PDA

View Full Version : Streamlight

Arklatex
01-08-2015, 07:00 PM
I am a big fan of everything streamlight. I have the following products from them:

Microstream single AAA

Stylus pro 2 AAA (work issued)

TLR1 HL Weapon light

Lantern 3x D

Tactical 3 volt

These lights are awesome. I have had them for years with the exception of the lantern. They have been dropped, run through the washing machine and otherwise totally abused. I highly recommend them. If I haven't killed them, you can't either... They are worth the money. Just giving yall a heads up. Anybody else have something to say about the brand? Good or bad.

Jeep
01-08-2015, 07:04 PM
I have had 2 and I recommend Streamlights. The only problem I have had is with the big batteries that you just don't change out. have to but a solid whatever type battery it is.

DerBiermeister
01-08-2015, 07:05 PM
I have two of their ProTac HL-3
One of the Stylus Pro

For the HL-3, I keep one mounted on my shotty and the other is my go-to light for lighting up the world outside at night -- like finding my black labbie when she is milling about in the woods.

I keep the Stylus Pro in my Pocket Organizer, part of my GHB.

Great lights. With fresh batteries, the HL-3s put out 1100 lumens.

Jeep
01-08-2015, 07:12 PM
I have an xl 20, which is a huge handheld and the Scorpion.

DerBiermeister
01-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Forgot I had a 3rd -- see my post below (or above as the case may be)

Arklatex
01-08-2015, 07:21 PM
One time I lost my protac. It had been trampled by cattle and left in the elements for over a week. I still have it and it works fine.

Jeep
01-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Surefire I think is just as good. I think depending on what you need or want determines who you buy from. Streamlight was better for jail work, Surefire had better military options....for me.

Arklatex
01-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Surefire I think is just as good. I think depending on what you need or want determines who you buy from. Streamlight was better for jail work, Surefire had better military options....for me.
I want a surefire. Only thing holding me back is inflated prices.

Inor
01-08-2015, 07:32 PM
I carry a small Surefire when I travel. So far I have been very happy with it.

Jeep
01-08-2015, 07:36 PM
6p is what I had. It was great, it was stolen by a out of state house guest. Its worth the money and the batteries are great.

DerBiermeister
01-08-2015, 07:37 PM

I believe Surefire is the standard setter -- also made in USA. But costly.

Streamlight brand is a very good alternative. Made in China as I remember, which turns off some folks.

Jeep
01-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Quality is outstanding well worth getting pinched

DerBiermeister
01-08-2015, 07:49 PM
I keep this light in my office for poking around behind my computer, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Coast-LED-Lenser-LL7461-flashlight/dp/B000RFPOSG/ref=sr_1_69?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1420767959&sr=1-69&keywords=flashlight+coast

James m
01-08-2015, 08:46 PM
I keep a surefire in my glove box with a six pack of extra batteries. Its the old type and not the led so its a regular bulb. If you check amazon some of them are $50 or $60 i thought they were more before.

DerBiermeister
01-08-2015, 10:00 PM
At a recent gun show, I stopped by a table that had a whole bunch of really powerful lamps -- 3500 lumens as example. These were fairly large tactical lights compared to my HL-3s and looked to be of excellent quality. I can't remember the brand name or even if they were USA made. I have no idea who the heck would need 3500 lumens, I just thought I would mention seeing them.

bigwheel
01-09-2015, 01:27 AM
I am a big fan of everything streamlight. I have the following products from them:

Microstream single AAA

Stylus pro 2 AAA (work issued)

TLR1 HL Weapon light

Lantern 3x D

Tactical 3 volt

These lights are awesome. I have had them for years with the exception of the lantern. They have been dropped, run through the washing machine and otherwise totally abused. I highly recommend them. If I haven't killed them, you can't either... They are worth the money. Just giving yall a heads up. Anybody else have something to say about the brand? Good or bad.

Carried the head banging model for many moons. Try not to drop it on the cement more than once and dont let it fall in the swimming pool when wrestling with a drunk. It works good other than that..lol.

Infidel
01-10-2015, 07:33 PM
I bought a el cheapo ($20) Ultrafire a couple years ago off ebay. I was looking for a nice bright light for work that didn't use those damned expensive CR123 batteries. The Ultrafire came with 2 rechargeable batteries and a charger. The charger quit working pretty quick so I picked one up off amazon cheap and a couple extra batteries, the flashlight still works although I think the original batteries have gone to crap. I'll pick up a couple new batteries and that should cure that issue. I'd love to buy a Surefire but they're just not in my price range, I've heard good things about Streamlight but have no experience with them.

-Infidel

DerBiermeister
01-10-2015, 08:09 PM
I was looking for a nice bright light for work that didn't use those damned expensive CR123 batteries. -Infidel

You can buy in bulk on places like Amazon Prime and cut into the stiff prices. For instance - Tenergy offers a 40 pack for $39.99. As all the brands claim a 10 year shelf life, this IMO is the way to go.

Turns out there must be a dozen or more brand names of these CR123A batteries. I honestly have no freaking idea if one brand is better than the next. Surefire has their brand, Streamlight has their brand. etc., etc., etc. Maybe the batteries are all made by one company and just slap on different labels?

James m
01-10-2015, 08:11 PM
I just got a bushnell single AA LED that is 125 lumens. Its another wally world purchase. About $20 it has a white light and also red and blue.

Arklatex
01-10-2015, 09:30 PM
You can buy in bulk on places like Amazon Prime and cut into the stiff prices. For instance - Tenergy offers a 40 pack for $39.99. As all the brands claim a 10 year shelf life, this IMO is the way to go.

Turns out there must be a dozen or more brand names of these CR123A batteries. I honestly have no freaking idea if one brand is better than the next. Surefire has their brand, Streamlight has their brand. etc., etc., etc. Maybe the batteries are all made by one company and just slap on different labels?
I think you're right. I'd bet most of the 3v come from the same factory.