PDA

View Full Version : New GM Defense ISV

BucketBack
10-27-2020, 11:13 PM
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/325636/Screenshot_2020-10-27_194206_jpg-1656962.JPGGM Defense, General Motors' latest foray as a military supplier, marked a milestone on Tuesday. The first of many new Infantry Squad Vehicles made their way to the US Army as part of a multimillion-dollar contract. The ISVs are particularly neat because they're actually based on the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2.

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/chevy-colorado-zr2-infantry-vehicles-us-army/

Innkeeper
10-27-2020, 11:23 PM
I would love to get my hands on one of those and take it off road. That looks interesting I may have to go see some old buddies and see if they have gotten any down at Cp Grayling for testing, a lot of other equipment has been tested there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

BucketBack
10-28-2020, 12:20 AM
JEEP / Bronco killer

juskom95
10-28-2020, 07:41 AM
I don't get some of these new ISV's the Army is fielding and looking at. Considering how we were attacked in Iraq/Afghanistan, you would think they (leadership) would learn from that?

The IED's they used against us would shred that thing, and its occupants, in the blink of an eye. Shoot, some were even slicing through our armored vehicles.

StratBastard
10-28-2020, 08:31 AM
JEEP / Bronco killer

Sparkyprep
10-28-2020, 11:56 AM
It is my truck, with a different body.

OSFG
10-28-2020, 06:35 PM
There will always be a need for swift ground mobility assault vehicles. In 2001-2003 we used Locally purchased Toyota Tacoma's and Hilux's and then GMV's to meet the need, later we saw a need to upscale to heavily armored vehicles. It depends on the environment and the mission.

Bottom line is that an M1 Abrams can be blown up, so the only way to protect Infantry is to lock them in an armored vehicle....or use speed, tactics, surprise, or stealth to avoid getting blown up.

Avoidance was always the preferred solution. Don't be predictable.

juskom95
10-28-2020, 07:53 PM
There will always be a need for swift ground mobility assault vehicles. In 2001-2003 we used Locally purchased Toyota Tacoma's and Hilux's and then GMV's to meet the need, later we saw a need to upscale to heavily armored vehicles. It depends on the environment and the mission.

Oh I know it, but it seems the past few years it has been IFV's or the similar have been the focus. We all know the military can't procure something cheaply that works (pick any government project!).

As a side note, the Hilux is a great truck I wish Toyota offered here in the states.