PDA

View Full Version : New feature Blows Chunks

hawgrider
01-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Ok so I banned RWalls and Sockpuppet because you know every thread the puppet does will have a hawg ban..... It will get to the point that nobody can respond to a thread........ Baaaad baad bad Idea in my opinion and its worth exactly what you paid for it. Change sucks That why The PF forum lost some good members.

Baglady
01-06-2015, 11:41 AM
So, RW said only the person starting the thread, and the Mods will be able to see who's banned in a thread, right?

I can see who you banned at the top of the thread...:gossip:

hawgrider
01-06-2015, 12:14 PM
So, RW said only the person starting the thread, and the Mods will be able to see who's banned in a thread, right?

I can see who you banned at the top of the thread...:gossip:Ha ha banned RWalls although it has no effect on him as a admin or mod LOL

Inor was here

Inor
01-06-2015, 12:20 PM
I feel so alone. I never get banned from threads. Oh well...

James m
01-06-2015, 12:21 PM
I wanted to start a thread and list all active members.

hawgrider
01-06-2015, 12:29 PM
I feel so alone. I never get banned from threads. Oh well...You too cool to ban !!

I wanted to start a thread and list all active members. That's funny right there !

1moretoy
01-06-2015, 12:31 PM
You too cool to ban !!

That's funny right there !

I thought Inor was banned. He has a banner and everything.

hawgrider
01-06-2015, 12:32 PM
I thought Inor was banned. He has a banner and everything.Well yeah now that you mentioned it....WTF!

Im just gonna thank everybody today hahaha

1moretoy
01-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Well yeah now that you mentioned it....WTF!

Knowing him...he banned himself:bounce:

hawgrider
01-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Knowing him...he banned himself:bounce:Figured so I think RWalls is banned too lol

Infidel
01-06-2015, 01:22 PM

That's the only good part of the feature. There's no hiding who you banned from other members. You can look at a thread and say (insert member's name) might have some input on this, wonder why he's banned from the thread.

I reiterate my earlier point, this feature will silence those with valuable information to add to threads based solely on who they are. We all have seen a few flame wars in our time and know how people can become bitter about it. No one around here holds a grudge right?

-Infidel

Sparkyprep
01-06-2015, 03:13 PM
I don't understand the problem. It works just like the "ignore" button, just to another level. I'm all about free speech, but I don't like the constant bickering that's been going on. So what if Sockpuppet bans you from all his threads? Do you really need to chime in on the latest episode of Jerry Springer?

Jeep
01-06-2015, 03:18 PM
I sent Inor a Nastygram since he said it wasn't working, tying to see if he bans me lol

I, Jeep, am such a weenie I sleep in a bun!

Inor
01-06-2015, 03:20 PM
I sent Inor a Nastygram since he said it wasn't working, tying to see if he bans me lol

Hell, I don't even know HOW to ban someone! I suppose I could figure it out, but why waste the time when it is more fun to just graffiti up your posts. :D

Jeep
01-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Awesome lol

hawgrider
01-06-2015, 03:52 PM
I don't understand the problem. It works just like the "ignore" button, just to another level. I'm all about free speech, but I don't like the constant bickering that's been going on. So what if Sockpuppet bans you from all his threads? Do you really need to chime in on the latest episode of Jerry Springer?
No I don't. But look at it this way ..... technically one could be ostracized from all threads posted if enough people ganged up on a particular member.

Sparkyprep
01-06-2015, 04:16 PM
I guess, but I don't think that most here are the type to gang up on anyone.

OSFG
01-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Here is how I think it could help....a topic comes up....after a few short posts it begins to devolve into a pissing match...rather than scrap the whole thread...one can ban the individual who is taking where it need not go. This can prevent a thread from going straight to the "of no value due to all the extra verbiage" category. I agree there is no need to start a thread with a banned member listed from the beginning. But it is a good tool for mods (and I do say mods) to use to keep a thread on or near topic. even though on occassion I may be the offending member, I still think it can be a good moderator/admin tool. This can keep a member who is heated up about one thread from carrying it over to another, and risk a ban from the entire site. WHich I am not in favor of except for the most extreme cases (i.e. Lancestar and Resister).

Infidel
01-06-2015, 05:24 PM

No, if you are ignored by a member you can still post in their threads only they won't see it unless you're quoted. If you're banned from a thread by the OP you can't post at all and therefor must remain silent even though you may have valuable input. Personally I think the ignore feature is more than enough power for the general user, this new feature would be great for mods though as OSFG mentioned. I vote we make it a Mod only feature.

I have witnessed a couple of threads devolve into pissing matches between members. It happens, it's a fact of life, they will either get over it or they won't. But allowing one member to ban another from his threads will lead to incomplete threads. I'm not singling anyone out (trying not to anyway) but if OSFG for example was banned from posting in all of a member's threads think of all the information he possesses that might not get shared because of it.

-Infidel

Baglady
01-06-2015, 05:43 PM
It would hurt my feelings if someone banned me from a thread. :pout:

AND apparently I missed a good pissing match!! :monkeypiss:

Who won? :bounce:

1moretoy
01-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Everyone who is still here

RWalls
01-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Haha!

RWalls
01-06-2015, 06:36 PM

Apparently it's not functioning right, hmmm.

Sparkyprep
01-06-2015, 06:37 PM
I don't think a Mod can be banned

James m
01-06-2015, 06:38 PM
You'll have to call India again. Damn isn't that long distance?

RWalls
01-06-2015, 07:20 PM
I think I fixed it.

hawgrider
01-06-2015, 08:13 PM
I think I fixed it.I banned you and the sock. You twisted RWalls this whole new feature could be pretty funny. It might actually have a peculiar effect.:eyebrows:

RWalls
01-06-2015, 08:44 PM
I banned you and the sock. You twisted RWalls this whole new feature could be pretty funny. It might actually have a peculiar effect.:eyebrows:

Yes but I set it up where u can ban me but I can bypass it then ban you from your own thread.

hawgrider
01-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Yes but I set it up where u can ban me but I can bypass it then ban you from your own thread.Oh that's twisted:pout:

Deebo
01-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Am I banned?
I am banded, so, this is a test.

Deebo
01-07-2015, 03:16 PM
I guess not?

hawgrider
03-15-2015, 08:55 AM
I think I fixed it.I have reconsidered my position on this new feature and in fact I now embrace it! Great Idea! RWalls your genius!

MI.oldguy
03-15-2015, 10:32 AM
With all the BS at the other place and now here,WHA CAINT WE AHL JUS GETALONG?.......

hawgrider
03-15-2015, 12:01 PM
With all the BS at the other place and now here,WHA CAINT WE AHL JUS GETALONG?.......
Would be nice wouldn't it. Small group here wouldn't think it would be that hard. Stays interesting though I suppose.

MI.oldguy
03-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Would be nice wouldn't it. Small group here wouldn't think it would be that hard. Stays interesting though I suppose.

I reckon so,pard.