PDA

View Full Version : Long Term Wilderness Bug Out Bag, My Opinion Maybe Satire ?

BucketBack
08-02-2020, 12:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bEC6Ve1HOo&feature=emb_logo

Back Pack Hack
08-02-2020, 01:01 PM
I gotta chuckle at those who think they're just going to strap on a backpack, head out into the woods and survive for months on end. Yes, there are people who can do that, but they're exceedingly few and far between.

Your average Joe Sixpack, even with a well-stocked backpack, will likely be dead in a week. Either by doing something stupid, or getting shot by one of the other millions who had the exact same idea: Go all-out Jeremiah Johnson.

Dwight55
08-02-2020, 01:28 PM
I gotta chuckle at those who think they're just going to strap on a backpack, head out into the woods and survive for months on end. Yes, there are people who can do that, but they're exceedingly few and far between.

Your average Joe Sixpack, even with a well-stocked backpack, will likely be dead in a week. Either by doing something stupid, or getting shot by one of the other millions who had the exact same idea: Go all-out Jeremiah Johnson.

I'm always amazed at some of the "in town" comments . . . I think some of them believe there is some wilderness form of Kroger . . . specializing in trout, venison, buffalo, blackberries, wild lettuce, . . . etc.

It lays between two mountain ranges . . . next to a natural spring where your bottles of "spring water" come from.

I've often wondered how many of them will resort to boiling poison ivy . . . it is so plentiful . . . wondering if it is edible.

Oh . . . well . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

BucketBack
08-02-2020, 02:30 PM
I knew BPH would be all over this :beerchug: