PDA

View Full Version : When you run out of toilet paper....... ruh oh

hawgrider
01-07-2015, 11:27 AM
So when you run out of toilet paper what are you going to wipe mr winky with?

“Lamb’s Ear”

The leaves of this plant are about 4 inches by 2 inches, and very soft and fuzzy, making for a very good tissue with excellent cleaning properties.

I mean, really, just how much room do you have to store hundreds of rolls of toilet paper? If the SHTF, I doubt if a lot of toilet paper will still be manufactured, and storing enough to last you for the rest of your life is impractical at best. http://modernsurvivalblog.com/preps/sustainable-toilet-paper/

1moretoy
01-07-2015, 12:55 PM

“Lamb’s Ear”

Mr. Winky doesn't get wiped...shaken but not wiped.

hawgrider
01-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Mr. Winky doesn't get wiped...shaken but not wiped.Naw thats Mr willy not Mr winky LOL

Inor
01-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Mr. Winky doesn't get wiped...shaken but not wiped.

This conversation just took a dramatic turn for the worse! :shocked:

Sparkyprep
01-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Cloth. Then wash, and re-use. It's gross, but it's the best long term option

James m
01-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Long term I vote cloth too. A wash cloth. How do you wash your but in the shower anyway?

And what do you think about when you poop?

OSFG
01-07-2015, 04:51 PM
depends on who I am advising...cloth for those I like....sand or bark for those I don't. I know for a fact that Afghani's use rocks even when toilet paper is right there in front of them. SO I looked for pumice to spread around all the porta johns and out houses. around our camps where they worked.

Jeep
01-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Awesome

Pauls
01-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Cloth has worked for centuries, I see no reason to use a plant when cloth is available.

Note: Poison ivy has nice soft, fuzzy leaves too. It is easier to use a cloth and keep it clean than it is to run out and find a proper leaf when you gotta go.

Jeep
01-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Whats the rule for plants, leafs of 3 leave it be.

Montana Rancher
01-09-2015, 12:39 AM
A serious question, and one that you should spend some time and money on.

As I have thought about this crap for many years (pun intended), I have a HUGE backstock of toilet paper, but it is mostly for barter as I plan on using my other backstock of Bidet's.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Bidet-BB-20-Portable/dp/B004IW5ITO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420785299&sr=8-1&keywords=personal+hygiene+refresher

Similar to that one, as it advertises, small, light weight, and go anywhere.

I have used leaves in the past, trust me this is better.

bigwheel
01-09-2015, 01:36 AM

“Lamb’s Ear”

Well back in the good old days the scout master claimed all the outhouses came equipped with corn cobs. It normally take three to get the job done. You use a red one..then a white one to see if you needed to use another red one..lol. Now the po'folks who did not live in corn growing country was forced into using the big Sears Catalog. That come in handy to give some reading material while a person was waiting on nature to take its course. One peculiar aspect of that strategy was supposedly the pics of the ladies in the sexy underwear was always the last pages to be used. I guess the ladies saved those to pick out Christmas gifts or something..hmmm.

Deebo
01-09-2015, 03:41 AM
At one dollar for a four pack, I Will continue to buy t.p.
When this next move is complete, I will be able to stock More.

OSFG
01-09-2015, 05:51 PM
I think ... the Bidet...if I have an adequate water source...this is how I will take care of it...along with a fresh supply of cloth...or hand soap....

Slippy
01-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Who needs TP?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pARH-jsRt3U

Inor
01-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Who needs TP?

That could be ugly if you just ate a meal of White Castles!

SquirrelBait
01-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Who needs TP?

That looks a little too close to pounding sand for my comfort...

Montana Rancher
01-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Ok, so if you don't bother buying a $10 item to squirt your bunger clean, the 2nd best method I have heard of is a bleach bucket next to the toilet and some "absorbent cloths" and you do the wipe thing and put it in the bleach water.

A lot more messy but for those that need physical extraction that is probably the best SHTF alternative.

P.S. The dollar store is gonna close, this is for real preps.

Jerry D Young
01-10-2015, 07:22 PM
TP replacements: red shop towels or custom personal marked/colored cloth squares, stainless steel step can, Fels-Naptha clothes washing soap or liquid cold water detergent, bleach, 2 steel stock pots (washing & rinsing), stainless steel tongs (washing & rinsing), 2 Mobile washer plungers (kept labeled) (washing & rinsing)( Mobile Washer hand clothes washer:
http://beprepared.com/mobile-washer-hand-operated-washing-machine.html
), air dry in sun for additional sanitizing.

These items will allow for the use of individual personal wipe cloths and cloth diapers. Wash them, rinse them, wring them, and hang them in the sun for final sanitation. Keep things separate for each stage.

Just my opinion.

Pauls
01-11-2015, 02:51 AM
I have a stainless steel scrubber...

It's a lot like what the dog does when they drag theit butt on the ground, but it removes hemeroids at the same time.

Ginger
01-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Mr. Winky?!!! lol

hawgrider
01-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Mr. Winky?!!! lol
Yup Mr winky the turd cutter.:gasmask:

shootbrownelk
01-11-2015, 10:20 AM
A recent poll says 9 out of 10 ragheads prefer their left hand.

Montana Rancher
01-12-2015, 12:02 AM

Finally some real knowledge, I didn't know that, it could be useful rather than the turd jokes going around.

Pauls
01-13-2015, 03:08 AM
Yep, if they live by sharia law then the removal of their right hand will make them starve to death. (unless they have a wife or slave to feed them)

OSFG
01-13-2015, 05:33 PM

It is culturally why they only shake with there right hand. But that is also the hand they wipe the crap off the left one with using only sand and water. It's also why they smell like crap and why I never let them put their filthy hands on me.

RWalls
01-13-2015, 06:52 PM
A bear was taking a dump in the forest when a rabbit walked by. The bear said, "Hey rabbit, does shit stick to your fur?"

"No," replied the rabbit.

The bear picked up the rabbit and wiped his ass with him.

OSFG
01-13-2015, 10:14 PM
I find it perversely fascinating that an ass wiping thread has persisted for so long...i mean there are only so many ways to accomplish said task...wipe, wash, or wear it.

Inor
01-13-2015, 10:42 PM
I am still trying to figure out PaulS' stainless steel asshole scrubber. That sounds like some medieval torture device!

OSFG
01-13-2015, 11:15 PM
I am still trying to figure out PaulS' stainless steel asshole scrubber. That sounds like some medieval torture device!
again..flabbergasted.

bigwheel
01-14-2015, 08:02 PM
I find it perversely fascinating that an ass wiping thread has persisted for so long...i mean there are only so many ways to accomplish said task...wipe, wash, or wear it.

Thanks for the astute observations on that Sir. It did seem to be getting a bit kinky. To recall back in boy scouts some of the guys preferred to cleanse with poison ivy. hmm

Montana Rancher
01-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Ok so bottom line.... snicker

If you are planning on wiping it with some store bought paper, just google "Venezuela Toilet Paper Shortage" and then figure something else out. When you are on a "prepper" type post please do not make me sick by saying you will "buy" something, the whole point is the system breaks down and you will have to wipe your arses with what you have.

Arklatex
01-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Save your phone books. I also like the cloth idea. Not so sure about the bidets, especially when combined with a diet heavily loaded in rice and beans...

Baglady
01-15-2015, 10:25 PM
I am still trying to figure out PaulS' stainless steel asshole scrubber. That sounds like some medieval torture device!Me too!

Pauls
01-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Check out the stainless steel scrubbers at your local grocery store - you will find them close to the dish soap. Yes, it would be a lot like a midieval torture device... but it would get rid of hemorrhoids.

Inor
01-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Check out the stainless steel scrubbers at your local grocery store - you will find them close to the dish soap. Yes, it would be a lot like a midieval torture device... but it would get rid of hemorrhoids.

Knock yourself out there buddy! Let us know how it works. I think I am going to keep looking for less severe options.

Reptilicus
01-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Tree bark should also work, I quess, better than nothing!!! Would probably eliminate the hemorrhoids also!!

Pauls
01-17-2015, 09:53 PM
I have reconsidered my position on the scrubbers - they will be reserved for "honored guests". :)

Sparkyprep
01-17-2015, 11:11 PM
Beats pine cones!