PDA

View Full Version : To the Mods --

Ricekila
03-17-2020, 08:04 AM
Would it be worth it to create separate sections state by state or just a Coronavirus section ?

And --

Wifey & I went to Stop & Pee to get stuff @ 07:30 -- she did a little better that at 10AM the other day --

Sitting in the car I had on 1010-WINS --

"Stop and Shop in order to help our senior citizens will now only let older shoppers in starting at 06:00 to 07:30 "

So we're going back tomorrow morning --

Innkeeper
03-17-2020, 08:10 AM
That is nice, gives the older people a chance to shop without being run over by all the idiots.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ricekila
03-17-2020, 08:17 AM
Of course there will be some college puke standing at the door at 6:AM crying --

"But my grandmother in the iron lung needs her budweiser" ! -- ( sniff - sniff )

TJC44
03-17-2020, 08:45 AM
We do have several running threads about it, covering different aspects of it, shortages, restrictions, memes,... Do we want to create a separate forum area to contain it?

Opinions, All? This is your board, we will accommodate as long as the Boss is agreeable.

Not sure about the state by state, we are pretty spread out.

Ricekila
03-17-2020, 08:53 AM
Just a thought -- https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Smillies/.highres/4ff73493.gif (https://app.photobucket.com/u/RICEKILA/p/f313236e-1f2a-4c2d-813a-6f127c57942a)

Poll ?

hawgrider
03-17-2020, 05:10 PM
Well... If I get stuck with the job.

I would when I have time because its chaos at work right and out of work could add posibly a sub section near the tinfoil hat area? Or in the survival section? And then at some point I suppose if this blows out like it blew in and we decide we don't want that section we could dump all beer virus thread in tinfoil hat? Or the general section.

Inor? thoughts on my thoughts?

hawgrider
03-17-2020, 08:08 PM
I think maybe a beer virus sub forum in disaster preparedness section will work now that Ive thought about it more. I'll work on it asap.

I don't think we will hear from Inor right away seems he said he was getting some seat with his tractor.

Sparkyprep
03-17-2020, 08:23 PM
I don't care for a special "coronavirus" section. We already have sections for disaster preparedness, and I still think the "virus" will burn out in a few weeks, and soon be forgotten.

Inor
03-17-2020, 08:49 PM
I don't care for a special "coronavirus" section. We already have sections for disaster preparedness, and I still think the "virus" will burn out in a few weeks, and soon be forgotten.

I am kind of the same mind as Sparky. But if ya'll want a separate sub-section, We could do it. The problem is, any valuable info in that thread would be ignored once the crisis passes. JM2C.

Big Ken
03-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Can you do a temp Sticky?

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 04:17 AM
So how bout I move all the beer virus threads in the disaster preparedness section easy to find and then everybody happy happy happy.

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 04:18 AM
I am kind of the same mind as Sparky. But if ya'll want a separate sub-section, We could do it. The problem is, any valuable info in that thread would be ignored once the crisis passes. JM2C.

Didn't figure we see you for a few days. Tractor running well?

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 05:57 AM
I moved most everything I could find on the beer virus into the disaster preparedness section. if you find any stragglers please contact one of our moderators they need the practice and something to do while on a 14 day quarantine.

Inor
03-18-2020, 10:41 AM
Didn't figure we see you for a few days. Tractor running well?

Tractor is doing great! I have been taking my Covcation time to get caught up on stuff around M.T. Acres that needs to get done but I just did not have the time to dedicate while traveling so much. I took a few days and did some upgrades to my computer that needed to be done for the last 2 years. I think I finally have all the bugs worked out of that. Also spending a lot of time working on the forms for the concrete garden panels. If the weather cooperates, I think I will be doing the first concrete pour in the new forms tomorrow. Expect pictures.

All in all, Coronavirus has been a good time for a much needed break for Mrs Inor and me.

How are you all spending your Covcation (if you are getting one)?

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 11:57 AM
Tractor is doing great! I have been taking my Covcation time to get caught up on stuff around M.T. Acres that needs to get done but I just did not have the time to dedicate while traveling so much. I took a few days and did some upgrades to my computer that needed to be done for the last 2 years. I think I finally have all the bugs worked out of that. Also spending a lot of time working on the forms for the concrete garden panels. If the weather cooperates, I think I will be doing the first concrete pour in the new forms tomorrow. Expect pictures.

All in all, Coronavirus has been a good time for a much needed break for Mrs Inor and me.

I am still working but treading very carefully. Its been full blown chaos at work and in around town.

TJC44
03-18-2020, 12:45 PM
I moved most everything I could find on the beer virus into the disaster preparedness section. if you find any stragglers please contact one of our moderators they need the practice and something to do while on a 14 day quarantine.

The Moderators are still working. It sounds like its the Administrators that are getting time off.
Unless someone here (or a family member) tests positive, we will stay open.
If the above happens, the company will shut the facility for a "deep clean". We have a few people working from home already.

BucketBack
03-18-2020, 04:54 PM
Would it be worth it to create separate sections state by state or just a Coronavirus section ?

And --

Wifey & I went to Stop & Pee to get stuff @ 07:30 -- she did a little better that at 10AM the other day --

Sitting in the car I had on 1010-WINS --

"Stop and Shop in order to help our senior citizens will now only let older shoppers in starting at 06:00 to 07:30 "

So we're going back tomorrow morning --

I have to be at work during the early slot

BucketBack
03-18-2020, 04:56 PM

I'm working 10 hours @ day, stopping by for beer or food on the way home like always.

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 07:47 PM
The Moderators are still working. It sounds like its the Administrators that are getting time off.
Unless someone here (or a family member) tests positive, we will stay open.
If the above happens, the company will shut the facility for a "deep clean". We have a few people working from home already.

Not this one.

But its changing by the minute. One of the afternoon custodians may be exposed. 3 days for test results then the assholes may close the buildings.
MFers are trying to kill me!!!!

Sparkyprep
03-18-2020, 08:20 PM
Keeping the lights on. 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Can you imagine how these psychos would act if the lights went out?

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 08:23 PM
Keeping the lights on. 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Can you imagine how these psychos would act if the lights went out?

I shit you not we lost power tonight and the bank Atm was not working and my daughter could not get the gas pumps to work with her card. Power is back just now but a big section went down with no wind no storm a tiny bit of rain. It was not looking good at all.

Broncosfan
03-18-2020, 08:31 PM
I shit you not we lost power tonight and the bank Atm was not working and my daughter could not get the gas pumps to work with her card. Power is back just now but a big section went down with no wind no storm a tiny bit of rain. It was not looking good at all.

I'm no computer wiz but I was wondering if the internet could hold up to all the kids online as well as everyone working from home now. That would be a disaster!

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 08:33 PM
I'm no computer wiz but I was wondering if the internet could hold up to all the kids online as well as everyone working from home now. That would be a disaster!

Yeah there goes communication. Maybe I do need a ham radio

Ricekila
03-18-2020, 08:33 PM

Where are your filled gas cans ?

Broncosfan
03-18-2020, 08:34 PM
Yeah there goes communication. Maybe I do need a ham radio

along with banking everything nowadays needs the internet. Talk about going into the dark ages quick

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 08:35 PM
Where are your filled gas cans ?

Mine are full but my daughter who lives behind me needed some for her generator as the stinkin power went out here at around 5 pm

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 08:37 PM
along with banking everything nowadays needs the internet. Talk about going into the dark ages quick

I don't keep any money in the bank. My payroll deposit hits the bank and we take it out since the grid blackout of 2003 I do not like being told I can't have my money period. I bury mine in my septic tank.

Ricekila
03-18-2020, 08:52 PM
mine are full but my daughter who lives behind me needed some for her generator as the stinkin power went out here at around 5 pm

p -- p -- p -- p -- p -- p

hawgrider
03-18-2020, 09:04 PM

Pee pee what? Lol

MountainGirl
03-18-2020, 09:27 PM

I am and it cant.
Lemme rephrase.
"Computer wiz" I aint.
BUT, late hubby & I designed/built infrastructure systems... and even with the advance light-speed technology, fiber, 5G etc, it will always be the case that the speed of anything is governed by the slowest 'component' in the path to the end-user - including the end-user's device - and I doubt many hard-wired PCs are hooked to fiber. Wireless? 5G might make 4G look like dial-up...but if the user doesn't have a 5G device then it wont matter. 3G and 4G are on different wave-lengths (3G is being phased out by the big TelComs) and both are still constrained by bandwidth availability.

THAT SAID: Isn't this just a wonderful opportunity for the Government to step in and upgrade EVERYONE! to the highest speeds so they can monitor.. oops, I mean so that WE can fully utilize all the wonderful things that are out there online! (Telehealth, telelearning, etc...) We never have to unplug!! Pfffft.

MountainGirl
03-18-2020, 09:31 PM

Pee pee what? Lol

LOL that's the sound our gen makes as it's running out of gas. :)

Ricekila
03-18-2020, 11:19 PM
Pee pee what? Lol

Prior -- Planning -- Prevents -- Piss -- Poor -- Performance

My pappy pounded that into me --

Big Ken
03-19-2020, 06:57 AM

Where I work we always use.

Why does a mistake on your end make it a emergency on my end?

hawgrider
03-19-2020, 07:28 AM

Yeah well shit happens they were a wee bit low. Restocking as they can.