PDA

View Full Version : Not really prepping- but enjoying

Coppertop
01-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Made my 1st batch of fudge today!!! It's really good!

Started making corned "beef" out of a venison roast (brining it- I think it was Inor's recipe), have started a loaf of sourdough bread and started making a Kimchee for dinner. Then I got the GF to make a batch of cinnamon rolls to put in the freezer.

Living fat and sassy today I guess

Baglady
01-18-2015, 02:58 PM
You'll have to let us know how the Corned Venison turns out.
How did you make your KimChee? Did you bury it in the ground?

Coppertop
01-18-2015, 03:01 PM
You'll have to let us know how the Corned Venison turns out.
How did you make your KimChee? Did you bury it in the ground?

No it's a "Quick" recipe. Still takes most of the day but you don't have to wait for the fish sauce to ferment.

Baglady
01-18-2015, 03:38 PM
No it's a "Quick" recipe. Still takes most of the day but you don't have to wait for the fish sauce to ferment.Fish Sauce? KimChee was made in Fish Sauce?? I didnt know that! I love KimChee. Not fish...yuk.
Cool that you found a quick recipe tho.

bigwheel
01-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Never put no fish sauce in Kim Chee..but I did have an old partner stationed over in Korea who said they put fish heads in it. Not sure about that.

Dwight55
01-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Put the Kimchee in the freezer (all the way on the bottom, under the mat if it will fit), . . . and eat the cinnamon rolls.

Lot better for you, . . . plus the sugar will sweeten your disposition if you need it.

OTOH, . . . just wondering mind you, . . . reckon Kimchee would make good catfish bait????

May God bless,
Dwight

Pauls
01-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Dwight, catfish will eat most anything but not Kimchee. I used to use dough balls soaked in chicken run off - the raw stuff in the package. It worked quite well and i always caught the ones that were 2 to 5 pounds.

Dwight55
01-27-2015, 08:01 AM
Thanks, Pauls, I'm not much of a catfisherman, . . . more of a crappie & bluegill guy, . . . just thought maybe they would go for it.

I know I like kraut, . . . fried cabbage, . . . slaw, . . . but spent too much time in RVN to ever want to be near fermented fish sauce ever again, . . . and I mean ever.

May God bless,
Dwight