PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things To Stock Up on That No One Thinks About

hawgrider
12-30-2014, 08:57 PM
Something to think about-

I was in the US Army for quite a while, and one of the things we had in our supply room that a whole lot of people didn’t know about was

http://americanpreppersnetwork.com/2014/10/10-things-stock-one-thinks.html

James m
12-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Something that plays music. Either a small AM FM radio or iPod type.

Blank sheets of paper in an envelope. Possibly more than one envelope. Pen or pencil. Either to draw or actually write a letter. An old guy that I saw in a hospital once was always after paper and envelopes. Said he liked to send his wife letters.

hawgrider
12-30-2014, 09:47 PM

Blank sheets of paper in an envelope. Possibly more than one envelope. Pen or pencil. Either to draw or actually write a letter. An old guy that I saw in a hospital once was always after paper and envelopes. Said he liked to send his wife letters.Letters..... damn near extinct these days. Seems were living in the email dimension.

Bigdogbuc
12-30-2014, 09:53 PM

Blank sheets of paper in an envelope. Possibly more than one envelope. Pen or pencil. Either to draw or actually write a letter. An old guy that I saw in a hospital once was always after paper and envelopes. Said he liked to send his wife letters.

I keep 3x5 sheets of card stock and 4 pencils (like you use for golf or Yahtzee) in a ziploc bag. I figure I can use it to make maps, take notes, write my "If you're reading this I'm dead..." letter, or whatever tickles my fancy.

longrider
01-01-2015, 12:20 AM
I actually have a victrola with about 100 records. I figure that music will be a nice thing to have. And trust me, no-one wants to hear Longrider sing. :suicide: I'm also trying to teach myself to play the harmonica (a family tradition) with not much success. But I'm no quitter. I only practice at the farm.

Jeep
01-01-2015, 04:02 PM
I have about 600 3x5's on hand.

Jerry D Young
01-02-2015, 08:28 PM
I might have missed it, but I would add rodent/pest control items to the list. Mouse/rat traps, fly swatters

Reading glasses

Shoe laces
Safety pins
Sewing needles

Just a few off the top of my head.

Arklatex
01-02-2015, 08:31 PM
I might have missed it, but I would add rodent/pest control items to the list. Mouse/rat traps, fly swatters

Reading glasses

Shoe laces
Safety pins
Sewing needles

Just a few off the top of my head.
Those mousetraps could come in handy to a desperate and starving urban populace. Rodents will be everywhere post collapse.

James m
01-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Trap squirrels and chipmunks with a rat trap. Tie off the trap with some wire or something strong.

1moretoy
01-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Booze...it could serve two purposes. A sleep aid and disinfectant for wounds.

Jeep
01-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Well fly traps are defo on the list to stock up on, we live in cattle country, around August we get hit hard by them. I have 6-8 up and 300 flies dead a day. Now I understand why my wife stockpiles cleansers. Also without inside water we have experienced 3 times now in a month frozen pipes. Things get dirty quick.

Montana Rancher
01-03-2015, 10:52 PM
As the post origionally assumed you had beans, bullets, and bandaids I only found 2 things not listed

Playing cards

A cribbage board

With those things we are golden.