PDA

View Full Version : Are We Under Martial Law?

juskom95
04-09-2020, 01:52 PM
Myself and others have brought this up in a few other threads, and it bears serious thought and discussion.

We are seeing the government apply curfews, enforcing travel restrictions, searches without warrant/cause, stopping religious services . . . .

Worse, the news agencies are all cheerring this on and justifying the decisions.

Personally I do not think that the US can remain under lock-down like this past the end of the month, and even that is going to start to stress the fragile fabric of society. The dam is going to break.

KnuteFartne
04-09-2020, 02:03 PM
Agreed. I've been wondering when people would begin flipping the bird to these politicians are start living life again. Especially with the models being wrong and revised.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ricekila
04-09-2020, 02:08 PM
Marshall Law ? -- kinda -- close-ish --

But not really --

juskom95
04-09-2020, 02:15 PM
Agreed. I've been wondering when people would begin flipping the bird to these politicians are start living life again. Especially with the models being wrong and revised.

Our economy cannot last until the end of the month, there are already lines at food pantries and you have stores like WalMart who are going to restrict food purchases to what you need (announcement on Fox recently). 6.6 million people newly unemployed isn't a small number.

But not really --

Everywhere? Nope.
Some places? Yup.

Look at the areas of the country where police are pulling over vehicles and ticketing or "checking their papers." There are judges here in KY who placed ankle monitors on individuals to ensure they stay under quarantine. While I agree isn't quite here yet, it will be here very soon if things keep going this way.

Sarge7402
04-09-2020, 02:23 PM
First we are yet to be under martial law. That would put the military - not the civilian powers - in charge of day to day functions. Have we shredded the constitution. Yep, at least the first second and the third ammendments and very possibly the fourth fifth and sixth. Freedom of assembly - gone. Right to bear arms - Gone in a some places. Quarters seized from private individuals sure have.

And as far as treating a disease in with a reasonable medical protocol. Not even close. We're locking down the non sick with the sick.

Answer - The president should lock up his four key medical advisers Dr. F, Dr. B the surgeon general and charge them with crimes against humanity. Same goes for the Director of WHO, the Chinese Ambasador for starters.

Lastly he should charge every state and local governor, mayor with charges of violating the civil rights of 300 million Americans.

juskom95
04-09-2020, 02:34 PM
First we are yet to be under martial law. That would put the military - not the civilian powers - in charge of day to day functions. Have we shredded the constitution. Yep, at least the first second and the third ammendments and very possibly the fourth fifth and sixth. Freedom of assembly - gone. Right to bear arms - Gone in a some places. Quarters seized from private individuals sure have.
We have effectively lost. True the 'military,' isn't in control, but neither are the citizens.

And as far as treating a disease in with a reasonable medical protocol. Not even close. We're locking down the non sick with the sick.
Yeah. I'm still not convinced in the disease.

Answer - The president should lock up his four key medical advisers Dr. F, Dr. B the surgeon general and charge them with crimes against humanity. Same goes for the Director of WHO, the Chinese Ambasador for starters.
Nah. It is the mayors, governors and LEO's who are enforcing these laws who are the problem. While I don't think they should be in the briefings, his advisors have a purpose right now. As for the WHO . . . screw'em.

Lastly he should charge every state and local governor, mayor with charges of violating the civil rights of 300 million Americans.
Yeah. The bad part is, both the Democrats and Republicans are backing these infringements. Either this lock down lets up, or people are going to snap; that won't be good.

juskom95
04-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Besheer (Governor here in KY) just issued a new EO, banning more than one member of a household from entering a store at a time.

rstanek
04-09-2020, 03:28 PM
Social unrest is on the rise, Wisconsin just closed 42 State Parks because of unlawful assembly and vandalism......it’s getting close to SHTF....

BucketBack
04-09-2020, 04:00 PM
They is no Marshall
The exercise of government and control by military authorities over the civilian population of a designated territory.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Martial+Law

juskom95
04-09-2020, 04:08 PM
They is no Marshall
The exercise of government and control by military authorities over the civilian population of a designated territory.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Martial+Law

HA HA, I fixed the title.

rstanek
04-09-2020, 04:41 PM
So far there is justification for the restrictions on our civic rights, so it seems, and how long will it be until ALL restrictions are lifted, if ever. The liberal left is loving this for this is their vision of the future for the American people, keep us dependent on the government and restrictions on our freedoms, equals control ......Some states and county’s are already trying to eliminate some of our constitutional rights “ 2nd Amendment”. Using Covid 19 as the reason, even though it has nothing to do with it......

juskom95
04-09-2020, 04:48 PM
So far there is justification for the restrictions on our civic rights, so it seems, and how long will it be until ALL restrictions are lifted, if ever.
Really?
-What risk is someone driving?
-What risk is a drive-in church service?
-What risk is there a family/sole person walking alone or adhering to the distance rules?
-What risk is there in someone purchasing firearms/ammunition?

The liberal left is loving this for this is their vision of the future for the American people, keep us dependent on the government and restrictions on our freedoms, equals control ......Some states and county’s are already trying to eliminate some of our constitutional rights “ 2nd Amendment”. Using Covid 19 as the reason, even though it has nothing to do with it......

Trying? Name a state which hasn't.

hawgrider
04-09-2020, 05:01 PM
Meatchickens Governor Witchmore just extended stay home read marshal law until April 30th. And this time the menopausal nutcase said no traveling between residences
which is a hit to people with cabins up north. Now ain't that the shit right there eh!

RubberDuck
04-09-2020, 05:22 PM
Bunch of bull shit I can't go up to take care of my Moms estate. We take all our supplies needed so we don't go to town I don't see a problem with it. Bullshit!

BucketBack
04-09-2020, 05:23 PM
Post hore grammar police have been out

eta, marshal, is not martial.

That sounds like marriage

hawgrider
04-09-2020, 06:41 PM
Bunch of bull shit I can't go up to take care of my Moms estate. We take all our supplies needed so we don't go to town I don't see a problem with it. Bullshit!

I believe the wording was unless extenuating circumstances.
So you might be able to.

juskom95
04-09-2020, 06:48 PM
I believe the wording was unless extenuating circumstances.
So you might be able to.

I think it matters on the mood of the officers who respond . . . .

Innkeeper
04-09-2020, 07:01 PM
Once you get past bay city I don't think the police will bother you much.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ricekila
04-09-2020, 07:14 PM
Like I said --

But not really --

MountainGirl
04-09-2020, 08:52 PM
Things are a little different up here... there is an active rebellion by the 'Liberty State' movement, and it's supported by some public officials, including a State Representative.

Bonner County (ID) Sheriff says the public is being misled by health officials, that Orders for Shelter in Place are Unconstitutional. A doctor (from somewhere) replied to the Sheriff's statement that he doubts the Sheriff would get the treatment he required if he comes down with it, and that treatment would be better going to a health worker. The Sheriff replied - This is why the public doesn't trust health officials - who say treatment would be denied to those with a differing opinion.

Links to all that ^^^ can be found in the story below:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/misguided-and-dangerous-bonner-county-health-care-workers-respond-to-sheriffs-stay-at-home-comments/ar-BB12lAlW

Heheh - we're ALL watching this one. :)

juskom95
04-09-2020, 08:59 PM
Things are a little different up here... there is an active rebellion by the 'Liberty State' movement, and it's supported by some public officials, including a State Representative.

Bonner County (ID) Sheriff says the public is being misled by health officials, that Orders for Shelter in Place are Unconstitutional. A doctor (from somewhere) replied to the Sheriff's statement that he doubts the Sheriff would get the treatment he required if he comes down with it, and that treatment would be better going to a health worker. The Sheriff replied - This is why the public doesn't trust health officials - who say treatment would be denied to those with a differing opinion.

Links to all that ^^^ can be found in the story below:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/misguided-and-dangerous-bonner-county-health-care-workers-respond-to-sheriffs-stay-at-home-comments/ar-BB12lAlW

Heheh - we're ALL watching this one. :)

I was skeptical until two things happened:

1: Police ticketing people at a drive-in worship session
2: Besheer limiting one household member to enter a store at a time.

This is going to be pushed to the breaking point, and we're a lot closer than the Politicians realize.

MountainGirl
04-09-2020, 09:04 PM
Here's the vid of the Idaho State Representative saying this is all Unconstitutional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6koy3ON1WfI&feature=emb_logo

juskom95
04-09-2020, 09:12 PM
Here's the vid of the Idaho State Representative saying this is all Unconstitutional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6koy3ON1WfI&feature=emb_logo

Yeah . . . but it doesn't matter, as sad as that is.

LEO's are enforcing these rules.

National Guard will be called in if this continues, LEO's are stretched thin in my area by fools calling 911 on people 'violating,' the quarantine rule.

WalMart (and other chain stores) are now imposing limits on what a person can purchase "to be fair."

The people that swore oaths are enjoying the power, they will push it until we all break.

MountainGirl
04-09-2020, 09:14 PM
I was skeptical until two things happened:

1: Police ticketing people at a drive-in worship session
2: Besheer limiting one household member to enter a store at a time.

This is going to be pushed to the breaking point, and we're a lot closer than the Politicians realize.

Yes, it is.

I am not discounting what is happening back east and Inslee (Wa gov) sings in that choir as well. The draconian measures you are experiencing will trigger blowback that will then require a strong response from Trump...and he better come out on the right side of things.

Here's a link to the Sheriff's statement.
Recall most Sheriff's in Eastern Washington are refusing to enforce anti-2A laws as well.
https://www.krem.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/bonner-co-sheriff-urges-governor-to-reconsider-stay-home-order/293-2c64dcff-34da-4109-9255-66b2502c553b

juskom95
04-09-2020, 09:18 PM
I am not discounting what is happening back east and Inslee (Wa gov) sings in that choir as well. The draconian measures you are experiencing will trigger blowback that will then require a strong response from Trump...and he better come out on the right side of things.
There is no right side if/when things erupt, that's the problem. End of the month would be pushing it to see our economy/society stay glued together, local regions fall apart faster than that when the disaster is limited to a specific region.

People will get fed up with this, and if we're lucky it will just be the ignorant fools who riot and cause damage.

If we're unlucky, it will be the ones who have the skills, patience and planning to cause real damage.

Here's a link to the Sheriff's statement.
Recall most Sheriff's in Eastern Washington are refusing to enforce anti-2A laws as well.
While I respect the words these Sheriffs say, none of them have actually been put to the test. They haven't been put in the position of defending their citizens; if you look at history, the Sheriffs have stepped aside and allowed state police to enforce these laws. Sure, they're not enforcing them, but they're allowing it to happen.

MountainGirl
04-09-2020, 09:29 PM
Yeah . . . but it doesn't matter, as sad as that is.

LEO's are enforcing these rules.

National Guard will be called in if this continues, LEO's are stretched thin in my area by fools calling 911 on people 'violating,' the quarantine rule.

WalMart (and other chain stores) are now imposing limits on what a person can purchase "to be fair."

The people that swore oaths are enjoying the power, they will push it until we all break.

LEOs out here are not enforcing it, and Spokane PD Chief informed Inslee on day one that they would not enforce it.
Like I said, it's very different out here.

Even so,
Tom says he's going fishing tomorrow. :fishing:
I should put bail money in my purse.
Guessing the charges would be:
Fishing with expired license
Trespassing (on closed State lake)
Violation of Gov's Public Health Order
Resisting Arrest
Assault on F&G Officer..

I'm gonna need a bigger purse.

juskom95
04-09-2020, 09:33 PM
LEOs out here are not enforcing it, and Spokane PD Chief informed Inslee on day one that they would not enforce it.
Have any of them actually been put on the spot? I'm not trying to argue, but to point out the actual behavior of most LEO's. There are some good ones out there, but for most when it comes to protecting their citizens from laws (not violence) at the cost of their own paycheck/freedom, they choose what works out better for them.

Even so,
Resisting Arrest
Assault on F&G Officer..

The wife is going grocery shopping tomorrow, and I'll be in the car outside, with a bag full of goodies in case the cretins here in town want to play games. LexMetro is not a good department, and I know they lean hard Left overall.

TJC44
04-09-2020, 09:42 PM

Even so,
Resisting Arrest
Assault on F&G Officer..

Should we start pooling bail money for you too?

MountainGirl
04-09-2020, 09:46 PM
Have any of them actually been put on the spot? I'm not trying to argue, but to point out the actual behavior of most LEO's. There are some good ones out there, but for most when it comes to protecting their citizens from laws (not violence) at the cost of their own paycheck/freedom, they choose what works out better for them.
Yep, and what works better for LEOs out here is to follow their Chief's orders. If he says 'don't enforce' that's exactly what they do.

The wife is going grocery shopping tomorrow, and I'll be in the car outside, with a bag full of goodies in case the cretins here in town want to play games. LexMetro is not a good department, and I know they lean hard Left overall.
Some public officials in Spokane lean left but for the most part, not hard and not yet.
We are not in Spokane's jurisdiction (city or county), so all still good way up here.
Our county seat & LEOs are hard Right. Doesn't mean we're not watching, though.

MountainGirl
04-09-2020, 09:48 PM
Should we start pooling bail money for you too?

LOL nah. I already told him no bail for self-induced games. :getdown:

juskom95
04-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Some public officials in Spokane lean left but for the most part, not hard and not yet.
We are not in Spokane's jurisdiction (city or county), so all still good way up here.
Our county seat & LEOs are hard Right. Doesn't mean we're not watching, though.

The only local LEO's I know who aren't far Left, aren't sworn officers any longer, and the local police are swamped from all I hear. They're not even responding to minor crimes at this point.

Sasquatch
04-10-2020, 01:14 AM
Besheer (Governor here in KY) just issued a new EO, banning more than one member of a household from entering a store at a time.

Gotta say I kinda agree with this. Not from the standpoint of the Governor issuing an EO but it should become store policy during this. My reasoning is I have gone to Lowe's/Home Depot and seen entire families wandering the aisles. During a time when people can get sick it would be smarter to have only one member of the family be out rather than all.

Inor
04-10-2020, 02:08 AM
The "rules" are already starting to slip here. Yes, the whole state is still on lockdown. But the local restaurants are starting to open for "take-out" but are setting up picnic tables outside. They call you to an open window to get your "take-out" order but serve it on real dishes with real silverware. Also, the mom and pop restaurants are also becoming secondary grocery stores for most locals. The normal grocery stores have been limiting how much you can buy, but if you go to one of the local restaurants, most will take your order for whatever you want and put it in with their order with no limits - including TP. As a bonus, even with the restaurant owner putting a markup on your order, it is still usually cheaper than Wally World. The only kicker is, you have to pay in cash and you do not get a receipt. (Exactly my kind of transaction anyway...)

BucketBack
04-10-2020, 06:05 AM
The "rules" are already starting to slip here. Yes, the whole state is still on lockdown. But the local restaurants are starting to open for "take-out" but are setting up picnic tables outside. They call you to an open window to get your "take-out" order but serve it on real dishes with real silverware. Also, the mom and pop restaurants are also becoming secondary grocery stores for most locals. The normal grocery stores have been limiting how much you can buy, but if you go to one of the local restaurants, most will take your order for whatever you want and put it in with their order with no limits - including TP. As a bonus, even with the restaurant owner putting a markup on your order, it is still usually cheaper than Wally World. The only kicker is, you have to pay in cash and you do not get a receipt. (Exactly my kind of transaction anyway...)

In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash.

Coastie dad
04-10-2020, 06:20 AM
Martial Law? No.

Attempted Tyrannical Rule? Yes, and gaining ground.

juskom95
04-10-2020, 06:48 AM
Gotta say I kinda agree with this. Not from the standpoint of the Governor issuing an EO but it should become store policy during this. My reasoning is I have gone to Lowe's/Home Depot and seen entire families wandering the aisles. During a time when people can get sick it would be smarter to have only one member of the family be out rather than all.

Sasquatch you just proved my point. We will allow Fascism to take over because of our fear. Scratch the surface of nearly every person and they are terrified of not having nanny government there to protect them. Your statement is proof of that.

juskom95
04-10-2020, 06:49 AM
Martial Law? No.

What's the functional difference?

hawgrider
04-10-2020, 07:50 AM
Check this out Meatchicken folks.

That extension now includes more language about traveling between multiple homes in Michigan. According to the order, which goes into effect at 11:59 p.m. tonight, travel is permitted:

“Between two residences in this state, through April 10, 2020. After that date, travel between two residences is not permitted
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/04/michiganders-cant-go-back-and-forth-to-vacation-homes-under-gov-whitmers-latest-stay-at-home-order.html

juskom95
04-10-2020, 08:11 AM
Check this out Meatchicken folks.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/04/michiganders-cant-go-back-and-forth-to-vacation-homes-under-gov-whitmers-latest-stay-at-home-order.html

Yeah, that's about safety . . . . .

hawgrider
04-10-2020, 08:35 AM
Yeah, that's about safety . . . . .

Lawsuits are coming!

juskom95
04-10-2020, 08:37 AM
Lawsuits are coming!

Courts aren't in session across most of the country to "avoid spreading the virus."

Perfect storm, isn't it? For anything to progress forward, lawyers have to request special or emergency sessions. Freaky, isn't it?

Coastie dad
04-10-2020, 12:30 PM

No tanks, PCs, or Humvees. Yet.

MountainGirl
04-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Meatchickens Governor Witchmore just extended stay home read marshal law until April 30th. And this time the menopausal nutcase said no traveling between residences
which is a hit to people with cabins up north. Now ain't that the shit right there eh!

Just heard on Rush radio channel she banned all advertising for non-essential products. WTF???

juskom95
04-10-2020, 12:54 PM

Give a month or two.

MountainGirl
04-10-2020, 01:02 PM
Martial Law? No.

And therein lies the real danger.

Martial Law would be out in the open, where citizens could rise against it.
Tyrannical Rule is enacted behind closed doors, drip at a time, against a herd of panicked sheep.

The former is dangerous; the latter is lethal.
Bring on the Tanks.
Let's get this done in an open manner.
More honor that way.

hawgrider
04-10-2020, 01:02 PM
Just heard on Rush radio channel she banned all advertising for non-essential products. WTF???

Dunno about that.. the Gardner White furnature store is still running ads.

MountainGirl
04-10-2020, 01:05 PM
Dunno about that.. the Gardner White furnature store is still running ads.

Dunno, that's just what they said.
Maybe it goes into effect tonight? Or, maybe she has a cousin in the furniture business. LOL

juskom95
04-10-2020, 01:08 PM
And therein lies the real danger.

Martial Law would be out in the open, where citizens could rise against it.
Tyrannical Rule is enacted behind closed doors, drip at a time, against a herd of panicked sheep.

The former is dangerous; the latter is lethal.
Bring on the Tanks.
Let's get this done in an open manner.
More honor that way.

That's kind of my point. From a functional difference, there really isn't one. We don't have active duty military in the streets with military vehicles, but we have police performing the same actions, with the support (and cheering) of the citizenry.

Besides, Tanks, APC, and HMMWV's are easy targets . . . .

MountainGirl
04-10-2020, 01:13 PM
That's kind of my point. From a functional difference, there really isn't one. We don't have active duty military in the streets with military vehicles, but we have police performing the same actions, with the support (and cheering) of the citizenry.

Besides, Tanks, APC, and HMMWV's are easy targets . . . .
Right. And I doubt there'd be any cheering of the tanks.
Question, cause I dont know.
Can Governors declare Martial Law? Mayors?
How is that power structure set up, and would a state's NG provide the enforcement?
Or would this all vary by State?
Thanks~

juskom95
04-10-2020, 01:32 PM
Right. And I doubt there'd be any cheering of the tanks.
There would be, and if they roll out, there will be. It is all about taking advantage of fear and people's emotions.

Question, cause I dont know.
Can Governors declare Martial Law? Mayors?
How is that power structure set up, and would a state's NG provide the enforcement?
Or would this all vary by State?
Thanks~
My understanding, and this is going to vary state by state, is that a Governor can declare a state of emergency and activate the National Guard. the state of emergency provides Governor with exceptional power, that is the whole reason why I started this topic. I'm not sure there is a state where a Governor hasn't made that declaration, and reading some of whey they are doing . . .no one is checking them on this madness.

MountainGirl
04-10-2020, 02:27 PM
There would be, and if they roll out, there will be. It is all about taking advantage of fear and people's emotions.

You may be right about that. Just watched the noon news on local TV out of Spokane. Lead story was about how a 'concerned citizen' turned in a north ID bar that was still serving drinks. LEO rep said they were required to check it out because it was reported; found the bartender thought it was okay to serve customers a drink while they waited for their take out order; no action taken. Unknown if bartender was told to cease, or if they would if they had been.
F'kn nazi snitch needs to get a life.

My understanding, and this is going to vary state by state, is that a Governor can declare a state of emergency and activate the National Guard. the state of emergency provides Governor with exceptional power, that is the whole reason why I started this topic. I'm not sure there is a state where a Governor hasn't made that declaration, and reading some of whey they are doing . . .no one is checking them on this madness.

No one checking them on this madness is the direct result imo of the media doing it's job: super-hyping, fear mongering, false reporting...i.e. trying to stay relevant. Pffft.

juskom95
04-10-2020, 02:38 PM
You may be right about that. Just watched the noon news on local TV out of Spokane. Lead story was about how a 'concerned citizen' turned in a north ID bar that was still serving drinks. LEO rep said they were required to check it out because it was reported; found the bartender thought it was okay to serve customers a drink while they waited for their take out order; no action taken. Unknown if bartender was told to cease, or if they would if they had been.
F'kn nazi snitch needs to get a life.
They're doing the same here. I was out at Lowes last weekend and there were two people out in the parking lot, calling the police on the local car wash. Keep in mind, this is one of those automated car washes where the cars just roll in and the machine does the rest.

There have also been 911 calls about it. Ridiculous.

No one checking them on this madness is the direct result imo of the media doing it's job: super-hyping, fear mongering, false reporting...i.e. trying to stay relevant. Pffft.
Part of that lies on the police/sheriff departments as well, and they're silent in most of the country. Sure, some are saying something, but very few (if any) are actually refusing to enforce these unConstitutional orders.

I hope I'm wrong, but people get stupid, fundamentally stupid, when they're afraid and right now the world is on the verge of full on panic.

Innkeeper
04-10-2020, 05:48 PM
So far I am still working but many of the stores in my district of the company have been shut down by local PD. I already told my boss I won't argue it with the PD because I won't jeopardize my CPL. I am sure locals in some areas have narc'd out the stores, but our locals have been happy to see us still working even if it is curbside delivery.

Sasquatch
04-10-2020, 06:24 PM
Sasquatch you just proved my point. We will allow Fascism to take over because of our fear. Scratch the surface of nearly every person and they are terrified of not having nanny government there to protect them. Your statement is proof of that.

That wasn't my statement at all. Maybe I worded it poorly. My point was stores can make any rules they want and if we don't like them we just don't shop there. The stores themselves should be setting these rules not the governement. That was my point.

juskom95
04-10-2020, 07:02 PM
So far I am still working but many of the stores in my district of the company have been shut down by local PD. I already told my boss I won't argue it with the PD because I won't jeopardize my CPL. I am sure locals in some areas have narc'd out the stores, but our locals have been happy to see us still working even if it is curbside delivery.

I think last I heard, there were around 30k calls to KY police about 'unlawful,' gatherings.

That wasn't my statement at all. Maybe I worded it poorly. My point was stores can make any rules they want and if we don't like them we just don't shop there. The stores themselves should be setting these rules not the governement. That was my point.

Fair point and I stand corrected.

BucketBack
04-10-2020, 07:43 PM
From the confines of Mom's Trailer, I see many unlawful gatherings daily.

Inor
04-10-2020, 10:21 PM

South Dakota has not made a formal declaration. I heard their governor on the radio yesterday and she was saying the things WE believe in - it is the people's responsibility to "distance" themselves if that is what they think is right. If not, go about your business.

Innkeeper
04-10-2020, 10:47 PM
I am kinda liking SD, shame they don't have any shoreline.

MountainGirl
04-10-2020, 11:03 PM
I am kinda liking SD, shame they don't have any shoreline.

South Dakota is beautiful; especially the southwestern part around the Black Hills. Eastern SoDak is like Iowa; fair farming if you're into that. A lot of full-time RV'ers use SD for their 'home base' because of the light gov touch.

Innkeeper
04-10-2020, 11:06 PM
South Dakota is beautiful; especially the southwestern part around the Black Hills. Eastern SoDak is like Iowa; fair farming if you're into that. A lot of full-time RV'ers use SD for their 'home base' because of the light gov touch.I have a couple good friends in SD, the one her aunt has a place up near the Black Hills it was beautiful there, on that you are correct.

StratBastard
04-10-2020, 11:15 PM

MountainGirl
04-10-2020, 11:20 PM

Given what that movie was about...yeah. :(

juskom95
04-11-2020, 09:03 PM
Another wonderful gem from KY

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear is receiving pushback from Republicans about his plan to record the license plate numbers of people who attend church services on Easter and have them quarantined afterward.

“Taking license plates at church? Quarantining someone for being Christian on Easter Sunday? Someone needs to take a step back here,” Sen. Rand Paul tweeted Friday night.

Beshear said Friday afternoon that Kentucky State Police troopers would be collecting the license plate information of people attending “mass gatherings” this weekend. He said local health departments would then notify those people that they need to quarantine at home for 14 days.

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article241941646.html#storylink=cpy

https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article241941646.html

Innkeeper
04-11-2020, 11:52 PM
What a putz.

MountainGirl
04-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Another wonderful gem from KY

https://www.kentucky.com/news/coronavirus/article241941646.html

Read that a judge put a restraining order to shut that insane idea down- cant find a link now, internet is slower than Inor's honey.

juskom95
04-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Read that a judge put a restraining order to shut that insane idea down- cant find a link now, internet is slower than Inor's honey.

I heard that as well, but I can't find "proof," of it.

MountainGirl
04-12-2020, 09:56 AM
I heard that as well, but I can't find "proof," of it.

Found the link, gonna read it now -

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kentucky-governor-warns-worshipers-not-congregate-easter-weekend-150300550--abc-news-topstories.html

Amid a fight in several places around the country to open churches on Easter despite novel coronavirus restrictions, a federal judge overruled Louisville, Kentucky, Mayor Greg Fischer's decision to ban all services, including drive-in church.
Judge Justin Walker, of the Western District of Kentucky, issued a temporary restraining order against the city of Louisville Saturday afternoon in a case filed by On Fire Christian Church.

juskom95
04-12-2020, 10:44 AM
Found the link, gonna read it now -

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kentucky-governor-warns-worshipers-not-congregate-easter-weekend-150300550--abc-news-topstories.html

Amid a fight in several places around the country to open churches on Easter despite novel coronavirus restrictions, a federal judge overruled Louisville, Kentucky, Mayor Greg Fischer's decision to ban all services, including drive-in church.
Judge Justin Walker, of the Western District of Kentucky, issued a temporary restraining order against the city of Louisville Saturday afternoon in a case filed by On Fire Christian Church.

That looks to be Louisville only though . . .

MountainGirl
04-12-2020, 10:53 AM
That looks to be Louisville only though . . .

Could be. It's all so fubar.
This whole thing needs to s'ht or get off the pot.

juskom95
04-12-2020, 11:15 AM
Could be. It's all so fubar.
This whole thing needs to s'ht or get off the pot.

One thing about this all though, we're seeing where the police and officials really stand, even the Republican or "Right," leaning ones.

Big Ken
04-12-2020, 03:24 PM