PDA

View Full Version : Guess you just never know.

Sarge7402
09-10-2020, 04:23 AM
If true, then we are really in for some truly horrific times.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/there_is_something_very_wrong_with_some_in_the_top _ranks_of_americas_military.html

BucketBack
09-10-2020, 05:14 AM
Good read

juskom95
09-10-2020, 07:53 AM
Higher ranks were always more politically than they were anything else and to become a career military person you HAVE to support the Leftist ideology, or at a minimum put on a face.

None of this should surprise anyone who was in the service since 2000.

If you wanted to get promoted, you needed to play the PC game, which meant supporting the ideology and if you didn't at least put a face on it, you were looking at UCMJ action. I remember a policy letter coming down from the president's office (probably around 2009 or so) which prohibited any army personnel from speaking ill about Obama, even on non-duty hours as a matter of disrespecting an officer.

Piratesailor
09-10-2020, 08:31 AM
As stated, this shouldn’t be much of a surprise. Yes, like corporate America, you need to be PC and very political to get ahead. I have a feeling that the more you rise the less “military” you become.

What will this portend for the future? Time will tell but it is alarming.

juskom95
09-10-2020, 08:46 AM
What will this portend for the future? Time will tell but it is alarming.

We all know what it means, we just don't like it.

Sarge7402
09-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Higher ranks were always more politically than they were anything else and to become a career military person you HAVE to support the Leftist ideology, or at a minimum put on a face.

None of this should surprise anyone who was in the service since 2000.

If you wanted to get promoted, you needed to play the PC game, which meant supporting the ideology and if you didn't at least put a face on it, you were looking at UCMJ action. I remember a policy letter coming down from the president's office (probably around 2009 or so) which prohibited any army personnel from speaking ill about Obama, even on non-duty hours as a matter of disrespecting an officer.

I got out in DEC 2000, and it hadn't spread it's vile fingers thru the upper echelon's back then. We still had folks talk about things like the Constitution and Lawful and Unlawful .
orders.

Guess times have changed

juskom95
09-10-2020, 01:13 PM
I got out in DEC 2000, and it hadn't spread it's vile fingers thru the upper echelon's back then. We still had folks talk about things like the Constitution and Lawful and Unlawful .
orders.

Guess times have changed

Talk about unlawful orders, sure, but actually refuse to follow one? Nah.

I think you've all heard my story on here about the Obama era mission about policing the civilian population? Officers/senior NCO's were %100 for it, lower enlisted not so much; we only heard about the details because a few of us (like myself) were covering down on O2/O3 & E7/E8 positions so we were in the meetings and got copies of the mission.

Then there were the reprimands (Article 15/UCMJ) if you said ANYTHING negative about Obama, even if you were out of uniform and discussing politics.

Then there was the Obama era draw down, where the pushed out those who had multiple combat tours and even ended contracts early.