PDA

View Full Version : A reintroduction

RB81
02-21-2021, 07:55 AM
Hey y’all, figured since hawgrider gave me the illustrious rank of toaster I’d pop in and reintroduce myself. I’ve been slinking around reading here and there but not posting for a long while. Not long after I joined life happened and everything got put on the back burner to care for my mom. She’s been gone a while now and I’m finally out of the dog and back to trying to actively prep again. I added some firearms which were immediately all lost in tragic boating accidents. Managed to catch wind of covid coming in through social media so was prepared when that rolled in last year and that’s what really kicked off the preparedness with the wife and I again. In the last year we’ve gotten a chickens, rabbits and built a huge garden. I’ll be posting pics of it as time allows. Anyway, my name’s Robbie, I’m an industrial mechanic and spent 5 years before that as an auto mechanic. I’ve been married for almost 20 years and have 2 teenagers. So hopefully I can learn a lot here and provide some insight because it’s done got weird out there.

hawgrider
02-21-2021, 08:04 AM
Ha! The toaster trick worked lol

Glad to see you posting.

Been in your shoes passing parents knock the wind out of ya.

RB81
02-21-2021, 08:09 AM
I figured if a fellow can give me a toaster I might as well swing by. Had a real bad run there for a while, lost my dad, brother and mom, a close friend and an uncle in the span of literally 2 years. Took me a while to get through all the mess but I’ve made my peace with it for the most part.

1skrewsloose
02-21-2021, 08:09 AM
Welcome.

hawgrider
02-21-2021, 08:16 AM
I figured if a fellow can give me a toaster I might as well swing by. Had a real bad run there for a while, lost my dad, brother and mom, a close friend and an uncle in the span of literally 2 years. Took me a while to get through all the mess but I’ve made my peace with it for the most part.

Yup it takes time for sure both mine went within 8 months followed by 2 years of a nasty estate battle with a shyster sibling and her piece of crap husband along with chronic pain from a spine injury yeah fun times! Brutal is the best way to describe it.

RB81
02-21-2021, 08:23 AM
Brutal is definitely accurate.

BucketBack
02-21-2021, 08:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzEzDkeHzI

MountainGirl
02-21-2021, 08:59 AM
Welcome back, glad you're here.:)

Mister Mills
02-21-2021, 09:06 AM
Welcome back to to the forum, I think that we will all need one another during the Biden years.

RB81
02-21-2021, 09:10 AM
Thanks y’all, yeah the next 4 are gonna be interesting to say the least.

RB81
02-21-2021, 09:29 AM
Oh and reading my other posts I tend to be an over explainer so, if I over explain something just tell me to go sit in the corner. Lol

Gambit
02-21-2021, 09:37 AM
welcome back

stevekozak
02-21-2021, 09:39 AM
Welcome! Sorry for your recent dark times. THat kind of thing will cause you to reevaluate your priorities in life. I had a similar run not that long ago, and it kicked the living snot out of me. Look forward to hearing more from you. If it all gets beyond repair, well, we can drink whiskey until we die.

Slippy
02-21-2021, 09:43 AM
;):samflags:

Innkeeper
02-21-2021, 09:49 AM
Welcome from Paradise....well it was until we got that lousy governor.
It is always good to have another perspective and more info from another source. Sorry for your loss, glad to see the sun has come out again. Good luck with the teenager infestation that can be a biblical proportion plague sometimes especially with girls.
Sorry to hear about your boating accident I think all of us who have suffered through this should gather and drink some good whiskey smoke a good cigar and have a proper wake for our lost loved ones.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RB81
02-21-2021, 10:03 AM
Welcome from Paradise....well it was until we got that lousy governor.
It is always good to have another perspective and more info from another source. Sorry for your loss, glad to see the sun has come out again. Good luck with the teenager infestation that can be a biblical proportion plague sometimes especially with girls.
Sorry to hear about your boating accident I think all of us who have suffered through this should gather and drink some good whiskey smoke a good cigar and have a proper wake for our lost loved ones.

Well I’ll try to give what perspective I have, it’s usually a little out there but hey, I don’t suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it. Yeah, oldest one is a girl, well young woman, she’ll be 17 this year and she has been a handful some times to say the least. My son will be 15 this year. They’re both corn fed country kids strong as and ox. She loves the farming stuff and the animals. He’s more of a book worm, but will still go tit for tat with me helping on any projects around the house. We’re blessed to have 2 really smart kids and both do well in school, he’s near the top of his class she’s not quite as book wormy as he is but she’s more mechanically minded like I am.

shootbrownelk
02-21-2021, 10:23 AM
Welcome back.

Jester-ND
02-21-2021, 11:17 AM

Innkeeper
02-21-2021, 03:29 PM
13128I like that. lol

BucketBack
02-21-2021, 03:36 PM

I'm stealing that for arfcom

Big Ken
02-21-2021, 04:41 PM
Hello, I'm fairly new myself, welcome back.

rice paddy daddy
02-22-2021, 08:23 PM
Welcome back.
Sorry for your losses.
Both my parents and older brother are gone.
I was executor for Mom's estate. I had no idea I had kin that were that greedy and nasty. Haven't seen or talked to them since, and it's been 14 years.