PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah 6:8 "(LORD) Here am I. Send ME!" But am I too "Common"?

Slippy
06-20-2020, 10:31 AM
I think about this verse often.

I also think about the Herb Brooks quote often; "Common Men go nowhere, you must be UNCOMMON".

Much of my life I raised my hand and said Send ME! Some I won, some I lost and some days it rained. I probably batted somewhere between .500 and .667 but I dang sure didn't win them all.

And sometimes I was a coward and backed up. Its those times I remember easily and they haunt me. The wins, I have to think about and sometimes I embellish them because they make for good bourbon story telling. So do the losses as I am not embarrased. I've taken ass kickings before and I like to tell young folks, its not how you WIN, its how you LOSE.

But the times that I slunk away from the fight or the job or the truth, well that bothers me and I shake it off with the excuse of me being just a common man.

In today's fight against GOOD EVIL RIGHT WRONG GOD SATAN who will be UNCOMMON? Who will raise their arm high to the LORD and say "Here Am I. SEND ME!"

hag
06-20-2020, 10:40 AM
I appreciate that attitude and way of thinking ol buddy!! You sir seem to have the fortitude of an uncommon man as well as being a top quality human being!

Dwight55
06-20-2020, 12:07 PM
I think about this verse often.

I also think about the Herb Brooks quote often; "Common Men go nowhere, you must be UNCOMMON".

Much of my life I raised my hand and said Send ME! Some I won, some I lost and some days it rained. I probably batted somewhere between .500 and .667 but I dang sure didn't win them all.

And sometimes I was a coward and backed up. Its those times I remember easily and they haunt me. The wins, I have to think about and sometimes I embellish them because they make for good bourbon story telling. So do the losses as I am not embarrased. I've taken ass kickings before and I like to tell young folks, its not how you WIN, its how you LOSE.

But the times that I slunk away from the fight or the job or the truth, well that bothers me and I shake it off with the excuse of me being just a common man.

In today's fight against GOOD EVIL RIGHT WRONG GOD SATAN who will be UNCOMMON? Who will raise their arm high to the LORD and say "Here Am I. SEND ME!"

That's an easy question to answer, Slippy, . . . the winners will. They may (as you and I both have) lose the scrimmage . . . lose that conflict . . . but they will WIN THE WAR.

The losers will have a seat alongside the "rich man" looking up at the winners . . . and only wishing they had made different choices, . . . meanwhile . . . we'll be having the "time of our eternal lives".

The scrimmage is not important . . . and most battles are not really important . . . it is the final count . . . the ending . . . THAT'S WHAT COUNTS.

May God bless,
Dwight

BucketBack
06-20-2020, 05:22 PM
I will be the boots on the ground for The Eternal

Inor
06-21-2020, 12:37 AM
Even uncommon men are not at 100%, 100% of the time. There are times when we just miss an opportunity because we are oblivious to it at the time. Other times, we do not recognize the importance of a possible action at the time. George Washington was one of the greatest spy-masters in all of American history, but he still put Benedict Arnold in charge of securing the fort at West Point. Shit happens.

Slippy
06-21-2020, 09:07 AM
Yes Sir!

I'm beginning to notice that more and more Uncommon Men are choosing their battles wiser than ever.

Some things are just not worth fighting over.

Even uncommon men are not at 100%, 100% of the time. There are times when we just miss an opportunity because we are oblivious to it at the time. Other times, we do not recognize the importance of a possible action at the time. George Washington was one of the greatest spy-masters in all of American history, but he still put Benedict Arnold in charge of securing the fort at West Point. Shit happens.

Prepared One
06-21-2020, 09:59 AM
Me pappy told me when I was just a twig of a boy that I will win some and loose some. Choose your battles wisely, you don't have time to fight them all. Always make sure which side your on before you decide to fight but never back down form one whose brought the fight to your doorstep. He also said to never be ashamed of loosing, for you are way ahead for having lost the fight then the guy who ran from it.

I have probably lost more fights then won when the tally sheet is reckoned, simply because in my youth I never listened to my Dad.