PDA

View Full Version : Strange dreams you have had?

James m
01-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Last night was a kind of funny one. I was in my truck and i look down at the dash, and there are some lights on but they are not lights. Two of them are there and they look like a Microsoft thing. It looked like a word bubble and an X to close it.

What does this all mean? Does it mean that Microsoft is taking over. Or does it mean i should double check my coolant level? But i just checked my coolant and changed my oil.

Sparkyprep
01-10-2015, 05:22 PM
I don't put too much into the meanings of dreams. It's just your brain "defragmenting" to keep itself healthy. I personally don't think dreams mean anything.

Jerry D Young
01-10-2015, 07:09 PM
I have enjoyable dreams for the most part. Many are action adventure situations that actually fun. I have had very few nightmares in my life, and very few even disturbing dreams. But man oh man, have I had some strange ones. Just one example:

I was walking along a row of people standing along a nearly dry stream bed.

Ray Stevens rides past on a bicycle.

For some reason, after he gets down the stream bank for a ways he stops, clambers down over the stream bank onto the stream bed and walks out into the middle of it.

A huge crocodile runs into the bottom of the stream bed, chancing Stevens back up the bank.

I jump down onto the stream bed to divert the croc by waving my arms and shouting. (Why I would do this, without having any way to defend myself, I have absolutely no idea.)

I divert the croc, Stevens gets up the stream bank and everyone disappears. I am running for my life and scrambling up the stream bank to get away from the croc.

I manage to throw myself over the edge of the stream bank, which the croc cannot climb.

I wake up as I hit my head on the bedside table, half on and half off the bed. I had actually tried to throw myself out of the bed in my effort to get away from the croc.

That was less than a year ago.

Another one, from over forty years ago:
My sister and I found a B-52 parked on the baseball diamond of the school where I graduated high school. There was a narrow lane.

We climbed in, and I started up the engines. I drove the B-52, on the ground, off the ball field, down one of the small town streets, across a wood bridge over a drainage ditch to what is now US Highway 412 where it loops around Senath Missouri. I drove the B-52 north on 412, to Kennett Missouri, made a right turn, and headed on the state highway toward I-55 at Hayti Missouri.

I got up on I-55, drove south toward Memphis. I would goose the engines just enough to lift us up and over the overpasses. We were somewhere north of Memphis when I woke up.

Just a couple of the examples of how my mind works when I am asleep.

James m
01-10-2015, 07:20 PM
The strangest dream I have ever had was as a youngster. It goes like this. I'm laying in a bed but its not in a bedroom. Its in a hallway with floors that make a clopping noise when people walk. So I'm in this bed and I wake up. The bed has carved wooden posts. One of them is carved as a head. As I wake up the head on the post turns and tells me that I'm not supposed to be awake.

DerBiermeister
01-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Last night was a kind of funny one. I was in my truck and i look down at the dash, and there are some lights on but they are not lights. Two of them are there and they look like a Microsoft thing. It looked like a word bubble and an X to close it.

What does this all mean? Does it mean that Microsoft is taking over. Or does it mean i should double check my coolant level? But i just checked my coolant and changed my oil.

This is what it means:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7bMdAyPes

James m
01-10-2015, 09:37 PM
It means the children that work at game stop with really nice hair are going to come around and try to sell me used video games?

MI.oldguy
01-11-2015, 10:27 AM
The strangest dream I ever had was when I was a child.I have had the flu several times then and,I always had the same dream.I was walking a tightrope with my hands tied and I fell,a long way and woke up.I always thought that I was ready to pass away due to the flu but woke up instead.

I also have work dreams from when I used to work.they are always in someplace I used to work but the people were wrong for the place.they were a mixture of different people and friends I have worked with over the years.last night was a doozy but,I don't remember much other than it was a auto parts store I worked in and I woke up very,very tired.I must have put in a full day there.