PDA

View Full Version : What did old Saint Nick bring you this year!!!!

OSFG
12-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Santa hasn't made it to my house yet, but I'm waiting up for him. So when you get back on give us a run down of what you got from him and if you been naughty or just don't do that then give us a brief run down of your day.

I'm hoping for some 5.56 ammo and a good backwoods knife....but as most of you know, I have been a bad boy most of this year so I'm expecting a lot of coal. However I have a deal worked out with West Virginia to sell all my coal and buy me some 5.56mm and a good backwoods knife. I got years of coal saved up.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

OSFG

pheniox17
12-25-2014, 12:45 AM
Nothing extremely flash, we do more for the kids in my home (they got a android tab each... Will be the bob entertainment item for them... Providing no emp ;) )

Myself just lots of alcohol... Bundy rum, jimmy B beam and some James bogg beer, and a random red wine... :/

Inor
12-25-2014, 12:58 AM
My daughter and son-in-law got me a beer brewing kit. It is a REALLY basic beginner's kit - almost like a Heath Kit for beer. But it is something I have been wanting to try for a LONG time. I am looking forward to trying it. Unfortunately, it came with a catalog of a BUNCH of really expensive crap you can buy to brew bigger, better and faster. If the first two batches work out okay, I foresee significant expense in my future getting setup for Inor's Internet Beer Emporium. I'll let you all know my progress with it and the ordering, shipping and payment info shortly thereafter. WOO HOO!!!

Sparkyprep
12-25-2014, 03:48 AM
New cell phone. It's the first one I've ever had. New fishing pole.

1moretoy
12-25-2014, 03:53 AM
New leather recliner...get me up now, ha.

Sockpuppet
12-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Coal.

Arklatex
12-25-2014, 08:06 AM
2 mixed cases of my favorite beer: Great Divide brewing co. Most of them run around 10%! I also got a bottle of some top shelf whiskey. Got a Woolrich red flannel shirt and a pair of Levis. A camo watch cap. And a case trapper knife. I'm real happy with my stuff.

My wife got a new laptop, some nice $$$ boots she wanted a bottle of Estee lauder beautiful and a mixed gift set full of smell good girly things from the bath store in the mall.

Christmas with the in laws this afternoon.

hawgrider
12-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Santa brought me a hangover. That is all.

Infidel
12-25-2014, 09:32 AM
Got some books:
The Book of Camping & Woodcraft by Horace Kephart
Woodcraft & Camping by "Nessmuk"
American Sniper by Chris Kyle

I already have American Sniper but my youngest boy picked it out for me. I still haven't read it yet don't have much in the way of time these days, busy, busy, busy.

Got some snack type items too but the books are my favorite. You know what they say, knowledge is power.

-Infidel

OSFG
12-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Santa brought me a hangover. That is all.

Strange....me too. seems like Santa has learned of my coal for cash scheme and gave me this hangover instead. That danged guy does know everything!!!!!

OSFG
12-25-2014, 10:11 AM
But no worries...I checked the tree camera outside and I caught images of his reindeer...Im'ma sell them on ebay and get that 5.56 and knife.

hawgrider
12-25-2014, 10:15 AM
[
Strange....me too. seems like Santa has learned of my coal for cash scheme and gave me this hangover instead. That danged guy does know everything!!!!!
Never trust a fat guy with a beard! Wait a second....... that's what I look like. :blackeye:

jeff70
12-25-2014, 10:27 AM
My son got me a nice Bowie style knife, and my wife surprised me with the Volcano Cooker I had been eyeing at the prep store. :thumb: Now we are waiting for the grandkids to show up so the Spoiling can begin.!!!!!!!!!!!

OSFG
12-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Well I got a Gerber Tomahawk and several boxes of Ammo so at least my kids know what Dad likes. Santa was lame...My kids were great. Wife got jewelery, and other stuff (cause I was only joking when I said I was getting her a treadmill.....got her that for her birthday...lol) Kids got XBOX-1 and lacross gear, motorcycle helmets, etc. Good day.

Inor
12-25-2014, 01:43 PM
But know worries...I checked the tree camera outside and I caught images of his reindeer...Im'ma sell them on ebay and get that 5.56 and knife.

Are reindeer good to eat? You might do better whacking the reindeer and selling the meat on ebay.

Jeep
12-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Man, went to my buddies house to feed his animals, I did not see it it yesterday, A case of beer a card with a message and 60 bucks, and some home made treats, Its cold as can be snow is deep today. So a nice gift. Wife bought me a watch that I need to go to college to figure out

RWalls
12-25-2014, 02:14 PM
500 rounds of XM193!

hawgrider
12-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Are reindeer good to eat? You might do better whacking the reindeer and selling the meat on ebay.
Im in how much per pound.:eyebrows:

1moretoy
12-25-2014, 02:35 PM
Sounds like everyone really enjoyed themselves.

James m
12-25-2014, 03:12 PM
I just used my gift card on Walmart.com purchased a light coat because I can't do heavy coats while driving.

Does anyone know how to ship items to the store? That's what I wanted but I couldn't find an option. Thanks.

bigwheel
12-26-2014, 10:56 AM
My daughter and son-in-law got me a beer brewing kit. It is a REALLY basic beginner's kit - almost like a Heath Kit for beer. But it is something I have been wanting to try for a LONG time. I am looking forward to trying it. Unfortunately, it came with a catalog of a BUNCH of really expensive crap you can buy to brew bigger, better and faster. If the first two batches work out okay, I foresee significant expense in my future getting setup for Inor's Internet Beer Emporium. I'll let you all know my progress with it and the ordering, shipping and payment info shortly thereafter. WOO HOO!!!

Good score on that. Used to be in the beer making hobby and found it real enjoyable with a tasty end result. Guess I had the heath kit too because I never did bother on all the extras. I had a plastic fermenter and a bubbler airlock thing. I mostly stuck with the syrup kits which afer doing a bunch of research on the topic seems to give better beer than using dry ingredients. Did finally get sick of washing beer bottles and moved over to the Corny Keg set up for draft beer. That takes a bunch of pain out of the process. Have fun and kindly keeps us posted as your beer meister skills get cranked up.

http://www.cornykeg.com/store.asp?pid=29783

bigwheel
12-26-2014, 11:00 AM
I got a Ruger 10-22 with 4 X scope. Mossberg Maverick Security model .12 gauge pump and a new Kershaw knife. Santa was mighty nice.

Arklatex
12-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Well we setup the wife's new laptop last night and discovered a huge problem. Windows 8... after much fiddling and frustration we have decided to try to find a way to get windows 7 on it. 8 is just so weird and completely different from what we are used to.

James m
12-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Well we setup the wife's new laptop last night and discovered a huge problem. Windows 8... after much fiddling and frustration we have decided to try to find a way to get windows 7 on it. 8 is just so weird and completely different from what we are used to.
Do you miss the start menu?

Is it 8 or 8.1? Is it touch screen?

If its not touch screen there are programs that will bring back the start menu. BUT be careful! Some will install other stuff if you don't un check the box to install the search box.

I used ViStart but that was a while ago. There are now 15-20 different programs. I also recommend Malwarebytes anti malware to protect your new investment. Happy Holidays.

Arklatex
12-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Still learning about it but thanks for the tips James.

James m
12-26-2014, 11:26 AM
http://lee-soft.com/vistart/

The programmer's website.

I had the same issue when I first got windows 8.0

Jeep
12-26-2014, 02:57 PM
I got a nice watch, a pair of Binos that takes pictures and a case of beer lol

OSFG
12-26-2014, 03:19 PM

WHen my wife bought our two youngest Windows 8 laptops I later wanted to load Windows 7 too. Sadly they cannot be loaded with windows 7 because there are no drivers for these specific models and Microsoft says I have to stick with windows 8.

Inor
12-26-2014, 03:44 PM
WHen my wife bought our two youngest Windows 8 laptops I later wanted to load Windows 7 too. Sadly they cannot be loaded with windows 7 because there are no drivers for these specific models and Microsoft says I have to stick with windows 8.

Reformat the hard drive and load Linux on them. Windows blows! Even more so now that they have made .NET open source since all of the security holes will be right out in the open for everybody to see.

Infidel
12-26-2014, 03:57 PM
I got a Ruger 10-22 with 4 X scope. Mossberg Maverick Security model .12 gauge pump and a new Kershaw knife. Santa was mighty nice.

Yeah I guess he was. Santa never brings me guns, Guess I'm gonna have to talk to him about that.

-Infidel

James m
12-26-2014, 06:13 PM
If you wanted to load windows 7 you would have to find a full copy. The ones usually in the store are upgrade which means you have to have an old version of windows in the first place. Last time I saw a full windows 7 online it was $225.00

jeff70
12-26-2014, 07:01 PM
I installed start 8 to get my start menu Back, I went from xp to 8.1 and hated the damn thing, with a little web research and a couple of third party programs I am to the point I kinda like it.

Reptilicus
12-26-2014, 07:36 PM
The Mrs. got me a Surefire m952-V Weaponslight and 5 Magpul Gen 3, 25 rd. mags for the 7.62x51. A new Coleman Dual Fuel double mantle lantern from the kids. But the one I like best was from all the grandkids, they have been saving the money they get from my beer cans ( I save them for them) and bought some netting and come up with some old burlap bags! This I was proudly inform by them was so I could make another Ghuille suit like the one they have seen a picture of me in from years past which hangs in the hallway! That almost brought a tear to my eye, they sure seem to know their old grandpa!

bigwheel
12-26-2014, 11:10 PM

Well heck yeah Reindeer are yummy. Sister Sarah Palin eats them 3 times a day and twice on Sunday. That what keeps her looking so purty with nice legs and rational politics.

Inor
12-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Well heck yeah Reindeer are yummy. Sister Sarah Palin eats them 3 times a day and twice on Sunday. That what keeps her looking so purty with nice legs and rational politics.

Just for you my friend!

http://whysarahpalinissofreakingawesome.blogspot.com/

Okay, it is a discontinued blog, but it is still funny as hell even if you have read it before.

Arklatex
12-26-2014, 11:18 PM
I visited her place in Wasilla one time. The rumors are true. You CAN see Russia from her backyard!

bigwheel
12-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Yeah I guess he was. Santa never brings me guns, Guess I'm gonna have to talk to him about that.

-Infidel

Well my Little Bride apparently has some stroke with old Saint Nick. She axed me about 2 days prior to D Day what I wanted and I told her a Mini 14..so Santa shows up the .22 and the scatter gun. Wimmen are special huh?

bigwheel
12-27-2014, 01:15 AM
Just for you my friend!

http://whysarahpalinissofreakingawesome.blogspot.com/

Okay, it is a discontinued blog, but it is still funny as hell even if you have read it before.

Thanks for the link. Got it book marked.

Sparkyprep
12-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Late Christmas present. Bass Pro gift cards got me one of these.

Schrade SCHF9. I found one of the originals, with a carbon steel blade. Much better edge retention than the stainless blades.

1moretoy
12-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Yep...the carbon steel rocks! Congrats

Baglady
12-28-2014, 11:17 AM
I got a new scope and a laser light for my .22 rifle!! It's been raining non-stop for the last 3 days, so can't set the scope yet.