PDA

View Full Version : Survival Bike.

hawgrider
01-20-2015, 05:25 AM
Survival Bike.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/TheSurvivalBike-620x400.jpg

What is the Survival Bike? Is it just a souped up Mountain Bike that has been painted OD green? No, the Survival Bike from MotoPed is actually a Moped. Remember when mopeds were all the rage for people who had too much money for a bike and didn’t really want to pedal? I thought they were a thing of the past replaced by the obnoxious scooters that I see more and more everywhere. The scooters are not obnoxious because I am against saving gas or anything like that;
- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/could-the-survival-bike-be-your-bug-out-vehicle-of-choice_012015#sthash.OJjMTJa0.dpuf

Arklatex
01-20-2015, 07:31 AM
That thing is pretty cool! I have had thoughts of stashing a mountain bike in a storage unit by my work. And keeping a small 2 stroke with it for my get home trip of 40 miles. Benifits I see:

They're cheap

The bike will still be light enough to portage.

You can still pedal if you need to move quiet or the motor croaks.

Range is about 50 miles a tank. Easy to carry more, a gallon will get you quite a ways. And some of them can get you up to 40 mph.

Emp proof

You can carry lots of weight on a bike, especially if you have a small trailer and panier bags/racks.

There's probably a lot more but thus is just off the prior research I've done in the past.

RWalls
01-27-2015, 06:32 AM
That thing is pretty slick. But,I think a regular mtn bike would serve a better purpose.

Sparkyprep
01-27-2015, 05:52 PM
For the cost of one of these, you could buy a real dirt bike. These are just too expensive for what they are.

hawgrider
01-27-2015, 06:48 PM
For the cost of one of these, you could buy a real dirt bike. These are just too expensive for what they are.
Yeah a nice duel sport bike. Then customize it a bit. Add a rack and a lights blackout switch ect. Burn thru more gas though.

Arizona Infidel
01-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Anyone remember the Yamahopper from the early 80s? I would like to have a couple of those just for farting around town or the campgrounds.

hawgrider
01-29-2015, 05:16 AM
Anyone remember the Yamahopper from the early 80s? I would like to have a couple of those just for farting around town or the campgrounds.Got weened on a Suzuki 50cc trail hopper as a kid.

Montana Rancher
02-05-2015, 09:05 PM
I've been thinking about this for a few months.

I recently took a job 20 miles from home and I have a really decent "get home bag" in the back of my pickup, but wouldn't it be better if I could ride home on a bike (which would take me less than 2 hours) rather than hoofing it which is probably 6 hours at least.

I like the idea and I have the bike, just need to put it in the back of my truck (canopy) to make it work.

TJC44
02-07-2015, 06:49 PM
I have a 30 mile commute one way to work. (hoping to move closer soon), and figure it would take me 1.5 to 2 days to get home if I did not have a vehicle. With all of the other crap I carry around in my Jeep Patriot, it would be tough adding a bike to the mix.

TJC

Deebo
02-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Have been seriously debating trading my speed demon quad for an enduro.
And, yes, I would definitely wire a kill the lights switch.
I love the big enduros that the game and fish have around here.
As far as a pedal bike, I'm too lazy.