PDA

View Full Version : In the minds of sheep

MountainGirl
03-23-2020, 01:44 PM
So...when it sinks in to these dimwits that the lockdowns are going to last for months...

Do you think panic runs will start for food?
What else will the sheep think they need?
Bank runs maybe?

Any guesses?

fwiw..overnight talk radio (right & left) are now sayin this crisis will last 12-18 months.

juskom95
03-23-2020, 02:21 PM
WebCams.

I was on reddit last week and that was one item that stores locally were selling out of. Expect this to be an item that starts to be hard to find, especially as companies move towards telecommute work and telehealth starts to expand.

Sparkyprep
03-23-2020, 05:20 PM
Panic runs on food have already begun

OSFG
03-23-2020, 05:24 PM
I'm just trying to get house calls from the local prostitutes....I got toilet paper and sandwiches......

MountainGirl
03-23-2020, 06:50 PM
Panic runs on food have already begun

To the degree of the great TP Panic of 2020?
Haven't seen any news/vids on it yet, but if it's just starting...

TJC44
03-23-2020, 06:55 PM
I'm just trying to get house calls from the local prostitutes....I got toilet paper and sandwiches......

It's just not worth it when you have to maintain 6 feet of separation. :girldancer:

MountainGirl
03-23-2020, 07:00 PM
It's just not worth it when you have to maintain 6 feet of separation. :girldancer:

Unless you're usin a can of wasp spray.
:bounce:

Sparkyprep
03-23-2020, 07:00 PM
To the degree of the great TP Panic of 2020?
Haven't seen any news/vids on it yet, but if it's just starting...

TP cleaned out. Canned goods cleaned out. All the usual stuff. Strange thing is, they are only clearing out non-perishable goods, like the power is going to go out.

Broncosfan
03-23-2020, 07:07 PM
So...when it sinks in to these dimwits that the lockdowns are going to last for months...

Do you think panic runs will start for food?
What else will the sheep think they need?
Bank runs maybe?

Any guesses?

fwiw..overnight talk radio (right & left) are now sayin this crisis will last 12-18 months.

I talked t a banker friend and he told me a couple of weeks ago that they were limiting large cash withdrawals so I assume that is continuing. I do think the worse of this is still to come

Sparkyprep
03-23-2020, 07:45 PM
I talked t a banker friend and he told me a couple of weeks ago that they were limiting large cash withdrawals so I assume that is continuing. I do think the worse of this is still to come

Exactly why I keep a few thousand in cash on hand.

TJC44
03-23-2020, 08:19 PM
Unless you're usin a can of wasp spray.
:bounce:

On a prostitute?
I would hope OSFG would get one that didn't need wasp spray.
Man, that's harsh!

Broncosfan
03-23-2020, 08:20 PM
Exactly why I keep a few thousand in cash on hand.

I cannot say that I do that but I always have some spare cash just in case. I don't worry about it too much as I don't plan to spend any cash. We have all of the essentials we would need. I might go out later in the week for a milk run and a few odds and ends but its not necessary as we're always stocked up. I'm a little more aware of my surroundings now no matter where I am. If the security lights come on now I check the cameras or I actually look outside. I think you will start to see some stealing starting soon. Mostly just grab and run stuff becasue they know the sheriff won't come out for minor things. Anyways we're prepared as I think most are that are on this forum.

MountainGirl
03-23-2020, 09:25 PM
On a prostitute?
I would hope OSFG would get one that didn't need wasp spray.
Man, that's harsh!

Well...they tickle when they crawl on you but man you gotta watch out for those stingers!

Inor
03-23-2020, 09:40 PM
I am thinking the food will start to come back on the shelves in the next week or two. More than half the population is living check to check. Even something like 40% of the people making over $150K per year are living check to check. With reduced hours and salaries (and soon to be layoffs), folks will not have money to buy huge amounts of food (or TP). It is the same reason I do not think there will be runs on the banks beyond what we have seen thus far.

What is really crazy here is when we go to a Dollar General (closer than a grocery store), they have pretty much everything except TP. But Wally World and the grocery store are completely gutted. I am told it is because the Trailer Hens (snowbirds) are going there and buying them out due to the fear that their stores wherever they came from will be empty. I am SO ready for the Trailer Hens to just go away! I know they keep our cost of living cheap and bring some jobs, but damn those people are a pain in the ass!!!

Broncosfan
03-23-2020, 09:46 PM
I am thinking the food will start to come back on the shelves in the next week or two. More than half the population is living check to check. Even something like 40% of the people making over $150K per year are living check to check. With reduced hours and salaries (and soon to be layoffs), folks will not have money to buy huge amounts of food (or TP). It is the same reason I do not think there will be runs on the banks beyond what we have seen thus far.

What is really crazy here is when we go to a Dollar General (closer than a grocery store), they have pretty much everything except TP. But Wally World and the grocery store are completely gutted. I am told it is because the Trailer Hens (snowbirds) are going there and buying them out due to the fear that their stores wherever they came from will be empty. I am SO ready for the Trailer Hens to just go away! I know they keep our cost of living cheap and bring some jobs, but damn those people are a pain in the ass!!!

I read somewhere that the Tyson CEO said that they were about a week away from getting things back to normal. That was a day or so ago when I seen it.

TJC44
03-23-2020, 09:59 PM
Well...they tickle when they crawl on you but man you gotta watch out for those stingers!

Sooo, when was the last time YOU were stung by a prostitute?

Inquiring minds want to know!

MountainGirl
03-23-2020, 10:04 PM
I'm guessing there'll be a run near here tomorrow. Gov of WA just ordered lockdown to start immediately for residents, and business in 48hrs, and is for a minimum of 2 weeks.

MountainGirl
03-23-2020, 10:46 PM
Sooo, when was the last time YOU were stung by a prostitute?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Never. I can run fast :)

Sparkyprep
03-24-2020, 03:52 AM

I share your sentiment on snow birds.

juskom95
03-24-2020, 06:41 AM

That isn't something I had thought about. Most don't have the cash to bulk buy and didn't plan on it.

Maybe that'll mean some good deals on used guns in a few months?

Innkeeper
03-24-2020, 08:11 AM
TP cleaned out. Canned goods cleaned out. All the usual stuff. Strange thing is, they are only clearing out non-perishable goods, like the power is going to go out.I think because that is the only scenario they understand and none of them are smart enough to think outside the box.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

MountainGirl
03-24-2020, 09:34 AM
I think because that is the only scenario they understand and none of them are smart enough to think outside the box.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'd be buying a lot of non-perishable goods... if faced with the possibility of having no money to buy food with down the road.

Dwight55
03-24-2020, 09:51 AM
Week ago Saturday, . . . had to go get one thing I forgot, . . . toothpaste, . . . hit a local big Kroger store.

TP and all other paper products were either totally gone or seriously depleted.

All the canned goods that were on the 10 for $10 sale they like to have, . . . cleaned out, . . . gone.

Had to mosey down thru the booze aisle as the rest were too crowded, . . . was surprised to see no one stocking up. Figured it would be doing a land office business.

As long as mac and cheese, . . . tater chips, . . . frozen pizzas, . . . and anything one can "heat and eat" are still in the stores, . . . the savages and trailer trash will stay close in there. But it can all go sideways if an interruption comes to those basic necessary food groups.

May God bless,
Dwight

Ricekila
03-24-2020, 05:48 PM
You have teeth https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Smillies/.highres/banana097.gif (https://app.photobucket.com/u/RICEKILA/p/e9f91965-6a77-4337-a0ef-a67852dc33b2)

TJC44
03-24-2020, 07:30 PM
You have teeth https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/v667/RICEKILA/Smillies/.highres/banana097.gif (https://app.photobucket.com/u/RICEKILA/p/e9f91965-6a77-4337-a0ef-a67852dc33b2)

You don't need teeth to eat peeps.
Just saying.

Oh, wait, they don't make them anymore, I heard that somewhere.
:behindsofa: