PDA

View Full Version : Chinese-Made Drones Are Monitoring Streets In 20 States

juskom95
04-20-2020, 02:57 PM
“The drones make it easier for police to see into certain areas where access by patrol cars is more difficult,” MSNBC reported. “That includes tight spaces between buildings, behind schools, and in backyards. Failure to comply could lead to a summons or a thousand dollar fine.”

“Authorities say the drones aren’t taking pictures or collecting evidence. It’s a high-tech warning against a deadly virus.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/this-is-crazy-chinese-made-drones-are-monitoring-streets-in-20-states-to-enforce-social-distancing-u-s-officials-are-concerned-about-spying

This used to be the stuff in dystopian novels and on fringe websites. Anyone think those drones are going to go away once the lockdown is lifted?

Sparkyprep
04-20-2020, 03:21 PM
Jesus Christ. This shit is getting out of control.

MoreAmmoOK
04-20-2020, 03:28 PM
Stupid... is reaching pandemic proportions.

hawgrider
04-20-2020, 03:37 PM
PULL!

juskom95
04-20-2020, 03:40 PM
PULL!

Those were my thoughts as well. Hit'em with birdshot and they're not going to fly too well.

That one officer talking about justifying spying on people in their backyards . . . .

hawgrider
04-20-2020, 03:57 PM
Those were my thoughts as well. Hit'em with birdshot and they're not going to fly too well.

That one officer talking about justifying spying on people in their backyards . . . .

I won't hesitate for even a second.

hag
04-20-2020, 04:04 PM

I noticed none in Kentucky yet but they will probably be here soon.... It is like living on the set of a mission impossible movie hahaha

juskom95
04-20-2020, 04:07 PM
I noticed none in Kentucky yet but they will probably be here soon.... It is like living on the set of a mission impossible movie hahaha

I think they know better, those drones wouldn't last long anywhere but Louisville.

MoreAmmoOK
04-20-2020, 04:47 PM
One hangin round my yard will get introduced to my "Skunk Gun"

Gambit
04-20-2020, 07:11 PM
I can see this being the next best redneck sport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0N9ods8Se4

Innkeeper
04-20-2020, 07:17 PM
Yeah I guarantee if the people where I am at see one around their property it will be skeet time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

juskom95
04-20-2020, 07:23 PM
Yeah I guarantee if the people where I am at see one around their property it will be skeet time.

Those things are pretty fragile, wing one of the blades and it will tip over, spinning to the ground.

I mean, if they're not recording anything, how would they know if it was shot down or the blades just broke? It happens on drones.

shootbrownelk
04-20-2020, 07:37 PM
Those things are pretty fragile, wing one of the blades and it will tip over, spinning to the ground.

I mean, if they're not recording anything, how would they know if it was shot down or the blades just broke? It happens on drones.

Everything built in China breaks prematurely. They put lead in all their products, so American citizens adding some lead to the drones should be A-OK.

TJC44
04-21-2020, 09:17 PM
I'm not worried about it myself.
I have no friends, so social distancing is easy.
Besides, a drone over my backyard would probably get sucked into the engine of an aircraft on Final approach flying over my house.

Inor
04-21-2020, 10:06 PM

Around here it would be a good excuse to jump on the four-wheeler and chase the thing back to its owners.

juskom95
04-22-2020, 06:34 AM
Around here it would be a good excuse to jump on the four-wheeler and chase the thing back to its owners.

Those things have significant range/time limitations, so using them in rural areas means someone is going to be nearby to retrieve them.

shootbrownelk
04-22-2020, 07:19 AM
If I see any around these parts I'll be able to try out my unfired Remington 20 gauge autoloader, or my unfired BPS 12 gauge.

hag
04-22-2020, 07:25 AM
Those things have significant range/time limitations, so using them in rural areas means someone is going to be nearby to retrieve them.

I wonder what the range is cause they might have to be on my property to operate over my house if it's not too big of a range.... or at least dangerously close and down a dead end road lolol

juskom95
04-22-2020, 08:15 AM
I wonder what the range is cause they might have to be on my property to operate over my house if it's not too big of a range.... or at least dangerously close and down a dead end road lolol

Here's a commercial drone used for video etc.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1297339-REG/dji_cp_sb_000308_matrice_600_pro.html/specs?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&lsft=BI%3A514&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7pTYsI786AIVhYbACh26gwJUEAYYBCAB EgJRLPD_BwE

It has a stated range of 3 miles, so figure an effective range slightly less than that and a run time of around 30 minutes. These things are fun, but they are very limited in run time and range.