PDA

View Full Version : A Red Heeler, 6 Hens, A Gimped Old Man and A Mad As Hell Woman-HILARITY ENSUES!

Slippy
03-13-2021, 05:38 PM
Well, it was hilarious to ME! :thumb:

We've been letting our 6 Laying Hens Free-Range around Slippy Lodge and all has been fine, they seem to love it. Also, over the past few weeks, I've been trying to train our Red Heeler to "Round Up" the Chickens and Herd them back to their Coop.

So far, all has been well...until today! A little backstory...

Yesterday my Orthopedic did a little outpatient procedure on a couple of tendons in my Osteo-Aarthriticly damaged foot so I'm not moving very fast today if you can imagine.

Anyway, Mrs S was busy working on some nonsense that she deems important and I, being a bit bored, decided to get our Cattle Dog out for a round of training with the Chickens...

...And today is the day our dog decided to teach those chickens a lesson! OOOPS!

I'm here to tell you, that Australian Cattle Dog locked in on her task and wouldn't listen to damn thing I said, I guess she knew I was lamed up and couldn't move very fast. In the end, no Chickens were killed but it was a bit funny to watch Mrs S try and grab up the dog while she was locked on to the Chickens and chasing them around nipping at their backsides and squacking and feathers a flying and shit!!!.

The Dog had a blast and I could tell she was quite proud of herself. Cattle Dogs have that way of "Smiling" if you know what I mean! :trophy:

Damn shame neither of us had a phone to video it! :thumb:

Hee Hee! Time to get back on the couch and another Hydrocodone Pill! :pirateflag:

Piratesailor
03-13-2021, 06:20 PM
Too damn funny.

Our two cats get chased by the chickens (they all free range) but no dogs allowed. My big red tick coon like the taste of chicken.

Get off your foot old man!

shootbrownelk
03-13-2021, 09:00 PM
Hawks and Owls are pretty fond of free range chickens too I hear.

MountainGirl
03-13-2021, 09:12 PM

They're fond of cats too, but I'll be dammed if I can ever get one to swoop.

MountainGirl
03-13-2021, 09:16 PM
Well, it was hilarious to ME! :thumb:

We've been letting our 6 Laying Hens Free-Range around Slippy Lodge and all has been fine, they seem to love it. Also, over the past few weeks, I've been trying to train our Red Heeler to "Round Up" the Chickens and Herd them back to their Coop.

So far, all has been well...until today! A little backstory...

Yesterday my Orthopedic did a little outpatient procedure on a couple of tendons in my Osteo-Aarthriticly damaged foot so I'm not moving very fast today if you can imagine.

Anyway, Mrs S was busy working on some nonsense that she deems important and I, being a bit bored, decided to get our Cattle Dog out for a round of training with the Chickens...

...And today is the day our dog decided to teach those chickens a lesson! OOOPS!

I'm here to tell you, that Australian Cattle Dog locked in on her task and wouldn't listen to damn thing I said, I guess she knew I was lamed up and couldn't move very fast. In the end, no Chickens were killed but it was a bit funny to watch Mrs S try and grab up the dog while she was locked on to the Chickens and chasing them around nipping at their backsides and squacking and feathers a flying and shit!!!.

The Dog had a blast and I could tell she was quite proud of herself. Cattle Dogs have that way of "Smiling" if you know what I mean! :trophy:

Damn shame neither of us had a phone to video it! :thumb:

Hee Hee! Time to get back on the couch and another Hydrocodone Pill! :pirateflag:

Too funny Sir Slippy! Sure that wasn't just a hydrocodone vision?
That's some good stuff right there. :girldancer:

hawgrider
03-13-2021, 09:21 PM

Red tail hawks patrol my yard birds quite often. Kicked one off one of my birds 2 years ago.

It had one of the layers pinned to the ground I just happen to be near when the yards birds squawked the oh shit alarm.

StratBastard
03-13-2021, 09:29 PM

We had a Coopers hawk rip up some of our ducklings pretty bad.

shootbrownelk
03-14-2021, 06:49 AM
Red tail hawks patrol my yard birds quite often. Kicked one off one of my birds 2 years ago.

It had one of the layers pinned to the ground I just happen to be near when the yards birds squawked the oh shit alarm.

Death from above, raptor version.

Piratesailor
03-14-2021, 11:08 AM
Yeah.. we’ve lost a few chickens to the hawks.. and an owl.

But such is life..

hawgrider
03-14-2021, 03:40 PM
Yeah.. we’ve lost a few chickens to the hawks.. and an owl.

But such is life..

Yup life on the farm includes death.

SGG
03-14-2021, 04:08 PM
Who needs television

Sparkyprep
03-14-2021, 06:00 PM
Now that is entertainment!