PDA

View Full Version : COV19, shots

Smitty901
02-24-2021, 08:42 AM
In November wife and I became infected with COv19 on purpose. We were facing mother in laws bladder cancer surgery along with doing her recovery care and helping care for granddaughter with CP . There was a window were we could get it and get over it before things got busy. We knew someone with so we got it and got over it. All went as planned.
February 10th VA called and offered me the Moderna shot . It was the second time they offered it so I got it February 11th . Couple days of fever and tried and it was over. next shot is march 11th.
It is easy to say No the vaccine when it is only tour self that is effected . In our case 90 year old mother in law and her health is a big part of every dissension we make. There is also Payton I provide care for her 5 to 6 days a week.
Kind of amazing she has been going to to school and leading a normal life for her and not gotten COV19 yet.
I am not advising others to do as we have done. We weighed all the options and risk . Then followed the path that was best of us. This COV19 is not the end of the world , nor as bad as they try to make it. It is serious of those of us that are considered high risk. It may also be for younger people with heath issue they are yet unaware of.
I hope that each of you at least look at the options and chart your own course. The worst thing is others making the choices for you.
Mother in law has now had both shots and has had no issues with them. We had been successful in keeping her away from COV19.

hawgrider
02-24-2021, 08:49 AM
The wife and I had the China crud back in November .

I am the unhealthy one and it was NOT a big deal. The wife is the healthy one and it knocked her down for 12 days. Fatigue and fever for all 12 days. We are both 60 years old.

We have all been fooled again it wasn't even as bad as the last flu I had 25 years ago. Whoop de do they can stop the madness at any time now!

No Vaccine for us nope. We are the old people in our family so nope not gonna do it.

Like you said Smitty everyone needs to assess their own situation.

1skrewsloose
02-24-2021, 09:11 AM
I'm confused, if you had covid does your body not build anti-bodies to it? Why the need for the vax?

juskom95
02-24-2021, 09:17 AM
In November wife and I became infected with COv19 on purpose. We were facing mother in laws bladder cancer surgery along with doing her recovery care and helping care for granddaughter with CP . There was a window were we could get it and get over it before things got busy. We knew someone with so we got it and got over it. All went as planned.
February 10th VA called and offered me the Moderna shot . It was the second time they offered it so I got it February 11th . Couple days of fever and tried and it was over. next shot is march 11th.
It is easy to say No the vaccine when it is only tour self that is effected . In our case 90 year old mother in law and her health is a big part of every dissension we make. There is also Payton I provide care for her 5 to 6 days a week.
Kind of amazing she has been going to to school and leading a normal life for her and not gotten COV19 yet.
I am not advising others to do as we have done. We weighed all the options and risk . Then followed the path that was best of us. This COV19 is not the end of the world , nor as bad as they try to make it. It is serious of those of us that are considered high risk. It may also be for younger people with heath issue they are yet unaware of.
I hope that each of you at least look at the options and chart your own course. The worst thing is others making the choices for you.
Mother in law has now had both shots and has had no issues with them. We had been successful in keeping her away from COV19.

Yeah, except the current vaccines do not stop the transmission of COVID-19.

Sarge7402
02-24-2021, 09:29 AM

You're going to love the second shot. Got mine thru work Wednesday last week. At first it was only a mild aching in joints but hey I'm 70 plus so it was no big deal. About 10 Am the next day number two symptom hit a massive headache (right behind my right eye). Ok 3 advil and we're back in business. Not to be. Employer said go home let's be safe. Laid down for a short nap and woke up three hours later and couldn't get warm (shakes so bad couldn't get a cup of tea in with out spilling a good bit of it). but worst of all is a foul tast ine mouth like I'd been taking sulphur pills for a month. It's been a week and I'm mostly back to normal. Did feel like crap all the way thru sunday. Did lose 12 pounds. Only thing to taste good were things with a lot of sugar in it

hawgrider
02-24-2021, 09:31 AM
You're going to love the second shot. Got mine thru work Wednesday last week. At first it was only a mild aching in joints but hey I'm 70 plus so it was no big deal. About 10 Am the next day number two symptom hit a massive headache (right behind my right eye). Ok 3 advil and we're back in business. Not to be. Employer said go home let's be safe. Laid down for a short nap and woke up three hours later and couldn't get warm (shakes so bad couldn't get a cup of tea in with out spilling a good bit of it). but worst of all is a foul tast ine mouth like I'd been taking sulphur pills for a month. It's been a week and I'm mostly back to normal. Did feel like crap all the way thru sunday. Did lose 12 pounds. Only thing to taste good were things with a lot of sugar in it

Damn that's jacked up!

SOCOM42
02-24-2021, 09:36 AM
I'm confused, if you had covid does your body not build anti-bodies to it? Why the need for the vax?

From what I have been told the anti-body level is insufficient and may now be from a different strain.

Now in this state, communist Ed Markey and Ariana Presley are now moving to deprive me of my doses.

It is being done in the name of racial equality! F""K them twice.

There was no discrimination in the scheduling,

just your name a number, no ID even, how the hell is that racist????

The hospital emailed me at the start, not me seeking them, had been a patient there several times.

Shit like that can make you a racist, I am, they bend over and kiss the black ass for what?

We know it is for the votes.

Requirements for February were over 65 and one critical health condition, I am 80 and type 2 diabetic.

There is no anti viral for me now unless I want to go to Fenway park, that is 60 miles away.

Smitty901
02-24-2021, 09:39 AM

First dose felt like I had COV19 again. But not as high a fever, tired and stayed in bed. But it was over quick. Had shot 1245. The next morning a little fuzzy but ok, by 1200 I was not well Spent rest of that day and next pretty much in bed 99 to 101.8 temps. It never effected my taste like having COV19 did. If any headache it was very mild.
0300 in the morning it was over back to normal. I Hope second follows same path. Get it the 11th. The 14th I have to load up bike and get to Murray KY. Failure is not an option.

1skrewsloose
02-24-2021, 09:43 AM
I honestly and truthfully don't know what to believe anymore! Have heard that some folks who had both shots got covid, wtf?

How is a person supposed to make an informed decision?

stevekozak
02-24-2021, 09:47 AM
From what I have been told the anti-body level is insufficient and may now be from a different strain.

Now in this state, communist Ed Markey and Ariana Presley are now moving to deprive me of my doses.

It is being done in the name of racial equality! F""K them twice.

There was no discrimination in the scheduling,

just your name a number, no ID even, how the hell is that racist????

The hospital emailed me at the start, not me seeking them, had been a patient there several times.

Shit like that can make you a racist, I am, they bend over and kiss the black ass for what? We know is is for the votes.

Requirements for February were over 65 and one critical health condition, I am 80 and type 2 diabetic.

There is no anti viral for me now unless I want to go to Fenway park, that is 60 miles away.

SOCOM, as much as we all love having you around, it would not suprise me in the least if your government, both state and Federal, would be happy to have you gone. Just the knowledge in your head is a threat to their wicked asses!! I say Fuck them, live til you are 130!!!

stevekozak
02-24-2021, 09:50 AM
I honestly and truthfully don't know what to believe anymore! Have heard that some folks who had both shots got covid, wtf?

I have many reasons to not get the jabs, but if nothing else, the following would inform my decision: The Government wants me to put something in my body. I have discovered over many decades of living, that The Government does NOT have my best interests at heart. I will not put things into my body that The Government wants me to.

MountainGirl
02-24-2021, 10:04 AM

No longer possible; 'information' is all over the place.
My way is to follow my gut/instincts.
That way, regardless of outcome, the decision was the right one for me.

Sarge7402
02-24-2021, 10:58 AM
First dose felt like I had COV19 again. But not as high a fever, tired and stayed in bed. But it was over quick. Had shot 1245. The next morning a little fuzzy but ok, by 1200 I was not well Spent rest of that day and next pretty much in bed 99 to 101.8 temps. It never effected my taste like having COV19 did. If any headache it was very mild.
0300 in the morning it was over back to normal. I Hope second follows same path. Get it the 11th. The 14th I have to load up bike and get to Murray KY. Failure is not an option.

Good luck. Seems to affect us older white folks more than Asians or younger folk

Denton
02-24-2021, 11:00 AM
Hope everything works out fine.

Me? If someone says they jabbed me with that gene therapy treatment (it's not a vaccine), they can say they accomplished something as they look for BandAides and a splint or two.

The fatality numbers have been wildly overblown. From the beginning, the symptoms were exaggerated and the prognosis overhyped to the point that you have to wonder how many people got it and died from fear. I know of one case where that happened.

Why is the word, "ventilator" no longer the every fourth word mentioned on the news, anymore?

Oh, and why have we not seen people dropping dead on the sidewalks like in those Chinese videos? Remember those videos? You know, where the person taking a video just happened to be focused on a seemingly well person face-plants supposedly due to the effects of the virus?

They had been working with that gene therapy treatment for decades and all they managed to do was kill a whole lot of test animals. I'm supposed to believe they mastered it in months? No, I just don't believe it.

I might get the Vid. I might die from it. I'll die with my RNA still the way God designed it.

SGG
02-24-2021, 01:45 PM
My grandpa is 98 and pretty damn decent health. We spoke last night and he brought it up, he doesn't quite know what to do. He was offered the shot a little while back and passed. I tried to offer what I have seen and heard both ways. I really wanted to tell him I recommend not taking it at his age but I am not that type of person. I'm personally afraid if he takes it it will kill him. I don't think I was much help but I think I told him a few things he probably hadn't heard.
Smitty, your experience is one I've shared with him. Good luck on the second shot, I hope your motorcycle trip goes off without a hiccup

Inor
02-24-2021, 02:48 PM
I am old enough to remember the vaccine in the 1970's for the Swine Flu that EVERYBODY HAD TO GET OR YOU WILL DIE FROM THE SWINE FLU!!!!!11!!!!1 Far more people got sick and died from the vaccine than the Swine Flu.

I think I'll sit this one out.

MountainGirl
02-24-2021, 02:57 PM
Except for my head thingy, that was triggered by injury 2yrs ago, I've always been healthy, no docs for me. When I turned 60 5yrs ago, I decided to go to a doctor for a full exam, scans, blood work, etc., incase there was something that could sneak up in my old age...especially since I smoke, drink & carry extra 20lbs, lol. He asked me after results were in how it was that not only were my numbers within each range, but they were on the good end of each range. I told him it was from 40 years of no doctors.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :girldancer:

stevekozak
02-24-2021, 05:53 PM
Except for my head thingy, that was triggered by injury 2yrs ago, I've always been healthy, no docs for me. When I turned 60 5yrs ago, I decided to go to a doctor for a full exam, scans, blood work, etc., incase there was something that could sneak up in my old age...especially since I smoke, drink & carry extra 20lbs, lol. He asked me after results were in how it was that not only were my numbers within each range, but they were on the good end of each range. I told him it was from 40 years of no doctors.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :girldancer:

I am convinced whiskey keeps my blood clean and my mind right!!

Smitty901
02-24-2021, 06:29 PM

Yes and no. They have no idea how long the protection last. For me it came down to Mother in law. I know she is 90 but we would like to keep her around awhile yet. Amazing person. I have not heard of anyone getting COV19 around here in some time.
Church goes on as always few wear a mask. We opened our local public school has not been a problem . Our Church school has not had to close yet. Breaking the law but Taverns out side of town told governor to pound sand and have been open.
Sheriff went to one with a team some time back decide bad idea and left. Nothing was ever said.

Piratesailor
02-24-2021, 07:26 PM
Friend of mine took the vaccine. It almost killed her. She would up in the er and almost stroked out. She has zero health or heart issues. She’s in excellent condition. No thanks.

My wife is heavily researched into vaccines and we won’t take it. And yes she is in the medical field. She knows her shit.

inceptor
02-24-2021, 08:10 PM
No longer possible; 'information' is all over the place.
My way is to follow my gut/instincts.
That way, regardless of outcome, the decision was the right one for me.

There is information all over the place. Just little fact. I'm a believer in facts. There are little out there and there are some facts that are not being reported. Out of respect for you, Socom and Smitty, I won't get into that.

My wife did like I think you did. She gets her second dose tomorrow. 32 years she's put up with my sorry ass and we are still best friends. She is the exact opposite of me. It's a wonder I tell ya.

Me, I want no part of that. I take care of myself and do as prescibed by a number of doctors I've read and they agree with 2 friends who are doctors.

MountainGirl
02-24-2021, 10:27 PM
There is information all over the place. Just little fact. I'm a believer in facts. There are little out there and there are some facts that are not being reported. Out of respect for you, Socom and Smitty, I won't get into that.

My wife did like I think you did. She gets her second dose tomorrow. 32 years she's put up with my sorry ass and we are still best friends. She is the exact opposite of me. It's a wonder I tell ya.

Me, I want no part of that. I take care of myself and do as prescibed by a number of doctors I've read and they agree with 2 friends who are doctors.

I'm not sure what the me, Socom and Smitty thing is about, but that puts me in good company so whatever it was is fine!

What I do is follow my instincts re decisions; if that's what your wife did too - excellent.

If I missed any of your other points..my bad :)

inceptor
02-24-2021, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure what the me, Socom and Smitty thing is about, but that puts me in good company so whatever it was is fine!

What I do is follow my instincts re decisions; if that's what your wife did too - excellent.

If I missed any of your other points..my bad :)

I think I remember you got the vaccine. And yes, she gets her second dose manana.

And I agree about the good company.

MountainGirl
02-25-2021, 08:49 AM
I think I remember you got the vaccine. And yes, she gets her second dose manana.

And I agree about the good company.

No vax for me, and I'm glad others are doing what's right for them. All good. :)

Innkeeper
02-25-2021, 12:30 PM
I discussed it with my Doc who is a VA doc and I know him outside of work as well. He is not getting the Vaccine and I am fine not getting it either just by our discussion and my personal research and soul searching. I learned in combat to trust my instinct and it has always taken care of me. No reason to act stupid and not trust it now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk