PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Midwest

Trihonda
03-12-2021, 07:43 AM
Hi, I was referred here, and am happy to find a new place to land, get great outdoors tips, and discuss ways to make myself less dependent.

I’ll be honest, my primary interests of late revolve around preparedness. This interest (like many others) spiked during the craziness of 2020. This is not to say I haven’t always been a survivalist at heart. My father was a smart man, genius in fact. He was as anti government interference as anyone I’ve known. He was all about the constitution and survival. Back in the 80’s, the threat was nuclear war, and my dad was an expert in post detonation nuclear survival tactics. He even taught this in the military. He was so passionate about this, he even created his own role playing game called “Survive” to help spread the word. So this was my childhood... raised in part by a mad genius survivalist.

Fast forward to my early adult years, I held a lot of jobs in security and safety related fields, firefighter, EMT, emergency management, etc.. I received a lot of tactical and security training, and have stayed in the field ever since. I’ve always been a Boy Scout of sorts. I even ran competitively in multi-day “Adventure Races” similar to events like the “Eco Challenge”, where fitness, teamwork, and wilderness navigation and survival skills were put to the test.

To present day, I’m not rich, but financially stable enough to procure the preps I feel necessary. My neighborhood has pros and cons. First, it’s suburbia, and not ideal for off grid style preps like raising chickens, gardens, etc.. but, I do have the best prep imaginable.. I have a network (a team) of amazing neighbors who are all similarly situated in their preps. These are guys I trust, and who have an amazing set of skills to bring to the table. My team consists of a couple of cops (two are actually SWAT officers), a current fighter jet pilot (who’s wife is a current army medic), a hunter/woodman, and a former (successful) off grid homesteader, etc.. this is our core group. We are all situated the same when it comes to food and security preps, etc.. we all live within two blocks of each other. We also have a network of patriot neighbors.. a second tier of folks who will be good resources should the SHTF, but are not privy to any of the core group’s plans/preps. The idea of a lone wolf prepper is antiquated imho.. you need a network.

We also have a couple of remote cabins available within a few hours of home. The plan is to bug in. But if we need to BO, these cabins are huge, on stocked lakes, and contain everything we’d need for our families to live off grid in a pinch.

Ok, so in 2020, I significantly ramped up my preparations. I’d read Glen Tate’s “299 Days” (crazy good book series btw) and it mirrored exactly what was happening in society today. Scary how accurate this book is (written 10 years ago) and so relevant today. Thus, I upped all my preps, from home security (which was already top notch) to food and supplies. I don’t stress about these things now, as I view them as an insurance policy. I’m much more at peace now I don’t worry about feeding and protecting my family.

Anyway, glad to be a part of this community. Looking forward to learning and participating.

hawgrider
03-12-2021, 07:58 AM
Who referred you?

We don't normally let Honda people in here. :chipper:

:biglaugh:

We have made a few exceptions but its very rare.

hawgrider
03-12-2021, 08:04 AM
Nevermind I see who referred you now.

Are you kidding me Mountain girl!

:suicide:

hawgrider
03-12-2021, 08:08 AM
Alright whatever...

Grab a damn chair and sit a spell.

But one word about those freakin Hondas and ....

:flamer:

:steamroller:

:scarface:

:explodingbomb:

Jester-ND
03-12-2021, 08:10 AM
Hi, I was referred here, and am happy to find a new place to land, get great outdoors tips, and discuss ways to make myself less dependent.

I’ll be honest, my primary interests of late revolve around preparedness. This interest (like many others) spiked during the craziness of 2020. This is not to say I haven’t always been a survivalist at heart. My father was a smart man, genius in fact. He was as anti government interference as anyone I’ve known. He was all about the constitution and survival. Back in the 80’s, the threat was nuclear war, and my dad was an expert in post detonation nuclear survival tactics. He even taught this in the military. He was so passionate about this, he even created his own role playing game called “Survive” to help spread the word. So this was my childhood... raised in part by a mad genius survivalist.

Fast forward to my early adult years, I held a lot of jobs in security and safety related fields, firefighter, EMT, emergency management, etc.. I received a lot of tactical and security training, and have stayed in the field ever since. I’ve always been a Boy Scout of sorts. I even ran competitively in multi-day “Adventure Races” similar to events like the “Eco Challenge”, where fitness, teamwork, and wilderness navigation and survival skills were put to the test.

To present day, I’m not rich, but financially stable enough to procure the preps I feel necessary. My neighborhood has pros and cons. First, it’s suburbia, and not ideal for off grid style preps like raising chickens, gardens, etc.. but, I do have the best prep imaginable.. I have a network (a team) of amazing neighbors who are all similarly situated in their preps. These are guys I trust, and who have an amazing set of skills to bring to the table. My team consists of a couple of cops (two are actually SWAT officers), a current fighter jet pilot (who’s wife is a current army medic), a hunter/woodman, and a former (successful) off grid homesteader, etc.. this is our core group. We are all situated the same when it comes to food and security preps, etc.. we all live within two blocks of each other. We also have a network of patriot neighbors.. a second tier of folks who will be good resources should the SHTF, but are not privy to any of the core group’s plans/preps. The idea of a lone wolf prepper is antiquated imho.. you need a network.

We also have a couple of remote cabins available within a few hours of home. The plan is to bug in. But if we need to BO, these cabins are huge, on stocked lakes, and contain everything we’d need for our families to live off grid in a pinch.

Ok, so in 2020, I significantly ramped up my preparations. I’d read Glen Tate’s “299 Days” (crazy good book series btw) and it mirrored exactly what was happening in society today. Scary how accurate this book is (written 10 years ago) and so relevant today. Thus, I upped all my preps, from home security (which was already top notch) to food and supplies. I don’t stress about these things now, as I view them as an insurance policy. I’m much more at peace now I don’t worry about feeding and protecting my family.

Anyway, glad to be a part of this community. Looking forward to learning and participating.

welcome over..... a big NoDak hello from the artist formerly known as ND Ponyexpress

Trihonda
03-12-2021, 08:11 AM
Alright whatever...

Um... It's in my name... :) You'll be reminded of those horrific things every time I post... :)

hawgrider
03-12-2021, 08:25 AM
Um... It's in my name... :) You'll be reminded of those horrific things every time I post... :)

LOL Yeah don't remind me. Well Welcome anyway... How do you like our no mercy policy so far?

Trihonda
03-12-2021, 08:28 AM
How do you like our no mercy policy so far?

I dished it right back at ya... So it's just fine :)

Big Ken
03-12-2021, 08:39 AM
Hello and Welcomw

Slippy
03-12-2021, 08:44 AM

Whats up TH!:bounce:

Innkeeper
03-12-2021, 09:20 AM
Welcome from the 45th parallel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

rice paddy daddy
03-12-2021, 12:01 PM
Alright whatever...

Every Honda should automatically burn to cinders on December 7th each year.
Honda made the engines for the Jap Zero fighter.

In fact, EVERY JAP VEHICLE should burn on Dec 7th. Too many Americans died to defeat those sadistic bastards.

I have a book, Death March, of first person stories told about their capture by the Japs in the Philipinnes at the beginning of the war.
The author made it a point to note that not a one of the survivors owned a Jap vehicle.

rice paddy daddy
03-12-2021, 12:04 PM
Oh, by the way, welcome to the site.

Excuse my little rant.
As a serious student of WWII for over 60 years, and as a combat vet, I really, really, immensely, dislike Japs and Nazis.

hawgrider
03-12-2021, 12:05 PM

In fact, EVERY JAP VEHICLE should burn on Dec 7th. Too many Americans died to defeat those sadistic bastards.

I have a book, Death March, of first person stories told about their capture by the Japs in the Philipinnes at the beginning of the war.
The author made it a point to note that not a one of the survivors owned a Jap vehicle.

And that boys and girls is how it should be. Buy American and speak American or get the eff out!

rice paddy daddy
03-12-2021, 12:10 PM
And that boys and girls is how it should be. Buy American and speak American or get the eff out!

There are four vehicles here on the homestead.
Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra, Ford F-150, and my 20+ year old beater Buick.

Always buy and drive American.

"But Toyotas are made in Tennessee."
Yes, they are, but all the corporate profits go to Tokyo. I refuse to give them one thin dime of my hard earned money.

hawgrider
03-12-2021, 12:39 PM

Yes, they are, but all the corporate profits go to Tokyo. I refuse to give them one thin dime of my hard earned money.

Same here never had a Gook a Bavarian a German or a Zipper head in my driveway. Never will!

Prepared One
03-12-2021, 01:52 PM

Welcome aboard. Now, don't you let ol' Hawg rile you. You just go right on ahead and be real sure to talk it up about those Honda thingies all you want, He just loves endless discussions about every little minute detail on Honda's. As a matter of fact, every discussion, just circle it back to Honda's, he really likes that, he can't get enough. Don't you let him fool ya now, he loves it. :bigthumbup:

BucketBack
03-12-2021, 03:03 PM
Welcome aboard. Now, don't you let ol' Hawg rile you. You just go right on ahead and be real sure to talk it up about those Honda thingies all you want, He just loves endless discussions about every little minute detail on Honda's. As a matter of fact, every discussion, just circle it back to Honda's, he really likes that, he can't get enough. Don't you let him fool ya now, he loves it. :bigthumbup:

I'll even help

I was looking at KIA's today. Good deals on a soso drivetrain , with good interior.

hawgrider
03-12-2021, 03:13 PM
I'll even help

I was looking at KIA's today. Good deals on a soso drivetrain , with good interior.

Oh man yer killen me!

Prepared One
03-12-2021, 03:33 PM
I'll even help

More Honda's, KIA, and IKEA's is what I say. Maybe some of those Prius's as well. As Joe says, lets build back America's backbone even stronger! :dancingguy:

StratBastard
03-12-2021, 04:28 PM
Welcome from the commie state of Oregon. Lots of Honda's here, so I've become numb to it. 57 genders too, by the last count. They love those faggy little scooters.

:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter:

bigwheel
03-12-2021, 06:05 PM
Howdy from DFW Texas. Glad you made it over. If anybody gives any funky sounding advice..prior to acting on it...run it past a guy named Slippy. He is one of the major separators of sheet from Shineloa around here. If he don't seem plausible..ask a Jack Booted thug named Denton. They have both forgot more than most folks could hope to know about weighty matters. Thanks.

stevekozak
03-12-2021, 06:31 PM
Gol' Durn!! They just let anyone up in this bitch!! Well, you got past the front door, so get a seat and keep the farts to a minimum. We talk about about whores and Juggalos a lot here. When we are done talking about Mister Mills, we sometimes discuss guns and the state of the dickheads in DC. :rapture:

inceptor
03-12-2021, 08:20 PM

Then it probably wouldn't do much good to tell you I own a 4Runner. :bongodrums:

inceptor
03-12-2021, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the otherside. I figured I had better get this in too.

inceptor
03-12-2021, 08:23 PM

Toyota trucks are also made in Texas.

Ok, I'll tell ya. My next vehicle will most likely be an F-150. I just couldn't resist the other though.

inceptor
03-12-2021, 08:28 PM
More Honda's, KIA, and IKEA's is what I say. Maybe some of those Prius's as well. As Joe says, lets build back America's backbone even stronger! :dancingguy:

Hell the way jo and the ho are going, they'll soon be putting US vehicles out of business. We need Chinese cars.

hawgrider
03-12-2021, 08:30 PM
Then it probably wouldn't do much good to tell you I own a 4Runner. :bongodrums:

Dayum not you... Noooooooo damn damn damn!

A Watchman
03-12-2021, 10:24 PM
Dayum not you... Noooooooo damn damn damn!

Kawasaki lets the good times roll.

hawgrider
03-13-2021, 06:41 AM
Kawasaki lets the good times roll.
Well I was gonna hook you up with the smartass medal but I see you already earned it lol!

BucketBack
03-13-2021, 06:53 AM
You're a HEAD when you're on a Honda

Sparkyprep
03-13-2021, 01:30 PM
Welcome from South Florida

Gambit
03-13-2021, 01:38 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/08/ee/f0/08eef06511f04a24114a13929fb5dea8--funny-animals-adorable-animals.jpg

bigwheel
03-13-2021, 03:27 PM
Alright whatever...

Hey now lets dont be haters. Recall reading Easy Rider Magazine back in the late 70s..just for the ariticles and some tatted up outlaw Harley guy who also worked on em tore his brand new made in America? Evolution engine apart and it had made in Japan wrote on some of the intregal parts. That was a real shocker which I aint quite recovered from till this day. I love those Harleys with the automatic chain oilers where it drips in just the right spot. Had a pal with a Harley 74 fully dressed out old cop bike that knew the trick.

MountainGirl
03-13-2021, 06:23 PM
Nevermind I see who referred you now.

Are you kidding me Mountain girl!

:suicide:
Did I invite him? Not bloody likely.
Months ago he reported to PF honchos that Denton threatened me, and bragged about getting rid of Denton as mod.
I see he's still lying.
Boot the fkn jerk.

Correction. I invited him back in Dec, before he showed his true face. Big discussion on it elsewhere here, including what would happen if he showed up. Ring any bells?

hawgrider
03-13-2021, 07:21 PM
Months ago he reported to PF honchos that Denton threatened me, and bragged about getting rid of Denton as mod.
I see he's still lying.
Boot the fkn jerk.

Correction. I invited him back in Dec, before he showed his true face. Big discussion on it elsewhere here, including what would happen if he showed up. Ring any bells?

Ahh yes thats right this is the traitor who rolled Denton now its coming back. He showed up here and said he was referred here but didnt say who so I looked at his registration info and he listed you as the referal.

Hmm sounds like a VIP member vote may be in order? I new I smelled something peculiar. All it takes is a VIP poll.

MountainGirl
03-13-2021, 07:25 PM
Ahh yes thats right this is the traitor who rolled Denton now its coming back. He showed up here and said he was referred here but didnt say who so I looked at his registration info and he listed you as the referal.

Hmm sounds like a VIP member vote may be in order? I new I smelled something peculiar. All it takes is a VIP poll.

Light it up.

hawgrider
03-13-2021, 07:30 PM
Light it up.

If Its me putting it up it wouldn't be right. VIP members have the power to request the deed in the VIP forum.

I can vote but I prefer the VIP members exercise their rights and make the request.

MountainGirl
03-13-2021, 07:33 PM
If Its me putting it up it wouldn't be right. VIP members have the power to request the deed in the VIP forum.

I can vote but I prefer the VIP members exercise their rights and make the request.
Alright. Hold my beer.

bigwheel
03-13-2021, 07:39 PM
It do indeed smell like some kinda commie plot.

MoreAmmoOK
03-13-2021, 08:29 PM
When I was in High School, about 1970, I had a Honda. I got lucky, someone stole it, Sherriff found it burning in the middle of a country road. Since then if it ain't born n bred in the US I don't ride it.

hawgrider
03-13-2021, 08:30 PM
When I was in High School, about 1970, I had a Honda. I got lucky, someone stole it, Sherriff found it burning in the middle of a country road. Since then if it ain't born n bred in the US I don't ride it.

Lol what a great story! We must have a medal for that lemmie look.

shootbrownelk
03-13-2021, 08:51 PM
Hell the way jo and the ho are going, they'll soon be putting US vehicles out of business. We need Chinese cars.

I say bring back the YUGO (screw yourself). A fine example of automotive excellence.

hawgrider
03-13-2021, 08:53 PM
I say bring back the YUGO (screw yourself). A fine example of automotive excellence.

Just don't cross the Mackinaw bridge with one..... ever lol!

Innkeeper
03-13-2021, 09:16 PM
Just don't cross the Mackinaw bridge with one..... ever lol!I was a couple grades behind that girl in school.

BucketBack
03-13-2021, 09:19 PM
:hangman:

rice paddy daddy
03-13-2021, 09:22 PM
Toyota trucks are also made in Texas.

Ok, I'll tell ya. My next vehicle will most likely be an F-150. I just couldn't resist the other though.

When I was new truck shopping in '06, I briefly (very briefly) thought about the full size Toyota with the optional I-Force engine. 385 horsepower and 401 foot pounds of torque sounded good to this old hot rodder.
Bought my GMC instead.

hawgrider
03-13-2021, 09:23 PM
I was a couple grades behind that girl in school.

Oh no kidding she was from the mitt?

Innkeeper
03-13-2021, 09:28 PM
Oh no kidding she was from the mitt?From Royal Oak. She was headed back to college.

Trihonda
03-13-2021, 09:33 PM
I see he's still lying.
Boot the fkn jerk.

Wait...? I’m confused. Is this for real, or you just messing with me? Also, I don’t think this account is any way accurate, and I for one would never think to share info discussed privately in a PM.. but you and I chatted back and forth, and I recall our conversation being pleasant, and you suggested coming here BECAUSE of the way you were treated in that situation you referenced. I certainly haven’t lied before, and what did I say here to “still” be lying?

What True face have I showed?

Happy to discuss in PM with the admin team

hawgrider
03-13-2021, 09:39 PM
Wait...? I’m confused. Is this for real, or you just messing with me? Also, I don’t think this account is any way accurate, and I for one would never think to share info discussed privately in a PM.. but you and I chatted back and forth, and I recall our conversation being pleasant, and you suggested coming here BECAUSE of the way you were treated in that situation you referenced. I certainly haven’t lied before, and what did I say here to “still” be lying?

The word is right out of the gate you rolled Denton with the report button at PF with some righteous crap about how you thought the forum should be run if my memory is correct.

PF mods that are here can you guys verify about the reported post of the complaint on Denton?

No pms with the admin team here this is a members forum no secrets here.

MountainGirl
03-13-2021, 09:50 PM

Yes, it's 'for real'. You're a liar and just dropped another big red turd in your post.
I'm not interested in spending more energy on you; maybe Hawg has time for you, or not.

inceptor
03-13-2021, 11:05 PM

I figure Chinese cars will be on par with the Yugo. 30k max before they seized. Yup, kinda reminds you of other cheap Chinese junk.

Trihonda
03-14-2021, 12:56 AM

I will make another post (my other one was deleted because I posted the PM from another forum, from MG, where she completely contradicts the narrative she’s spewing now). It’s late, and I’ll post a rebuttal later. If there is some sort of VIP vote to boot me, I’d like an opportunity to respond. You mentioned no PMs between admins on this, that there are no secrets, but MG shared info from a PM between us (from another forum) And this actual PM from her (from this other forum) refutes her claims. I’m still confused by all this. Still waiting to hear from MG how I’m lying. These are some visceral accusations from MG. I have no crazy motives, I’m just a new guy trying to participate.

Trihonda
03-14-2021, 07:11 AM
I’m a bit shocked by all this:

First off, I don’t like airing dirty laundry publically. I’d rather do this via PM, because I don’t like trashing someone openly for all to see, as it serves very little in the way of positive outcome. But the rules laid down here by Hawg were clear, that this group should have no secrets. That is why I posted a PM screen shot from another forum. I believe this screen shot directly contradicts (in her own words) MG’s accusations against me. I think these accusations are delusional, and I have zero idea why she holds me in such contempt. I think my conduct on PF has been fairly normal, with no controversial content that I’m aware of. I think her accusations are baseless, claiming things that did not happen, and calling me a liar, when I have not lied once (I have no reason to). I would appreciate MG backing up these claims, as she is now seeking to get me booted from here with some VIP poll... I can see why she didn’t want her PM screenshot to be posted.

Here’s the situation as it unfolded on PF; as a very new member of PF I read an exchange between Denton and MG, I dont know either party, I don’t hold any grudges. I don’t know the back stories or history, but the exchange was uncomfortable. It was getting heated between Denton and MG, and then Denton made a comment like “I’ve been reading your posts”, “I know where you live”. It was clearly a veiled threat. As a moderator, you set the tone for acceptable behavior on a forum (I know, because I moderate a couple large forums), so as a new person, I had to wonder if that was what I had to look forward to on PF.. I did “report” the post in question, and asked if this was the norm. I received replies from the mods on PF that the post was indeed concerning, but that Denton was a super nice guy. I have no reason to doubt that. I was informed that Denton agreed to step away from the mod role. Once I reported the post, I didn’t give it much thought. I spoke my mind, and moved on.

However, I did PM mountain girl, and offered some support. I also explained that I felt she hadn’t said anything to deserve the treatment. And that Denton’s behavior was “douchey” and that I’d reported it. I said, I’m a new guy, and will probably get banned for reporting a moderator. Since I’m not allowed post the actual PM response from MG here, I’ll share the content of this PM. I’m assuming this should be ok, since MG apparently came here and disclosed the info that I shared with HER in my PM..

MG wrote “Thank you very much for reporting it, and you won’t get banned...”. Then she went on to trash the PF site and claimed she wouldn’t be interacting much there anymore. She said “Not solely because of what happened with Denton - but that was the last straw”. It was clear to me the exchange with Denton was troublesome. MG then went on to share her opinions of PF, and then to talk up this forum. She suggested I reach out to hawg in order to sign up. She then closes her PM to me with “Thanks again for your words and actions, warmest regards..”

Seeing as how she appeared bothered by Denton’s actions, stating it was the last straw, I did follow up with a PM to her that said she wouldn’t have to worry about Denton bothering her too much anymore, which was in response to Denton posting a thread about stepping down and I think claiming he was not going to participate much anymore. But I didn’t pursue the issue, I never otherwise targeted Denton, and I wasnt lobbying against him, just using the sites “report” feature for what it’s intended for. I still hold the comments he made were not cool, but that doesn’t mean he is a bad dude, maybe just having a bad day, dunno. I didn’t think much of it afterwards, tbh. I havent had any crazy mix ups or arguments with folks on PF, certainly nobody had told me “I know where you live” or vs versa.

Fast forward a few months and I decide to join up here, then MG comes onto my intro thread and starts saying some pretty vile things. Claiming I’m lying, but I’m not sure what about. She says I’m continuing to lie, insinuating I’ve lied a bunch, and that I’m over on PF trying to tell all the mods how to run the site, and doing it repeatedly. I have zero idea what the hell she’s talking about, and quite frankly it appears delusional to me. Even if she didn’t like the tone of my PM to her, or some post I made on PF, why does she hold so much hatred towards me? No clue, and honestly I don’t care.. other than she’s making some very wild accusations against me, AND publically sharing information I shared with her in PM on a different site.

One of her posts above quoted a post from me, and she highlighted a sentence where I said she advocated coming to OTP in part due to the way she was treated in her interaction with Denton. She then said I’m a liar, and just dropped a big red turd in my post...? Well, her PM to me said JUST that. So which is it MG? Where am I lying?

Seriously, wth...

StratBastard
03-14-2021, 07:24 AM
I’m a bit shocked by all this:

First off, I don’t like airing dirty laundry publically. I’d rather do this via PM, because I don’t like trashing someone openly for all to see, as it serves very little in the way of positive outcome. But the rules laid down here by Hawg were clear, that this group should have no secrets. That is why I posted a PM screen shot from another forum. I believe this screen shot directly contradicts (in her own words) MG’s accusations against me. I think these accusations are delusional, and I have zero idea why she holds me in such contempt. I think my conduct on PF has been fairly normal, with no controversial content that I’m aware of. I think her accusations are baseless, claiming things that did not happen, and calling me a liar, when I have not lied once (I have no reason to). I would appreciate MG backing up these claims, as she is now seeking to get me booted from here with some VIP poll... I can see why she didn’t want her PM screenshot to be posted.

Here’s the situation as it unfolded on PF; as a very new member of PF I read an exchange between Denton and MG, I dont know either party, I don’t hold any grudges. I don’t know the back stories or history, but the exchange was uncomfortable. It was getting heated between Denton and MG, and then Denton made a comment like “I’ve been reading your posts”, “I know where you live”. It was clearly a veiled threat. As a moderator, you set the tone for acceptable behavior on a forum (I know, because I moderate a couple large forums), so as a new person, I had to wonder if that was what I had to look forward to on PF.. I did “report” the post in question, and asked if this was the norm. I received replies from the mods on PF that the post was indeed concerning, but that Denton was a super nice guy. I have no reason to doubt that. I was informed that Denton agreed to step away from the mod role. Once I reported the post, I didn’t give it much thought. I spoke my mind, and moved on.

However, I did PM mountain girl, and offered some support. I also explained that I felt she hadn’t said anything to deserve the treatment. And that Denton’s behavior was “douchey” and that I’d reported it. I said, I’m a new guy, and will probably get banned for reporting a moderator. Since I’m not allowed post the actual PM response from MG here, I’ll share the content of this PM. I’m assuming this should be ok, since MG apparently came here and disclosed the info that I shared with HER in my PM..

MG wrote “Thank you very much for reporting it, and you won’t get banned...”. Then she went on to trash the PF site and claimed she wouldn’t be interacting much there anymore. She said “Not solely because of what happened with Denton - but that was the last straw”. It was clear to me the exchange with Denton was troublesome. MG then went on to share her opinions of PF, and then to talk up this forum. She suggested I reach out to hawg in order to sign up. She then closes her PM to me with “Thanks again for your words and actions, warmest regards..”

Seeing as how she appeared bothered by Denton’s actions, stating it was the last straw, I did follow up with a PM to her that said she wouldn’t have to worry about Denton bothering her too much anymore, which was in response to Denton posting a thread about stepping down and I think claiming he was not going to participate much anymore. But I didn’t pursue the issue, I never otherwise targeted Denton, and I wasnt lobbying against him, just using the sites “report” feature for what it’s intended for. I still hold the comments he made were not cool, but that doesn’t mean he is a bad dude, maybe just having a bad day, dunno. I didn’t think much of it afterwards, tbh. I havent had any crazy mix ups or arguments with folks on PF, certainly nobody had told me “I know where you live” or vs versa.

Fast forward a few months and I decide to join up here, then MG comes onto my intro thread and starts saying some pretty vile things. Claiming I’m lying, but I’m not sure what about. She says I’m continuing to lie, insinuating I’ve lied a bunch, and that I’m over on PF trying to tell all the mods how to run the site, and doing it repeatedly. I have zero idea what the hell she’s talking about, and quite frankly it appears delusional to me. Even if she didn’t like the tone of my PM to her, or some post I made on PF, why does she hold so much hatred towards me? No clue, and honestly I don’t care.. other than she’s making some very wild accusations against me, AND publically sharing information I shared with her in PM on a different site.

One of her posts above quoted a post from me, and she highlighted a sentence where I said she advocated coming to OTP in part due to the way she was treated in her interaction with Denton. She then said I’m a liar, and just dropped a big red turd in my post...? Well, her PM to me said JUST that. So which is it MG? Where am I lying?

Seriously, wth...

To quote you: "I don’t know the back stories or history, but the exchange was uncomfortable. It was getting heated between Denton and MG, and then Denton made a comment like “I’ve been reading your posts”, “I know where you live”. It was clearly a veiled threat." Oh, was it "uncomfortable"? Did your tender bits itch a bit? Clearly a "veiled threat"? It was nothing of the sort. If you DID know the back stories and history, you would know we kid each other in such terms. All the time. Want to be the hall monitor and PC police of our conversations? Make notes and report on them? Do it somewhere else.

Trihonda
03-14-2021, 07:39 AM
To quote you: "I don’t know the back stories or history, but the exchange was uncomfortable. It was getting heated between Denton and MG, and then Denton made a comment like “I’ve been reading your posts”, “I know where you live”. It was clearly a veiled threat." Oh, was it "uncomfortable"? Did your tender bits itch a bit? Clearly a "veiled threat"? It was nothing of the sort. If you DID know the back stories and history, you would know we kid each other in such terms. All the time. Want to be the hall monitor and PC police of our conversations? Make notes and report on them? Do it somewhere else.

Roger that.. but MG’s PM to me was clear that she didn’t appreciate Denton’s comments, that it was “The Last Straw”. She then thanked me for reporting the post. So maybe it was out of line for a newbie to take issue with Dentons comments, but for MG to suddenly claim she was offended by me reporting Denton is pretty disingenuous...

Edited: at the time, MG decried Dentons comments in the thread, the mods PM’d me and confirmed they felt Dentons comments were out of line, and MG thanked me for reporting it, and said it was the last straw, so if I clearly read the situation wrong, I wasn’t the only one... I’m perfectly fine with banter and giving people sh*t, but it’s never wrong to report a post that appears to threaten another member. I don’t have any desire to be the PC or language police. I just want to participate, to prep, gain some skills and knowledge, etc.

StratBastard
03-14-2021, 07:54 AM
Roger that.. but MG’s PM to me was clear that she didn’t appreciate Denton’s comments, that it was “The Last Straw”. She then thanked me for reporting the post. So maybe it was out of line for a newbie to take issue with Dentons comments, but for MG to suddenly claim she was offended by me reporting Denton is pretty disingenuous...

It is irrelevant if MG THANKED you, CURSED you, or was INDIFFERENT to you for reporting a post. IRRELEVANT. We don't want or NEED your hall monitoring. It is NOT "out of line" to "take issue" with anyone's post. Just do it head on. In the comment section. Say your piece like a man. DON'T run to the principal's office with a polished apple. And if you plan on "reporting" exchanges on THIS forum which make you uncomfortable, you will be very busy. VERY busy.

Trihonda
03-14-2021, 08:05 AM
It is irrelevant if MG THANKED you, CURSED you, or was INDIFFERENT to you for reporting a post. IRRELEVANT. We don't want or NEED your hall monitoring. It is NOT "out of line" to "take issue" with anyone's post. Just do it head on. In the comment section. Say your piece like a man. DON'T run to the principal's office with a polished apple. And if you plan on "reporting" exchanges on THIS forum which make you uncomfortable, you will be very busy. VERY busy.

The way it was described to me, there isn’t even a “report” function here, so no worries. :).

hawgrider
03-14-2021, 08:07 AM
The way it was described to me, there isn’t even a “report” function here, so no worries. :).

Oh but there is a report button here. We just don't use it to tattletale and narc our established brethren.

Trihonda
03-14-2021, 08:21 AM
Oh but there is a report button here. We just don't use it to tattletale and narc our established brethren.

I guess you’re the admin, so you certainly get to decide what is deemed narc-ing and what is a legitimate concern you’d want the admin/mod team to have flagged for review.

I personally think a “Super Moderator” threatening another member in a thread is worthy of reporting. I wouldn’t expect a brand new member to feel comfortable confronting site management publically in the thread. But if I were running the show as as admin, I’d want to know about it.

But I’m not. So my opinion doesn’t matter. If you deem my reporting of Denton (in another forum) a capital offense (here), and think I should be booted, fine, it’s absolutely your show. I own my actions. I’m not going to apologize for what I thought was the right call. Still a bit curious about where I’ve lied, and find MG’s comments here quite disingenuous..

Ps. Does it help that my Honda is trying hard to “look and sound” like a Harley?

Edited; reporting posts isn’t a habit, and Dentons post was the first I’ve reported in all the forums I belong to, in several years. It was not casual fun banter

Sparkyprep
03-14-2021, 08:26 AM
I guess you’re the admin, so you certainly get to decide what is deemed narc-ing and what is a legitimate concern you’d want the admin/mod team to have flagged for review.

I personally think a “Super Moderator” threatening another member in a thread is worthy of reporting. I wouldn’t expect a brand new member to feel comfortable confronting site management publically in the thread. But if I were running the show as as admin, I’d want to know about it.

But I’m not. So my opinion doesn’t matter. If you deem my reporting of Denton (in another forum) a capital offense (here), and think I should be booted, fine, it’s absolutely your show. I own my actions. I’m not going to apologize for what I thought was the right call. Still a bit curious about where I’ve lied, and find MG’s comments here quite disingenuous..

Ps. Does it help that my Honda is trying hard to “look and sound” like a Harley?

Edited; reporting posts isn’t a habit, and Dentons post was the first I’ve reported in all the forums I belong to, in several years. It was not casual fun banter

So much drama. We don't really do drama here. Let it go.

1skrewsloose
03-14-2021, 08:26 AM

Edited: at the time, MG decried Dentons comments in the thread, the mods PM’d me and confirmed they felt Dentons comments were out of line, and MG thanked me for reporting it, and said it was the last straw, so if I clearly read the situation wrong, I wasn’t the only one... I’m perfectly fine with banter and giving people sh*t, but it’s never wrong to report a post that appears to threaten another member. I don’t have any desire to be the PC or language police. I just want to participate, to prep, gain some skills and knowledge, etc.

So, you were offended and reported it. Poor snowflake. Like a true lib, you have been deflecting the point towards MTgirl, you are the one who got butt hurt. Far as I'm concerned, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!

hawgrider
03-14-2021, 08:34 AM

Lemmie help clear this up for you.

We are not a corporate forum owned by Canadians or by any other such nonsense. We are a very tight group of friends.

Anybody is welcome here unless they are not. A bunch drama here will not get the same reaction as the PF forum. We have no mercy here. Well sometimes we do but only under certain circumstances.

Trihonda
03-14-2021, 08:34 AM
So much drama. We don't really do drama here. Let it go.

I absolutely would love to, but apparently MG is rallying some VIP poll to get me banned. And as much as I hate drama (I’m no snowflake, and not easily offended. Certainly not liberal), MG posted some disingenuous and untrue comments about me, and I felt the need to speak up.

hawgrider
03-14-2021, 08:37 AM
I absolutely would love to, but apparently MG is rallying some VIP poll to get me banned. And as much as I hate drama (I’m no snowflake, and not easily offended. Certainly not liberal), MG posted some disingenuous and untrue comments about me, and I felt the need to speak up.

Your mistake was thinking that we would not protect one of our own.

StratBastard
03-14-2021, 08:39 AM
I personally think a “Super Moderator” threatening another member in a thread is worthy of reporting.

Except it WASN'T a threat. AGAIN, if you knew us at all, you would know it was sarcasm. A joke. The way we speak to one another frequently. Occur to you that NO ONE else reported this as a "threat"? Just WHO do you think you might be, making such a determination for us? Make ANOTHER report. Please. A LONG one. We're short on toilet paper.

hawgrider
03-14-2021, 08:44 AM
Except it WASN'T a threat. AGAIN, if you knew us at all, you would know it was sarcasm. A joke. The way we speak to one another frequently. Occur to you that NO ONE else reported this as a "threat"? Just WHO do you think you might be, making such a determination for us? Make ANOTHER report. Please. A LONG one. We're short on toilet paper.

Pure poetry !

Oh oh I feel the coffee workin looking for toilet paper...

Trihonda
03-14-2021, 08:44 AM
We are not a corporate forum owned by Canadians or by any other such nonsense. We are a very tight group of friends.

That was the appeal of this site.

I didn’t post anything controversial here, and drama found me. If this is MG’s stomping ground, and you all chose to believe the crazy, I can take a hint. I dislike drama too.

Slippy
03-14-2021, 09:06 AM
That was the appeal of this site.

I didn’t post anything controversial here, and drama found me. If this is MG’s stomping ground, and you all chose to believe the crazy, I can take a hint. I dislike drama too.

Dang, what the phuck did I miss?

hawgrider
03-14-2021, 09:09 AM
Dang, what the phuck did I miss?

Drama that fits in a big gulp cup from 7/11

Slippy
03-14-2021, 09:15 AM
Drama that fits in a big gulp cup from 7/11

I guess I've been too busy wallowing on pain pills, watching my dog chase chickens and recruiting people to mess with PF!

I really should pay more attention... :lost:

MountainGirl
03-14-2021, 09:55 AM

What I was offended by, you feckless turd, was not that you clicked a flag but by the PM you sent to me after you received mine in which you bragged about how good a moderator you are, and how your fine report got rid of Denton. You can click all the flags you want as far as I'm concerned but when you jump in with shit but you have no knowledge of that ain't right.

I had you on ignore but with everyone quoting your words that defeated that so I opened you back up and read your posts. I saw where you had posted a screenshot of my pm. Bad move. I could have saved you a lot of time; the pm screenshot you posted I had already posted my own screenshot of it months ago over in a private forum when I let these guys know the mistake I'd made by suggesting you come over here, and that you admitted reporting Denton as threatening me. I didn't post your delusional pm from December, but you go ahead and post the screenshot of your reply back then. Or not. No need really; your nature has been sufficiently revealed.

Move along child. This place is for grown-ups.

Jester-ND
03-14-2021, 09:56 AM

Jester-ND
03-14-2021, 10:01 AM
I reported myself....... as a test to see who it annoys. thank me later

hawgrider
03-14-2021, 10:16 AM

Yes it ****ing works. Im a busy admin today with a bad attitude. Jus sayin. :microwave:

MountainGirl
03-14-2021, 10:18 AM
LOL

hawgrider
03-14-2021, 10:21 AM
Rrrrr! Uggg! spit fire and brimstone!:woodchipper:

SGG
03-14-2021, 10:21 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/a0h7sAqON67nO/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7qmkh8vjul42nwphtkoukh7zlahhk pf2b16m9rccq&rid=giphy.gif

Prepared One
03-14-2021, 10:26 AM

I am familiar with the exchange between Denton and MG that got your panties in a wad, you should have stayed out of it. You knew neither of them or their history and it was none of your damned freakin business. Denton is a big boy and MG can handle herself. You should have stayed the f--k out of it. I hate tattletales.

Inor
03-14-2021, 10:51 AM

You can't piss me off. Being from North Dakota, I'll bet you talk funny just like me.

Gambit
03-14-2021, 11:21 AM
im lost on whats going on

and howdy from KY

Innkeeper
03-14-2021, 12:08 PM

First off YOU reported Denton not MG, YOU so that means the drama was started by YOU. Second that also makes you a Snowflake/SJW, because you didn't know anything else so you were offended and reported the "issue".
Just thinking out loud here maybe you should have talked to MG before going after Denton, she may not have wanted you to report him and could have enlightened you as to the background if she felt you needed to know.
In real life I will step in when someone is being attacked...…unless they are a SJW (they probably started what they are getting). But online if I don't know them it just might be better to sit back and watch for a bit. Just Saying.:thinking:

Deebo
03-14-2021, 12:11 PM
Seems like a little drama queen, I am still on my second cup of coffee, and havent smoked a bowl today, SO, I cant read all the the tantalizing bullcrap this trihonda has spewed.
One ting for certain, here, we dont put up with drama, we will bait you, flame you, and throw you to the curb.

Jester-ND
03-14-2021, 05:30 PM
You can't piss me off. Being from North Dakota, I'll bet you talk funny just like me.

dats a big ya sure you betcha doncha know!

rice paddy daddy
03-14-2021, 09:40 PM
.............you feckless turd.................

MG, I personally like you for a number of reasons. And that example above is merely one of them. :thumb:
That is classic, I haven't heard that level of wordsmanship in years!!:beerchug:

That is all, carry on.:yessir:

MountainGirl
03-14-2021, 10:44 PM
MG, I personally like you for a number of reasons. And that example above is merely one of them. :thumb:
That is classic, I haven't heard that level of wordsmanship in years!!:beerchug:

That is all, carry on.:yessir:

LOL glad you enjoyed it! :blow:

Denton
03-14-2021, 11:16 PM

Personally, I don't give two rat turds that you reported me. I'm curious, though. Assuming you are talking about the post that earned me a few days in the cooler, what part of my comments caused you to wilt? Or, was it that I used a particular word in clinical and historical context? I'm also curious about if you've ever reported someone who typed out G-D or F**k? Those two have been vulgar words/terms for as long as I can remember and before that, but the "N-word" has only been a taboo word for a short time.

stevekozak
03-15-2021, 06:00 AM
I have read the disintegration of the this thread with amusement. A couple of pussies in it, one being biological. The funniest thing to me is the White Knight reporting of Denton by Triple-Honda. He says MG was being threatened by Denton in the thread on PF. I remember the thread well. Denton was worked up that MG was living on a mountain and not in the projects he was imagining himself to live in at the time. He was calling her out about it. At no time was he threatening her. A threat (for pansy-ass snowflakes who don't know) would be along the lines of "I am going to shove 4-inches of cold steel into your fornicating eye-socket and give your brains a stir, you dickless ****!". That might constitute a threat. And WHAT IF that threat was made? Who the ever-loving **** cares? This is the motherfornicating internet. There is no need to run and tell teacher. I hate a fornicating rat worse than anything. What is that old adage about snitches getting stiches? (Somebody better report my old red ass, as I may be threatening a fornicating squealer). People get worked up and say things. People get in pain and say things. People get some brown liquor in them and say things. Who the **** cares? It is words and it is the internet. At no time was Denton going to drive from his imagined ghetto in the Great Sweaty State of Alabama to whatever mountain MG was waving her banner from and cause her harm. If he did, MG could handle it, or she has husband that I am sure would be annoyed at the prospect and could take action. Shit, I think I lost interest in this from starting this post til now. Coffee time! :rapture:

StratBastard
03-15-2021, 06:57 AM
[QUOTE=stevekozak;200795]
People get some brown liquor in them and say things. [QUOTE]

Yes, when I go a bit off the rails, it is usually sometime after my third bourbon. The good people here see my bourbon medal proudly displayed amongst my chest salad, and cut me a little slack. Or chew me out a bit. I'm good with both. I'm not so good with rats though. I have never seen the dubious "rat with clusters" medal awarded here. So there's that.

hawgrider
03-15-2021, 07:24 AM
I have read the disintegration of the this thread with amusement. A couple of pussies in it, one being biological. The funniest thing to me is the White Knight reporting of Denton by Triple-Honda. He says MG was being threatened by Denton in the thread on PF. I remember the thread well. Denton was worked up that MG was living on a mountain and not in the projects he was imagining himself to live in at the time. He was calling her out about it. At no time was he threatening her. A threat (for pansy-ass snowflakes who don't know) would be along the lines of "I am going to shove 4-inches of cold steel into your fornicating eye-socket and give your brains a stir, you dickless ****!". That might constitute a threat. And WHAT IF that threat was made? Who the ever-loving **** cares? This is the motherfornicating internet. There is no need to run and tell teacher. I hate a fornicating rat worse than anything. What is that old adage about snitches getting stiches? (Somebody better report my old red ass, as I may be threatening a fornicating squealer). People get worked up and say things. People get in pain and say things. People get some brown liquor in them and say things. Who the **** cares? It is words and it is the internet. At no time was Denton going to drive from his imagined ghetto in the Great Sweaty State of Alabama to whatever mountain MG was waving her banner from and cause her harm. If he did, MG could handle it, or she has husband that I am sure would be annoyed at the prospect and could take action. Shit, I think I lost interest in this from starting this post til now. Coffee time! :rapture:

:potd:

Big Ken
03-15-2021, 10:49 AM
This has been a interesting read, one that I hope continues as the back and forth banter is very entertaining, I mentioned in another thread I dislike liars and they didn't belong here, well after reading I may have been wrong in my judgement to convict before knowing and getting some insight on the person in question, first let me say I'm not a member of that other forum ( PF ) so I'm not aware of the happenings there other than what I've read here, I also only know MountianGirl from here and her posts, I will say you can tell a lot about someone by their postings and whether or not they present themselves honestly, I think she is a true down to earth person and tells it like it is with her true down to earth personality and I have much respect, now this other person BiHonda, I also don't know him other from what I've read here from his posts and I don't think he's telling fibs, he's posting what he thinks is factual in his mind and I think that is where the problem is, he shows the symptoms of having a superiority complex and these are the signs, high valuations of self-worth - boastful claims that aren't backed up by reality - attention to appearance, or vanity - overly high opinion of one's self - a self-image of supremacy or authority - unwillingness to listen to others and these are the signs one gets if they read between the lines! of course this is just my opinion and I'm like most here just another smart ass in front of a keyboard, I do have one more thing to add and this is just my gut feeling, I think this guy has a thing for MG, I think is he has her pictures hung up in his basement and has a shrine to her, she needs to be careful and watch her back as he seems the stalker type, so he may have psychological issues and that differs from telling the truth because he's not aware of what's factual.

Denton
03-15-2021, 11:04 AM

That was the post that he thinks got me a temp ban? Wow! What a silly little person.

You are correct; there was no threat. Making threats on the internet is a stupid thing to do and members who do that lose the debate. It's like being in a boxing match and landing the knock-out punch...on yourself!

That wasn't how I earned a time in the cooler. TriHonda wants to be something that he isn't.

SOCOM42
03-15-2021, 11:21 AM
I am glad to find out who the rat was on Denton.

I will put him on ignore, get's nothing from me.

Every WW2 marine I ever met said the same thing, "we didn't kill enough of them".

Many thought Okinawa should have been gassed with the poison gas held offshore.

And they all thought more "A" bombs should have been used on the home islands.

The only Jap things I bought were 55 years ago, Nikon cameras for doing pro work..

Ham equipment you had no choice.

hawgrider
03-15-2021, 11:51 AM
By the looks of the vote so far he will be nothing but the dust kicked from this mushroom cloud on Thursday when the voting is closed.

https://www.milenio.com/uploads/media/2020/09/24/el-fin-del-mundo-esta_0_71_958_596.jpg

hawgrider
03-15-2021, 11:57 AM
So my guess is he only showed up here because he must have got nuked at PF. I have not seen him post there so I suspect the Canadians didn't like him either.

BucketBack
03-15-2021, 12:03 PM
This has been a interesting read, one that I hope continues as the back and forth banter is very entertaining, I mentioned in another thread I dislike liars and they didn't belong here, well after reading I may have been wrong in my judgement to convict before knowing and getting some insight on the person in question, first let me say I'm not a member of that other forum ( PF ) so I'm not aware of the happenings there other than what I've read here, I also only know MountianGirl from here and her posts, I will say you can tell a lot about someone by their postings and whether or not they present themselves honestly, I think she is a true down to earth person and tells it like it is with her true down to earth personality and I have much respect, now this other person BiHonda, I also don't know him other from what I've read here from his posts and I don't think he's telling fibs, he's posting what he thinks is factual in his mind and I think that is where the problem is, he shows the symptoms of having a superiority complex and these are the signs, high valuations of self-worth - boastful claims that aren't backed up by reality - attention to appearance, or vanity - overly high opinion of one's self - a self-image of supremacy or authority - unwillingness to listen to others and these are the signs one gets if they read between the lines! of course this is just my opinion and I'm like most here just another smart ass in front of a keyboard, I do have one more thing to add and this is just my gut feeling, I think this guy has a thing for MG, I think is he has her pictures hung up in his basement and has a shrine to her, she needs to be careful and watch her back as he seems the stalker type, so he may have psychological issues and that differs from telling the truth because he's not aware of what's factual.

MG's hubby has the same first name as me, so I get red faced when she mentions him.:kickinballs:

stevekozak
03-15-2021, 12:07 PM
So my guess is he only showed up here because he must have got nuked at PF. I have not seen him post there so I suspect the Canadians didn't like him either.

I have wondered about that. If MG "invited" him back in December, why has he just now shown up over here? If he was so hot to trot to experience and share in this environment, why only now? $1.25 and a cup of coffee says he did not realize Denton was a member over here also!!

hawgrider
03-15-2021, 12:08 PM
I take that back I see he was just at PF and they show he is still current. He's not posting much though.

MountainGirl
03-15-2021, 12:08 PM
That was the post that he thinks got me a temp ban? Wow! What a silly little person.

You are correct; there was no threat. Making threats on the internet is a stupid thing to do and members who do that lose the debate. It's like being in a boxing match and landing the knock-out punch...on yourself!

That wasn't how I earned a time in the cooler. TriHonda wants to be something that he isn't.

Nope. He took obvious pleasure and credit for your 'resigning' as Mod the day after he filed his most excellent report about you threatening me. Your cooler timeouts came a month later, dunno if he narc'd on those.

And there was no threat whatsoever. That you "know me through my posts" and "know where I live" speaks only highly about the online friendship you and I have had over these last five years. I knew what you meant, others members knew what you meant, other Mods knew what you meant; sadly a little weasel dickwad wanted to play Big Boy games and his pud bucket isn't big enough for that. I don't believe for a minute that his report forced you out; it may have been used by the new owners as a tool to pry that along; but then it's on them. Whatever happened last December - I'm glad you resigned so that your hands can heal, and that you have less stress in your life, and I am VERY glad that you're over here. PF was really good for a long time... but all things change, such is the way of life.

hawgrider
03-15-2021, 12:09 PM
I have wondered about that. If MG "invited" him back in December, why has he just now shown up over here? If he was so hot to trot to experience and share in this environment, why only now? $1.25 and a cup of coffee says he did not realize Denton was a member over here also!! Yeah and OPPS hawg is a admin here I bet he didn't see that coming either LMAO!

BucketBack
03-15-2021, 12:14 PM
eff Canada. I bought a Canuck Fishing Effing License last spring, and they closed the dam border, I couldn't go to Mitchel's Bay for Hog Perchies.

I live on the west side of MI, but my best buddies live on Lake Saint Clair, and I know how to fish it.

The ****ers won't even let you take your boat over the imaginary effing line in the lake and rivers.

MountainGirl
03-15-2021, 12:14 PM
I have wondered about that. If MG "invited" him back in December, why has he just now shown up over here? If he was so hot to trot to experience and share in this environment, why only now? $1.25 and a cup of coffee says he did not realize Denton was a member over here also!!

I take that back I see he was just at PF and they show he is still current. He's not posting much though.

I looked over at him yesterday, including his few recent posts; he was getting negative feedback on everything right before he joined up here. Guessing he was looking for a more receptive audience.

Innkeeper
03-15-2021, 12:17 PM
eff Canada. I bought a Canuck Fishing Effing License last spring, and they closed the dam border, I couldn't go to Mitchel's Bay for Hog Perchies.

I live on the west side of MI, but my best buddies live on Lake Saint Clair, and I know how to fish it.

The ****ers won't even let you take your boat over the imaginary effing line in the lake and rivers.I have done some nice fishing on Lake St Claire.
How do they stop you accidentally floating over an invisible line?

BucketBack
When I had shoulder length hair that was dark brown, I could pass for a resident of First Nation ( Walpole Island Reservation)

Denton
Nope. He took obvious pleasure and credit for your 'resigning' as Mod the day after he filed his most excellent report about you threatening me. Your cooler timeouts came a month later, dunno if he narc'd on those.

And there was no threat whatsoever. That you "know me through my posts" and "know where I live" speaks only highly about the online friendship you and I have had over these last five years. I knew what you meant, others members knew what you meant, other Mods knew what you meant; sadly a little weasel dickwad wanted to play Big Boy games and his pud bucket isn't big enough for that. I don't believe for a minute that his report forced you out; it may have been used by the new owners as a tool to pry that along; but then it's on them. Whatever happened last December - I'm glad you resigned so that your hands can heal, and that you have less stress in your life, and I am VERY glad that you're over here. PF was really good for a long time... but all things change, such is the way of life.

Well, he's an idiot. After years of modding over there, it'd take more than him to have me step down. Something like arthritis. Notice I'm never on any boards while I'm at work? I need to save my thumbs and I didn't want to simply hold a mod position if I weren't able to moderate as I once did.
That's why I stepped down.

BucketBack
03-15-2021, 12:23 PM
I have done some nice fishing on Lake St Claire.
How do they stop you accidentally floating over an invisible line?

They don't, you have too. In some parts of the St Clair and Detroit rivers there are channel markers, and that is the border, other places, you just have to pray.

GPS would help. I only had LORAN the last time I was down there boating

There is a buffer zone, I liked to keep the slot walleys on the Canadian buffer side that they couldn't keep.

MountainGirl
03-15-2021, 12:24 PM
Well, he's an idiot. After years of modding over there, it'd take more than him to have me step down. Something like arthritis. Notice I'm never on any boards while I'm at work? I need to save my thumbs and I didn't want to simply hold a mod position if I weren't able to moderate as I once did.
That's why I stepped down.

Yeppers, we all knew that, and yeppers he's an idiot. Big Ken's post above pretty well nailed it, imo.

( but I hope Ken's wrong about the creep having the horns for me LOL )

MountainGirl
03-15-2021, 12:34 PM
MG's hubby has the same first name as me, so I get red faced when she mentions him.:kickinballs:

When I had shoulder length hair that was dark brown, I could pass for a resident of First Nation ( Walpole Island Reservation)

Tom's dark brown hair is down past his shoulders, I love it!
He doesn't look native though - he's a big German of Viking descent.
Very strong man of the mountains, perfect for me. :)

BucketBack
03-15-2021, 12:49 PM
In other words, The Ministry Of Natural Resources won't bust you if you're close to the line, but if you're 2 miles in Mitchells bay, you busted, and the Crown Attorney will be in your pocketbook

stevekozak
03-15-2021, 01:16 PM
In other words, The Ministry Of Natural Resources won't bust you if you're close to the line, but if you're 2 miles in Mitchells bay, you busted, and the Crown Attorney will be in your pocketbook

**** the crown!

MountainGirl
03-15-2021, 01:22 PM
**** the crown!

Wouldn't that hurt?
I hear those things are pointy with sharp edges.

stevekozak
03-15-2021, 01:27 PM
Wouldn't that hurt?
I hear those things are pointy with sharp edges.

For a lesser man, perhaps.....texteded

hawgrider
03-15-2021, 03:35 PM
I looked over at him yesterday, including his few recent posts; he was getting negative feedback on everything right before he joined up here. Guessing he was looking for a more receptive audience.

Makes sense since his last post at PF was 8 days ago.

Jester-ND
03-15-2021, 03:56 PM
I am still trying to figure out how the absolute **** tri-honda got an invite in dec and mine didn't land til feb?

SOCOM42
03-15-2021, 04:09 PM
I know I am not in the Primo club, but can I get half a vote? Me= no!

I don't like rats.

MountainGirl
03-15-2021, 04:11 PM
I am still trying to figure out how the absolute **** tri-honda got an invite in dec and mine didn't land til feb?

Cause you didn't come to me like a noob scared of being banned for clicking the report flag (which is all I thought he'd done when I wrote the pm) ...and being offered an alternative place to go if you were.

That, and Slippy kept black-balling you. :)

MountainGirl
03-15-2021, 04:18 PM

I don't like rats.

Half vote it is then, lol, and you might consider joining up since this is your home now. It's only $18 for a year and it's what keeps this place free from ads, sponsors, censors, woke/foreign controllers, etc. We support and run our own house. Either way though, your voice is very welcome here.

Slippy
03-15-2021, 04:19 PM

It took me longer that I thought to convince a few folks on the "OTP Tribal Council" that you met the "Not a Douchebag" criteria...:scooter:

Denton
03-15-2021, 04:52 PM

I don't like rats.

To clarify, ten bucks for a year and 18 bucks for two years.

Jester-ND
03-15-2021, 05:00 PM
It took me longer that I thought to convince a few folks on the "OTP Tribal Council" that you met the "Not a Douchebag" criteria...:scooter:

definitely not a douchebag.... but 120% smartass.. no doubt!...(I lied about not being a douchebag)

MountainGirl
03-15-2021, 06:38 PM
This has been a interesting read...

Ken, thanks for your kind words and insightful post; your thoughts have been well received and considered, and are very much appreciated. :)

rice paddy daddy
03-15-2021, 07:49 PM
...........................sadly a little weasel dickwad wanted to play Big Boy games and his pud bucket isn't big enough for that. ................

Another classic from MG!!!
You remind me of one of our platoon drill sergeants in Army basic training. He could curse out a recruit for minutes without repeating himself once.
His favorite, which I still can hear him say 53 years later, was to call a recruit "you needle dicked bug f***er".

Oh, Denton's temporary ban had zero to do with any reported post.
It was discussed among the mods before proceeding, but that is all I'll say about that. Other than I was not the one to drop the hammer. Denton is a friend, and if I had seen things earlier I believe a simple PM would have gotten traction.

MountainGirl
03-15-2021, 10:30 PM
You remind me of one of our platoon drill sergeants in Army basic training. He could curse out a recruit for minutes without repeating himself once.
His favorite, which I still can hear him say 53 years later, was to call a recruit "you needle dicked bug f***er".

:hippie:

It was discussed among the mods before proceeding, but that is all I'll say about that. Other than I was not the one to drop the hammer. Denton is a friend, and if I had seen things earlier I believe a simple PM would have gotten traction.
Yeah, but this way he got the coveted Banned Banner!

Denton
03-16-2021, 12:12 AM

You jerks were talking behind my back?!?!

Assholes. :stickman:

I used that emoticon because I haven't noticed it, before. Doubt it fits the conversation.