PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for goats

KnuteFartne
03-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Making a goat sleeping area. Noting fancy. Just have to finish the swinging wall. Made for cleaning the area out when needed.

They're Nigerian dwarf goats.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200321/0076188e585bc65c9a4d8965a5e7e590.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200321/6fc01f77624410f927d0a80f8cc6bf5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hawgrider
03-20-2020, 09:01 PM
Gave up on the tractor so you bought goats instead lol
Yeah they will cut your grass and eat everything else too hahaha

You shoulda got the fainting goats fun to be had right there.

KnuteFartne
03-20-2020, 09:39 PM
This type is more of a pet than anything. They dont really eat everything. They're not good for much but I'll tell you what, push comes to shove, I'll eat 'em.

Inor
03-20-2020, 11:32 PM
Mrs Inor was talking about getting some of those for milk. She did some research and apparently they give about a quart per day, per goat. I told her it was goats or donkeys, but not both. Since donkeys are even more useless, we now have those.

KnuteFartne
03-21-2020, 12:56 AM
Mrs Inor was talking about getting some of those for milk. She did some research and apparently they give about a quart per day, per goat. I told her it was goats or donkeys, but not both. Since donkeys are even more useless, we now have those.I'll take comfort in that. HN and the kids talked about getting goats and I agreed we could discuss it. Next thing I knew the goats were on there way.

Inor
03-21-2020, 12:59 AM
I'll take comfort in that. HN and the kids talked about getting goats and I agreed we could discuss it. Next thing I knew the goats were on there way.

Welcome to married life!

My line with Mrs Inor was something to the effect of: "I won't help you get a donkey, but if one showed up I won't divorce you over it either." So now we have two... Go figure.

Sasquatch
03-21-2020, 01:24 AM
Welcome to married life!

My line with Mrs Inor was something to the effect of: "I won't help you get a donkey, but if one showed up I won't divorce you over it either." So now we have two... Go figure.

I already told HN her and kids get some goats, I get a new gun. They got two goats so I suppose I get two guns.

Gambit
03-21-2020, 01:29 AM
would you have a anti-arab alarm for the goats?
#StopGoatRapist

Inor
03-21-2020, 01:50 AM
I already told HN her and kids get some goats, I get a new gun. They got two goats so I suppose I get two guns.

You are in the honeymoon period. Take full advantage of it!

Slippy
03-21-2020, 06:28 AM
AWESOME PLAN Sas my boy!

Not to be a downer but I suspect you have coyotes and perhaps large predatory cats nearby? Get you a good plan to keep the goats safe.

I suspect walking outside on a beautiful sun kissed morning with the family to feed and milk the goats only to find their entrails been devoured by a bobcat or a couple of coyotes will not make for the perfect Hallmark moment...

A Watchman
03-21-2020, 08:31 AM
Goats? Good Lord.

I will stand with you in prayer!

Dwight55
03-21-2020, 08:43 AM
Next to walking into a hovel filled with turbaned rag head sand people, . . . I can think of only one thing more disgustingly smelly: a goat habitat.

Best wishes, . . . enjoy your olfactory experiences of the next few weeks, . . . by summer, . . . they will be burned out.

May God bless,
Dwight

MountainGirl
03-21-2020, 09:39 AM
This type is more of a pet than anything. They dont really eat everything. They're not good for much but I'll tell you what, push comes to shove, I'll eat 'em.

Let us know how the milking goes. :)

Inor
03-21-2020, 10:32 AM
Let us know how the milking goes. :)

Don't try to milk male goats. The goats will love it but it won't turn out well at all!

Gambit
03-21-2020, 10:34 AM
Don't try to milk male goats. The goats will love it but it won't turn out well at all!

I was going to say something and you beat me to it

Baglady
03-21-2020, 01:52 PM
I hate goats. They are good on a spit tho. Loved the Gyros from the Greek place I used to go to in Germany.
Goat babies are adorable. Billy goats are disgusting and mean.
Have fun!

Sasquatch
03-22-2020, 04:00 AM
You are in the honeymoon period. Take full advantage of it!

Honeymoon smoneymoon! The Squatch can not be tamed. I do what I want when I want.

Please don't screenshot this post and show it to me in 10 years.

AWESOME PLAN Sas my boy!

Not to be a downer but I suspect you have coyotes and perhaps large predatory cats nearby? Get you a good plan to keep the goats safe.

I suspect walking outside on a beautiful sun kissed morning with the family to feed and milk the goats only to find their entrails been devoured by a bobcat or a couple of coyotes will not make for the perfect Hallmark moment...

Always good advice Slip but yes I do have it taken care of. They'll be sleeping in a predator proof barn at night and any time we are not at home. Other than that Mr. 357 will regulate if need be.

Innkeeper
03-22-2020, 08:58 AM
Honeymoon smoneymoon! The Squatch can not be tamed. I do what I want when I want.

So is this a "Nursey" approved post?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Coastie dad
03-22-2020, 10:35 AM
Nigerian dwarf goats are a combination purpose goat. Milk and meat. They make good pets, especially if they were bottle babies. Run them on grass, hay, and water.
We're down to a dozen for the winter, but the billy is working on this year's production.
These are some of the young ones.

And chickens. You need chickens.

Sasquatch
03-22-2020, 06:45 PM
Nigerian dwarf goats are a combination purpose goat. Milk and meat. They make good pets, especially if they were bottle babies. Run them on grass, hay, and water.
We're down to a dozen for the winter, but the billy is working on this year's production.
These are some of the young ones.

And chickens. You need chickens.

Chickens are next.

OSFG
03-22-2020, 10:37 PM
Goat taste so bad....I'd rather herd ****ing carp..... so damn greasy its like milking the jerry curls off an 90's pop star....flavor tastes like raw tobacco stems, soaked in hair spray and goat feces....i'd rather eat a squirrel or a duck.....ask any middle eatern guy....goats are just for ****n.

Coastie dad
03-23-2020, 08:36 AM
Nah. The ragheads dont know how to cook goat. Their idea of tenderizing is f ucking them often and hard, then marinate in their own jizz.
It takes a good young goat, not the worn out sex slaves the muzzies use to taste good.

KnuteFartne
03-26-2020, 03:05 PM
Goats are here. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200326/8a84fead952b8ca1c3cba606f8a8e616.jpg

MountainGirl
03-26-2020, 03:11 PM
Cuties!!
And your life will never be the same.
Have fun!!

Inor
03-26-2020, 03:27 PM
Keep the dog away from the goats! The dog will teach the goats bad habits!

Our stupid little puppies have taught one of the donkies how to dig! The pups are bad enough digging holes that are a foot or two deep. Do you have any idea how much dirt a damn donkey can move when she puts her mind to it!?!?! It's NOT pretty!

Sasquatch
03-27-2020, 01:35 AM
Yeah, that was the first day. The goat head butted the dog and that little turd took off running scared. The only bad thin, so far, is he is peeing on everything outside because I think he thinks they are other dogs.

Coastie dad
03-28-2020, 09:42 AM
Ya got weanlings!

:jester:

Note: goats will teach the dog bad tricks.