things-to-know-about-coronavirus-now-that-its-in-michigan.html

Big Ken
03-12-2020, 07:35 AM
My daughter in law works for Beaumont Hospital as a lab tech, she takes the blood samples and diagnosis diseases such as cancers, the flu among others, she told us at dinner
last night they had meeting all day Tuesday about the " Chinese Coronavirus " and their plans, I ask how it came to be and I heard it was form the Chinese eating raw fish and
she said not true, it came from eating bats, I guess they eat bats over there and the markets and streets where they are sold the conditions are horrible and that's how it started.

RubberDuck
03-13-2020, 02:50 AM
In my back yard now Ingham county I kind of wish this was more like walking dead then I could shoot the zombies

Gambit
03-13-2020, 04:05 AM
they just shut down good amount of schools here in KY
now im stuck trying to help teach my little girl 8th grade sh*t for the next 4 weeks
f**K!!!!!!!!

hawgrider
03-13-2020, 04:14 AM
now im stuck trying to help teach my little girl 8th grade sh*t for the next 4 weeks
f**K!!!!!!!!

All k-12 in the state is closed here as of today.

Broncosfan
03-13-2020, 05:04 AM
We got the message here after school closings in Ohio about 5 minutes before the bus dropped the kids off. Daughter still has to go today but the granddaughters school already had the day scheduled off. Here in Ohio the governor didn't order the schools closed until Tuesday but most closed after today.

hawgrider
03-13-2020, 05:11 AM
We got the message here after school closings in Ohio about 5 minutes before the bus dropped the kids off. Daughter still has to go today but the granddaughters school already had the day scheduled off. Here in Ohio the governor didn't order the schools closed until Tuesday but most closed after today.

Is Ohio hyping it up like Meatchicken?

Broncosfan
03-13-2020, 05:21 AM
Is Ohio hyping it up like Meatchicken?

Yes its totally crazy. Had wife pick up a few things yesterday at Meijer and she said it was like Christmas except everyone was buying paper products.

hawgrider
03-13-2020, 05:24 AM
Yes its totally crazy. Had wife pick up a few things yesterday at Meijer and she said it was like Christmas except everyone was buying paper products.

Yup my wife says the stores are becoming battle grounds.

Prepared One
03-13-2020, 05:47 AM
In my back yard now Ingham county I kind of wish this was more like walking dead then I could shoot the zombies

No zombies yet, but if the sheeple keep going into panic mode we may get to shoot some dumbasses! :headbanger:

Broncosfan
03-13-2020, 05:56 AM
This is another reason I like living in the country. Most people in the cities don't know where there food comes from. The only know Walmart. Kroger, Meijer etc. I can really see this blowing up and the stealing and fighting over food and toilet paper begins. Only thing no food no use for toilet paper!

shootbrownelk
03-13-2020, 08:28 AM
f**K!!!!!!!!

I guess I dodged that teaching at home deal Gambit, my daughter is 52.

hawgrider
03-16-2020, 05:32 AM
Michigan coronavirus case count up to 53, including 1 child

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/michigan-confirms-20-more-coronavirus-cases-including-1-child.html

hawgrider
03-16-2020, 04:13 PM
" And just like that" all Mi. kids are now home schooled Lmao!

BucketBack
03-16-2020, 04:19 PM
Newaygo is a ghost town, "The Fermented Valley" no more

Dwight55
03-16-2020, 05:05 PM
In Ohio. . . . schools & universities closed for at least 3 weeks.

No meetings or gatherings above 50 people.

Restaurants only can do take out or drive thru.

Paper products, . . . beans, . . . rice, . . . and lots of the fruits (all in cans) are off the shelves.

Paper products are non-existent other than the price tag on the empty shelves.

Lunch meat is very low in places, . . . cheese too.

Churches were encouraged to "go on line".

Just got a sneaking hunch we are gonna see another baby boom just before Christmas.

May God bless,
Dwight

Innkeeper
03-16-2020, 06:49 PM
Just got this update now they are saying groups of 10 or more.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200316/64d7f56030852fa8a4077fdd5833c464.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

hawgrider
03-19-2020, 07:48 AM
Coronavirus in Michigan

3 /19/2020

Coronavirus has closed liquor stores in other states, but Michiganders will likely still have alcohol access

Alabama and Pennsylvania have closed liquor stores as states look to stop the spread of COVID-19, but the chair of the Michigan Liquor Control Commission says that has more to do with how alcohol sales are structured in those states.

Michigan and other states have shut down establishments like bars and restaurants to stop the virus -- which is mild for most but can be serious or fatal for some -- from spreading.

Alabama and Pennsylvania have closed liquor stores as states look to stop the spread of COVID-19, but the chair of the Michigan Liquor Control Commission says that has more to do with how alcohol sales are structured in those states.

Michigan and other states have shut down establishments like bars and restaurants to stop the virus -- which is mild for most but can be serious or fatal for some -- from spreading.
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/coronavirus-has-closed-liquor-stores-in-other-states-but-michiganders-will-likely-still-have-alcohol-access.html

RubberDuck
03-19-2020, 08:22 AM
Rumors of no alcohol sales spiked so I am good to go.

hawgrider
03-20-2020, 06:04 AM
Michigan confirmed coronavirus cases jump to 334 with increase of private testing

UPDATE: The state erroneously reported two confirmed cases, one in Genesee County and one in Isabella County, that have been since removed from the state database.

The number of people diagnosed with the coronavirus COVID-19 in Michigan dramatically increased with the inclusion of commercial and clinical lab results, reaching 334 on March 19.

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services reported 80 cases during its daily update on Wednesday, https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/michigan-coronavirus-cases-jump-to-336-with-increase-of-private-testing.html

RubberDuck
03-20-2020, 06:48 AM
I bet for every 100 positive test there is 500 positive untested

hawgrider
03-20-2020, 07:12 AM
I bet for every 100 positive test there is 500 positive untested

Absolutely! They are saying they don't want most people to even be tested just stay home and suck snot.