PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Bacon & Eggs In A Paper Bag

hawgrider
01-13-2015, 08:53 AM
No pan with you? Cant find a rock to cook on? Got a bag? No not the little women at home a paper bag!:bounce:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlg7Rd8sHL0

Baglady
01-13-2015, 11:15 AM
I bet that's pretty interesting. Wish I could play the UTube videos.
Of course I have a Bag...umm..have you met me??

hawgrider
01-13-2015, 11:51 AM
I bet that's pretty interesting. Wish I could play the UTube videos.
Of course I have a Bag...umm..have you met me??You cant watch them ..... ok here is a quick rundown. He takes a brown lunch type bag takes a piece of bacon and smears it on the bottom and on the sides about half way up the bag. Then he lines the bottom with bacon and cracks a couple eggs on top folds the bag up and puts it right on top of the coals. The bacon didn't look very crispy but was cooked and so were the eggs. Id rather use a flat rock for perfectly done bacon and 2 eggs over easy but hey if all ya have is an old bag at home your good to go!:blackeye:

1moretoy
01-13-2015, 04:50 PM
That's freaking awesome. I'll have to try that.

Infidel
01-13-2015, 04:52 PM
Yep, pretty cool trick. I never would have thought of that.

-Infidel

RWalls
01-13-2015, 06:54 PM
Does it work with sausage?

Infidel
01-13-2015, 07:21 PM
The only problem I see with Sausage would be greasing the bag and the fact that sausage usually needs more time to cook than bacon. Had you some bacon with you to grease the bag you could do that and start the sausage then add the eggs 1/2 way through the sausage cooking I suppose.

-Infidel

bigwheel
01-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Very cool..thanks. I am thinking it might be good to give the bacon a five min or so head start then add the eggs. Can anybody suggest for the young man to try it like that?

Baglady
01-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Very cool..thanks. I am thinking it might be good to give the bacon a five min or so head start then add the eggs. Can anybody suggest for the young man to try it like that?
That's what I thought too. More cook time with just the bacon, then add the eggs.

Baglady
01-14-2015, 12:12 AM
You cant watch them ..... ok here is a quick rundown. He takes a brown lunch type bag takes a piece of bacon and smears it on the bottom and on the sides about half way up the bag. Then he lines the bottom with bacon and cracks a couple eggs on top folds the bag up and puts it right on top of the coals. The bacon didn't look very crispy but was cooked and so were the eggs. Id rather use a flat rock for perfectly done bacon and 2 eggs over easy but hey if all ya have is an old bag at home your good to go!:blackeye:
That really is a neat idea.
Too bad I don't have a bag to my name...:bounce:

Prepared One
01-14-2015, 05:27 AM
Very cool. Damn it. Now I am hungry!

bigwheel
01-14-2015, 07:00 PM
That's what I thought too. More cook time with just the bacon, then add the eggs.

Good point. They are obviously going to need our help on tweaking this deal..lol. Speaking of bags..I used to know a guy who was married to what is called an Okiehoma two sacker. Who has heard of that?

Inor
01-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Good point. They are obviously going to need our help on tweaking this deal..lol. Speaking of bags..I used to know a guy who was married to what is called an Okiehoma two sacker. Who has heard of that?

Where you put a bag over your own head too in case her's falls off?

bigwheel
01-14-2015, 07:49 PM
Where you put a bag over your own head too in case her's falls off?

Yes..eggxactly..You are such a smarty pants to know that.

Pauls
01-17-2015, 07:21 PM
I have boiled water in a paper bag before but I would think the grease from the bacon would burn and cause the bag to burn with it.

hawgrider
01-17-2015, 07:26 PM
I have boiled water in a paper bag before but I would think the grease from the bacon would burn and cause the bag to burn with it.The bacon grease coated on the inside of the bag. I suspect it works like a Styrofoam cup full of water set on coals doesn't burn until the water boils off.

Pauls
01-17-2015, 08:40 PM
For those of you that "just need to know"...

The combustion temperature of paper is 451F. It conducts heat fast enough that you can boil water over an open flame using a paper cup.

I never tried it with a styrofoam cup - I would half expect it to melt and burn.

bigwheel
01-18-2015, 05:32 PM
Well having done a bit of science on stuff like this..have found a lit cigarette stuck into the side of a Styrofoam cup full of coffee will not burn all the way through enough to let the coffee run out. Hope this helps.

hawgrider
01-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Well having done a bit of science on stuff like this..have found a lit cigarette stuck into the side of a Styrofoam cup full of coffee will not burn all the way through enough to let the coffee run out. Hope this helps.
Yep if the styrofoam cup is full of water set it right on smokin hot coals only the top edge of the cup starts melting. As the water boils off cup melts.

Arklatex
01-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Good to know. I will have to test the Styrofoam cup thing. I would assume the cup would instantly melt as soon as it hit the coals.

hawgrider
01-19-2015, 08:05 AM
Good to know. I will have to test the Styrofoam cup thing. I would assume the cup would instantly melt as soon as it hit the coals.Well we may have been drunk but that's the way I remember it. Lol

Smokin04
01-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Reminds me of another Smokin04 original quote...

How would you like your eggs in the morning? Scrambled, or fertilized?