PDA

View Full Version : The EPA Says NO MORE MODS.. Are we Screwed? What Can We Do? We NEED YOUR HELP!

hawgrider
03-17-2021, 06:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g85sEPxnqjY

Prepared One
03-17-2021, 06:47 AM
The regulatory agencies are going to go into overdrive, congress is now maneuvering to get rid of the filibusterer in order to push through their agenda, I.E. Gun control and immigration, among others. They are consolidating their power as I knew they would, and hey have no intention of relinquishing power ever again. Get ready boys and girls, it's coming.

stevekozak
03-17-2021, 07:38 AM
Locked...check
Loaded...check

I'm good.

Kusa
03-17-2021, 01:07 PM
The EPA is probably the most powerful agency out there. I say we get rid of them all together.

Slippy
03-17-2021, 01:34 PM
The EPA is probably the most powerful agency out there. I say we get rid of them all together.

Second...

SOCOM42
03-17-2021, 01:42 PM

THIRD

Prepared One
03-17-2021, 02:15 PM

Motion carried, on second thought, I say we get rid of the whole lot of em. Starting in the White House and working down.

Piratesailor
03-17-2021, 05:35 PM
Just a matter of time.

I wonder what the real trigger event will be

red442joe
03-18-2021, 04:55 AM
Just a matter of time.

I wonder what the real trigger event will be

Hoping. CWII can't get here soon enough.

Joe

Sparkyprep
03-18-2021, 05:40 PM

If I had to chose, I think I would rather get rid of the ATF.

Kusa
03-18-2021, 06:40 PM
If I had to chose, I think I would rather get rid of the ATF.

Well you better get rid of the EPA at the same time because lead is bad for the environment and burning gunpowder has a carbon footprint. Getting rid of ammo is just part of going green pal.

shootbrownelk
03-19-2021, 07:00 AM
There will be emissions testing in all states before long. After market exhaust and modifications will get you a failing grade. I knew this crap was coming long ago. The "Coal Burning" diesels will be a target.

rice paddy daddy
03-21-2021, 10:05 AM
Florida is a Free State.
No emissions testing or mechanical inspections.
Want to put a 460 with hot cam, two 4 barrels, headers, no cats, free flow exhaust into your 1994 F-150? No problemo.

Slippy
03-21-2021, 01:23 PM
Florida is a Free State.
Want to put a 460 with hot cam, two 4 barrels, headers, no cats, free flow exhaust into your 1994 F-150? No problemo.

Sounds like somebody's about to start his project?.....:impala:

rice paddy daddy
03-21-2021, 01:55 PM
Sounds like somebody's about to start his project?.....:impala:

well, I DO have the '88 F-150 that's been sitting since 2006 when I bought my brand spankin' new GMC.
She's got a 302, 5 speed manual, dual exhaust with glass packs and no cats, and is a shortbed. Long beds are not hot rod material, just like 4 door sedans aren't.

My plan was an Edlebrock 4 barrel and street manifold, headers, Crane cam, MSD distributor.
But, at my age, and with my lack of money, it will probably remain a 302 fuel injected, computerized truck. Fords are a little flexible about how much cam you can run, so that will be maximized. Plus, shorty headers that will match right up to my existing system.

The big drawback to carbs today is you have to run non ethanol, and even then can not let them sit up without running.
I buy 89 octane non ethanol for my small engines from an oil company in Georgia, and it runs 60 cents (at least) more than regular E-10, and with Senile Joe at the helm that will probably be pushing $5 soon.

Naw, i'm going to build a farm truck that has some balls instead of a toy.

Slippy
03-21-2021, 02:37 PM
well, I DO have the '88 F-150 that's been sitting since 2006 when I bought my brand spankin' new GMC.
She's got a 302, 5 speed manual, dual exhaust with glass packs and no cats, and is a shortbed. Long beds are not hot rod material, just like 4 door sedans aren't.

My plan was an Edlebrock 4 barrel and street manifold, headers, Crane cam, MSD distributor.
But, at my age, and with my lack of money, it will probably remain a 302 fuel injected, computerized truck. Fords are a little flexible about how much cam you can run, so that will be maximized. Plus, shorty headers that will match right up to my existing system.

The big drawback to carbs today is you have to run non ethanol, and even then can not let them sit up without running.
I buy 89 octane non ethanol for my small engines from an oil company in Georgia, and it runs 60 cents (at least) more than regular E-10, and with Senile Joe at the helm that will probably be pushing $5 soon.

Naw, i'm going to build a farm truck that has some balls instead of a toy.

Excellent plan! Stick with the Farm Truck Renovation; The Hot Rod will just be another Chick Magnet, you old stud you! :dirtyoldman:

Mister Mills
03-21-2021, 05:49 PM
The feds have no business trying to regulate hotrodding. But the stupid, tone deaf and blind chimps, that are the EPA, will probably try to. Washington DC is a cancer on America.

And those replicants of humans, who reside in DC, and hate powerful cars: are reproducing faster than real people in America, who like fast cars.

The out look is grim.

shootbrownelk
03-21-2021, 07:12 PM
Florida is a Free State.

Wyoming is also a free state, you can go nuts with intake exhaust etc. There are Federal laws against modifying stock exhaust/converters, etc. Emissions testing is coming, count on it. Right now the Feds are more interested in disarming us and don't want to get sidetracked.

StratBastard
03-21-2021, 07:13 PM
America will always be home to the hot-rodded, insanely modified, fire breathing road runners. It's what we do.

Smitty901
03-22-2021, 06:12 PM
EPA's next big target under Biden will be Manufactures. Those that make tuners and parts. Auto and motorcycle manufactures are behind it alos . There goal is to make it so a lot of repair work must be done by them our someone paying them a share of the income.

StratBastard
03-23-2021, 03:57 PM

StratBastard
03-31-2021, 12:06 AM

T-Man 1066
04-25-2021, 01:52 PM
Wasn't all that many years ago that most hi-po parts were scratch built in the garage. Long before Summit, Jegs, Whitlock, or whatever...

Problem is most modern people have no mechanical skills. Can't weld, can't machine, can't do wiring, none of it. If it ain't available in a catalog then they are done. Oh yea, got to have a shop install it as well.

SGG
04-25-2021, 02:07 PM
Actually the problem is inspection time

inceptor
04-26-2021, 12:39 AM
The regulatory agencies are going to go into overdrive, congress is now maneuvering to get rid of the filibusterer in order to push through their agenda, I.E. Gun control and immigration, among others. They are consolidating their power as I knew they would, and hey have no intention of relinquishing power ever again. Get ready boys and girls, it's coming.

They have openly admitted to rigging the election twice now. Not one peep from the media and most people are not paying attention. No, free and fair elections are a thing of the past for the country as it is.

Smitty901
04-26-2021, 06:57 AM
I have a Centurion Technoreasearch VCM TR4 / Centurion Super Pro that allows me to do what ever I want with the bike ECM-BCM-IMU ABS radios ect. It can do anything a dealer can do and all the things they tell you they won't do.
Harley rigged the 2021's new hardware and software to lock us out. Two companies have broken in and are allowing owners to get in. I just updated the software on my unit to work with 2021's. All i need now is the 6 pin cable . Will order that soon.
HD dealers says ..no way you can shut down alter of change BAS so you can run a sidecar or trike a 2020 can not be done. Ok .