PDA

View Full Version : Beijing Fears COVID-19 Is Turning Point for China, Globalization

BucketBack
04-09-2020, 08:08 AM
By Michael Auslin
March 18, 2020
Beijing Fears COVID-19 Is Turning Point for China, Globalization
(Xie Huanchi/Xinhua via AP)

While the world fights the coronavirus pandemic, China is fighting a propaganda war. Beijing’s war aim is simple: shift away from China all blame for the outbreak, the botched initial response, and its early spread into the broader world. At stake is China’s global reputation, as well as the potential of a fundamental shift away from China for trade and manufacturing. Also at risk is the personal legacy of General Secretary Xi Jinping, who has staked his legitimacy on his technocratic competence.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/03/18/beijing_fears_covid-19_is_turning_point_for_china_globalization__14268 6.html

Dwight55
04-09-2020, 08:57 AM
An MOAB down his personal smokestack while he and his "cabinet" are having dinner together would be the beginning of decent reparations for what they have done to the world in the last year.

May God bless,
Dwight

juskom95
04-09-2020, 09:55 AM
I think this mess is going to hurt China's reputation as well as their exports, especially considering how horrible the COVID-19 tests they provided are performing, and the contamination of their PPE supplies.

BucketBack
04-09-2020, 10:00 AM
Let China manufacture rubber dogs and bring all the tech stuff back home

shootbrownelk
04-09-2020, 07:52 PM
Let China manufacture rubber dogs and bring all the tech stuff back home

I had to remove my thanks once so I could thank you twice BucketBack. Bring ALL our manufacturing back home, especially our drugs.

BucketBack
04-10-2020, 06:17 AM
I was going to say Rubber Ducks, but you know he's a kickboxer..

StratBastard
05-04-2020, 02:49 AM
Trump administration "turbocharging" an initiative to remove global industrial supply chains from China...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/trump-administration-pushing-to-rip-global-supply-chains-from-china-officials/ar-BB13yAOM?ocid=spartandhp