PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta-Dressed the part, ‘Panther’ group came straight from central casting

BucketBack
07-07-2020, 02:11 PM

It’s hard to stand out when you are in a sea of thousands of frustrated, sign-waving protesters. But in marches and demonstrations over the past week in Atlanta, Decatur and even Cumming, a small knot of charismatic young people kept getting photographed.

They said they were Black Panthers, and they looked the part with all-black attire and black berets adorned with a cat-head patch. Their leader was a tall, thin black woman armed with an assault rifle and a determined look. Photos of the group popped up in local news outlets, including The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, but also in the British tabloid press.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/AP_20155851809078-1536x1038.jpg

“Armed female Black Panther leads her comrades including a white recruit on a march through Georgia,” The Daily Mail wrote in an online story about the June 3 demonstration Decatur. The story featured several dramatic photos and embedded Instagram posts.

It is easy to see why the group attracted attention. In a moment of fury over police shootings of black people, the group was perfectly cast. Maybe too perfect.

The AJC reached out to members of the group, including Whitney Oni, the striking woman who drew so much attention. Oni, an Atlanta-based graphic designer and model, said the recent protests were not her first time taking to the streets.

“I started back with the Trayvon Martin case,” she said, referring to the 2012 shooting death of the Florida teenager by a neighborhood watch coordinator in a gated community.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/dressed-the-part-panther-group-came-straight-from-central-casting/OvNstDxfbzV9MbAtOW8mzO/

Gambit
07-07-2020, 02:38 PM
they are all 100% ******s and that white guy is just a hunky

all lives matter, but thugs don't

so **** everyone of those real racist ****s and if they hate America then they can go to Africa or better yet, they can do drown if the middle of the ocean

BucketBack
07-07-2020, 02:40 PM
fine print of article is june 11/20:ughh:

Dwight55
07-07-2020, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure I could extensively comment on that bunch without someone hollering racist at me.

Suffice to say I think the trash truck drive missed about 6 bags . . . needs to come back and try it again.

As for her being a model . . . what does she model . . . dust mops standing upside down??

May God bless,
Dwight

Innkeeper
07-07-2020, 09:37 PM
Wasn't the liberal press and liberal politicians worried about the presence of dangerous plastic firearms, those awful black guns?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Inor
07-07-2020, 10:40 PM
As for her being a model . . . what does she model . . . dust mops standing upside down??

Toilet brushes (used of course).

StratBastard
07-08-2020, 02:01 AM
Frag em' and tag em'. Next.

shootbrownelk
07-12-2020, 07:43 AM
If they're looking for a war with whitey they had better be ready for defeat. They're outgunned, and if Chicago's shootings are an example of their marksmanship they're screwed from the get-go.