PDA

View Full Version : And For My Next Trick....

Back Pack Hack
03-17-2020, 10:15 AM
.... I'm experimenting with repackaging the ReadyHour meals I got last week into smaller, single-serving packages.

Once I had the measurements figured out (how much meal material and how much water), I entered that into an Excel spreadsheet and used the copy/paste function to make 25 instructions per 8½x11 sheet of paper. Cut with scissors and attach with clear packing tape. I didn't want to use self-adhesive labels as moisture would make the ink run and I might end up making the directions unreadable.

I start with a 10x16 mylar bag, cut it into four 5x8's and seal the long cut end. Then attach the instructions, pour in the food, apply a light vacuum and seal.

I'm not planning on doing this for long-term storage. I'll leave them in the original packaging for that. This is more for use during camping & backpacking trips.

hawgrider
03-17-2020, 04:56 PM
How does that brand chili mac compare to mountain house as far as taste?

BucketBack
03-17-2020, 05:03 PM
I know the USGI Chili Mac wood keep me going all day

RubberDuck
03-17-2020, 05:38 PM
I know the USGI Chili Mac wood keep me going all dayThat is one of the MREs in the case I picked up. Wish I had kept up on dehydrating my own meals but it went on the back burner

Back Pack Hack
03-17-2020, 07:16 PM
How does that brand chili mac compare to mountain house as far as taste?

Never tried the Mountain Outhouse one.

hawgrider
03-17-2020, 07:36 PM
Never tried the Mountain Outhouse one.

The Mountain house taste sets the standard for me they are very tasty especially beef stew and chili mac.

Innkeeper
03-17-2020, 10:18 PM
I know the USGI Chili Mac wood keep me going all dayThe gi chilli mac is excellent one of the best mre's. Imo

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk