PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

Piratesailor
06-13-2020, 01:38 PM
Texan joining up. Was invited by mountain girl and thought I’d check out the site.

Retired and enjoying life. Sailor, horseman, preppier and gentleman rancher (or I’d like to think so). Married with passel of kids and grandkids.

Usually try to stay out of trouble and I actually, sometimes, succeed.

Believe in the complete bill of rights and that 2A protects them all.

yeah, conservative by nature, tolerant of most, low bs threshold though.

Pirate

Gambit
06-13-2020, 01:40 PM
howdy from kiddie pool of shame

https://i.imgur.com/fucPI3a.jpg?1

hag
06-13-2020, 01:48 PM
Nice to meet you ol buddy

hawgrider
06-13-2020, 02:16 PM
Howdy grab a chair a sit a spell!
I'll flip the private PF sub-forum switch for you since I know of you.
Welcome aboard glad to have you.

Piratesailor
06-13-2020, 02:24 PM
Howdy grab a chair a sit a spell!
I'll flip the private PF sub-forum switch for you since I know of you.
Welcome aboard glad to have you.

Thanks for the welcome!

Great to see some familiar faces!!!

BucketBack
06-13-2020, 02:44 PM
Howdy there friend

MountainGirl
06-13-2020, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Great to see some familiar faces!!!

Glad you came over!

Two things to know:
You'll not be notified if/when someone clicks 'thanks' on your posts, and the @thing doesn't work here so you gotta quote someone to get their attention in a thread.

Great threads here, especially if you're into whiskey, guns & BBQ. :)

RubberDuck
06-13-2020, 04:25 PM
No ban hammer here

Piratesailor
06-13-2020, 04:57 PM
Glad you came over!

Two things to know:
You'll not be notified if/when someone clicks 'thanks' on your posts, and the @thing doesn't work here so you gotta quote someone to get their attention in a thread.

Great threads here, especially if you're into whiskey, guns & BBQ. :)

Ah.. thanks for the heads up on the way the site works. Good to know.

MG.. those are three magical words. Especially BBQ. Damn.. now I have to get some. Lol.

Piratesailor
06-13-2020, 04:58 PM
No ban hammer here

I’m glad they got that worked out. Sure did rile up a few people including me!!!!

Piratesailor
06-13-2020, 04:59 PM
Howdy there friend

Hey Buckets.. thanks! Looking forward to participating.

Guess I should have also said I’m into reloading.

Inor
06-13-2020, 05:18 PM
Hey Pirate! Welcome to the dark side!

Piratesailor
06-13-2020, 05:34 PM
Hey Pirate! Welcome to the dark side!

Hey.. thanks. Wish I had found this sooner..

Sparkyprep
06-13-2020, 05:47 PM
Welcome from South Florida

Innkeeper
06-13-2020, 06:26 PM
Welcome from the tip of the mitt in Michigan though I have been stationed in Texas a couple of times before I retired. Enjoyed my times hunting and fishing in Texas.
Hope you enjoy it here i came here from PF when this site started and love it, I only watch over at PF now and not all the time.

Great people here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Piratesailor
06-13-2020, 06:28 PM
Welcome from South Florida

Thanks.. lived in Boca during my “informative” years. LOL. Spring break taught me quite a bit.

Piratesailor
06-13-2020, 06:29 PM
Welcome from the tip of the mitt in Michigan though I have been stationed in Texas a couple of times before I retired. Enjoyed my times hunting and fishing in Texas.
Hope you enjoy it here i came here from PF when this site started and love it, I only watch over at PF now and not all the time.

Great people here.

Thank you Sir. Yes.. good people here and I recognize some of them. Indeed good hunting and fishing here.. and HOT although lately it’s been nice. Like more deep sea fishing but the shallow waters are teeming with good game fish.

Innkeeper
06-13-2020, 06:39 PM
Thank you Sir. Yes.. good people here and I recognize some of them. Indeed good hunting and fishing here.. and HOT although lately it’s been nice. Like more deep sea fishing but the shallow waters are teeming with good game fish.Mostly i fished for bass in central TX, always enjoyed eating what I caught.

hag
06-13-2020, 09:25 PM
I wanna visit the king ,Waggoner, 4 sixes, etc.... see where the ancestors of some of the greatest horses in the world came from

StratBastard
06-13-2020, 09:38 PM
Hello and welcome from Oregon.

Denton
06-13-2020, 11:40 PM
I’m glad they got that worked out. Sure did rile up a few people including me!!!!

Glad you are here!

Why did y'all get all riled up? Y'all know Annie, RPD and me! Did that look like us?

I crawled my sorry ass out of bed at 100hrs and hadn't even had my first cup of caffeine when I got hit with that crap. My Chrome Book crapped out at the same time (been nursing it along since the last time I flung it across the room while reading the news), tried using the phone but there was too much crap happening so I had to go get the podcasting laptop while grabbing the fresh brew. I think I got private messages from people who don't even post, wanting to know what the heck was happening. While I am responding, RPD is working his ass off, unbanning people. To make it worse for him, I had to go to work, today, so he was left to bring back threads until Cricket arrived on the scene. When she arrived, she placed her knee on Leon's neck. He's gone.
Then, Sasquatch showed up and asked what was going on. Figures. :setfire:

I blame me for that mess. I'd been meaning to request Leon's mod position be removed as he was worthless. He showed up on occasion to tell a few lies and then disappear. Those of us who were around since 2012 knows he was mod there when the place blew up. He was part of the problem because he didn't handle the problem. He is now gone because he is a problem.

If you don't trust me, trust RPD. While it seems that people think I run PF, RPD is the Old Man, there. I borrow his morals and character when I act. His are better than mine.

hawgrider
06-14-2020, 07:25 AM
Now now Denton I never figgered it was you and certainly not RPD and pretty darn sure it wasn't Jersey. I did suspect it was corporate well above y'all and above Cricket.

To many people banned at one time so it looked like an ethnic cleansing. Funny part was I wasn't even mad but I was really enjoying the shit show. Who da thunk the retard jumping Mod had gone rogue. Wow nobody saw that coming.

Piratesailor
06-14-2020, 08:26 AM
Denton,

I/we should have had more trust in you, Annie, RPD and the other mods and admins... sorry for that. At the time we all didn’t know what was happening and in todays instant society, we didn’t have instant answers.

Yeah, Leon was a jerk par excellence....good riddance F’tard.

So, glad you fixed it all and apologies for doubting you.

Now, with that said, personally, I was able to discover this great site and plan on enjoying this as well as PF!

Cheers....

Pirate

Prepared One
06-14-2020, 08:45 AM
Denton,

I/we should have had more trust in you, Annie, RPD and the other mods and admins... sorry for that. At the time we all didn’t know what was happening and in todays instant society, we didn’t have instant answers.

Yeah, Leon was a jerk par excellence....good riddance F’tard.

So, glad you fixed it all and apologies for doubting you.

Now, with that said, personally, I was able to discover this great site and plan on enjoying this as well as PF!

Cheers....

Pirate

Welcome aboard old friend. I was going to recommend this site to you when we talked and then things got all twisted up yesterday. I knew something was out of wack with all the bans, Well except that Hawg feller, I figure he deserved it some how, :bigthumbup: and I right away thought to myself "Leon". Something about him I never liked. But, like you I wanted answers. Kudos to RPD, Denton, and Cricket but if they wanted things fixed fast they should have brought Mish in. :eyebrows:

Now, did someone mention BBQ, Alcohol, and guns?

hawgrider
06-14-2020, 09:04 AM
We do BBQ ! :pig:

Piratesailor
06-14-2020, 09:19 AM
BBQ...bring on the BBQ. I’m already hungry and about to throw hay so I need the BBQ.

Or bacon.. I’ll take bacon too...

Damn, now I’m really hungry.

hawgrider
06-14-2020, 09:29 AM
BBQ...bring on the BBQ. I’m already hungry and about to throw hay so I need the BBQ.

Or bacon.. I’ll take bacon too...

Damn, now I’m really hungry.

We cure and smoke bacon here too. Check out the kill it and grill it section here.

Slippy
06-14-2020, 09:42 AM
Texan joining up. Was invited by mountain girl and thought I’d check out the site.

Retired and enjoying life. Sailor, horseman, preppier and gentleman rancher (or I’d like to think so). Married with passel of kids and grandkids.

Usually try to stay out of trouble and I actually, sometimes, succeed.

Believe in the complete bill of rights and that 2A protects them all.

yeah, conservative by nature, tolerant of most, low bs threshold though.

Pirate

Hey Goodbuddy! Arrrrgh!

MountainGirl
06-14-2020, 11:41 AM
Glad you are here!

Why did y'all get all riled up? Y'all know Annie, RPD and me! Did that look like us?

If you don't trust me, trust RPD. While it seems that people think I run PF, RPD is the Old Man, there. I borrow his morals and character when I act. His are better than mine.
Denton,

For me it was never a matter of trust. When I saw the list of who all was kicked out - I knew it wasn't any of you guys (Leon came to mind later) - because the main thing everyone on the list had in common is an intense stand towards patriotism, 2A, willingness and means to fight for liberty.

You asked elsewhere why we were so quick to jump on a 'conspiracy' theory. First, shame on you for labeling it that for us for thinking along those lines. It's not unreasonable in this climate to suspect forum owners of being under pressure, for a variety of reasons, and wanting to silence those of us who still stand. If anything, this little kerfuffle reminded us to always have options - and I for one am glad it brought some good folks over here. Like Piratesailor, and the nut-job Justy. :)

MoreAmmoOK
06-14-2020, 01:11 PM
Howdy from just a bit north of ya.

rice paddy daddy
06-17-2020, 09:40 PM
Welcome my friend.'
I think you'll like it here.