PDA

View Full Version : Keytone Canned Gound Beef Review

BucketBack
03-03-2021, 10:04 AM
So back a few years ago I bought some Keytone Canned meat products.

So the ground beef was best by 1/20, so I tried it out in a crock pot of chili.

Good thing I like beans in my chili because all I ate was the beans and tomatoes.

I left it on the porch the last two nights and the critters haven't touched it. I know they have been there since the garbage bag is chewed on.

Avoid this crap, the dogs, skunks, cats won't even touch the stuff

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NdYAAOSwsV9f-fAA/s-l1600.jpg

StratBastard
03-03-2021, 10:29 AM
So back a few years ago I bought some Keytone Canned meat products.

So the ground beef was best by 1/20, so I tried it out in a crock pot of chili.

Good thing I like beans in my chili because all I ate was the beans and tomatoes.

I left it on the porch the last two nights and the critters haven't touched it. I know they have been there since the garbage bag is chewed on.

Avoid this crap, the dogs, skunks, cats won't even touch the stuff

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NdYAAOSwsV9f-fAA/s-l1600.jpg

Hah! I bought a small case of these too. It's pretty darned bad. Went back to storing canned chicken breast, Tuna, corned beef, Spam and such. Spam tastes like backstrap compared to this stuff.

stevekozak
03-03-2021, 11:19 AM
Hell, I kinda want to try it now to see what all the negative fuss is about!! I have never seen it locally.

hawgrider
03-03-2021, 11:35 AM
Hahaha that's pretty bad when the coons, skunks and possums won't eat it.

SOCOM42
03-03-2021, 11:47 AM
I have looked for this product before over the years, have never seen it on the shelves.

Even Wally World does not carry it here

I too can live with the canned chicken, Spam, corned beef and Bigwheels Beanie Weinies.

I just bought a flat of the beanies yesterday.

White Shadow
03-03-2021, 01:23 PM
Never tried the Keystone ground beef, but I have a shelf full of the all natural beef they have. Everyone in the family likes it. Yoder brand is better, but a couple of times more expensive. I can usually get this at the local Walmart.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/510UsTq%2BifL.jpg

White Shadow
03-03-2021, 01:24 PM
For canned chicken we keep the Sam's Club stuff around. I don't keep canned ground beef, only a little bit of tuna.

hawgrider
03-03-2021, 02:20 PM
I can my own beef. Ground, sliced and chunks.

Dee licous !

Sparkyprep
03-03-2021, 04:08 PM
I was going to say, Mrs. Sparky cans ground beef, and it is pretty darned good in chili and the like. I wonder what they did to screw it up. I mean, seems like it should be a simple recipe. Cook ground beef, then pressure can. The end.

inceptor
03-03-2021, 04:52 PM
I was going to say, Mrs. Sparky cans ground beef, and it is pretty darned good in chili and the like. I wonder what they did to screw it up. I mean, seems like it should be a simple recipe. Cook ground beef, then pressure can. The end.

I have some stashed. I tried a can just for grins and it wasn't bad.

shootbrownelk
03-03-2021, 05:14 PM
Hell, I kinda want to try it now to see what all the negative fuss is about!! I have never seen it locally.

I just bought a can of that Keystone ground beef. I also have a couple cans of the Keystone beef chunks. Anybody tried the chunks? I just bought this stuff in case of emergencies, I suppose a fella could eat just about anything if hungry enough.

Back Pack Hack
03-03-2021, 06:12 PM
Why on earth would you buy food that makes you puke your guts up? Yeah, I get the idea to buy some, but at least try it out. Anyone who buys 'something' just for the sake of stocking it up with the attitude of 'You'll eat anything if you're hungry enough' is NOT a prepper. They're simply a hoarder.

Would you buy a gun without ever making sure it goes BANG when you pull the trigger? Would you buy an emergency radio with a solar panel and crank charger and just stuff it in a faraday cage without ever turning it on? Would you buy a backpack for use as a BOB and just toss it in the closet without even trying it on?

White Shadow
03-03-2021, 07:48 PM
I just bought a can of that Keystone ground beef. I also have a couple cans of the Keystone beef chunks. Anybody tried the chunks? I just bought this stuff in case of emergencies, I suppose a fella could eat just about anything if hungry enough.

The beef chunks is the one I was referring to. My whole family likes those a lot, but I don't use and haven't tried any of their other products. I think Yoder is even better, but the cost difference is huge.

shootbrownelk
03-04-2021, 06:03 AM
Why on earth would you buy food that makes you puke your guts up? Yeah, I get the idea to buy some, but at least try it out. Anyone who buys 'something' just for the sake of stocking it up with the attitude of 'You'll eat anything if you're hungry enough' is NOT a prepper. They're simply a hoarder.

Would you buy a gun without ever making sure it goes BANG when you pull the trigger? Would you buy an emergency radio with a solar panel and crank charger and just stuff it in a faraday cage without ever turning it on? Would you buy a backpack for use as a BOB and just toss it in the closet without even trying it on?

As far as I know, the LGS does not let you shoot their guns before you buy them, neither does Walmart. I bought that Keystone ground meat because I heard a lot about it from people I know. If you don't like it that's fine, but you don't need to infer that anyone is an idiot because they don't agree with you. You have to try something to form an opinion, they don't let a guy taste test canned food at Walmart.

Back Pack Hack
03-04-2021, 07:25 AM
As far as I know, the LGS does not let you shoot their guns before you buy them, neither does Walmart. I bought that Keystone ground meat because I heard a lot about it from people I know. If you don't like it that's fine, but you don't need to infer that anyone is an idiot because they don't agree with you. You have to try something to form an opinion, they don't let a guy taste test canned food at Walmart.

Some LGSs do. Ranges as well.

But you missed the point. You BUY an gun.... not WONDERING about it. You CHOOSE it......... you PAY for it.... you TAKE IT HOME........ and you NEVER actually TRY IT?

shootbrownelk
03-04-2021, 08:02 AM
I'm done with this.

BucketBack
03-04-2021, 09:03 AM
I have no idea how you got the last word in

hawgrider
03-04-2021, 09:25 AM
I'm done with this.

As I scratch my head on how this simple can of beef thread review went from 0 to 120 so quickly. :thinking:

BucketBack
03-04-2021, 10:42 AM
Eff it, it's 4:20 somewhere

hawgrider
03-04-2021, 03:44 PM
Eff it, it's 4:20 somewhere

You didn't...

Yup you locked your own thread. Welp that is your right to do so here. :thumb:

Just so its known that staff did not lock the thread.