PDA

View Full Version : New Pond 2021

Broncosfan
03-30-2021, 08:41 PM
Things are slowly starting to make some progress after a crappy past year to say the least. After selling my Mom and Stepdads house last September we started making plans for what we wanted to do with the property we inherit. Since the building and pond went with the house we plan for some really major projects this year. The County Soil and Water guy came out yesterday said everything looked good. He recommended the excavator that I have been trying to get to look at the site for the past year. I called the excavator and mentioned that the soil guy said he was the man for the job and low and behold he looked at the pond site today. Made a few minor changes from what I thought but it looks like its in the works. Only bad thing is wants to wait until August and he really just wants things as dry as possible. I actually have running water where the pond will be built so we need it to dry up. Since August is almost always hot and dry here it make sense. I will post pics when we start. I'm really looking forward to progress! Should have a estimate back for the new building soon. I hate to see the price increase due to lumber prices.

Inor
03-30-2021, 09:13 PM
Thinks are slowly starting to make some progress after a crappy past year to say the least. After selling my Mom and Stepdads house last September we started making plans for what we wanted to do with the property we inherit. Since the building and pond went with the house we plan for some really major projects this year. The County Soil and Water guy came out yesterday said everything looked good. He recommended the excavator that I have been trying to get to look at the site for the past year. I called the excavator and mentioned that the soil guy said he was the man for the job and low and behold he looked at the pond site today. Made a few minor changes from what I thought but it looks like its in the works. Only bad thing is wants to wait until August and he really just wants things as dry as possible. I actually have running water where the pond will be built so we need it to dry up. Since August is almost always hot and dry here it make sense. I will post pics when we start. I'm really looking forward to progress! Should have a estimate back for the new building soon. I hate to see the price increase due to lumber prices.

Way cool!

Yes, construction lumber has gotten ridiculous. I bought some 3/4" birch cabinet grade plywood last week. It was about $54 per sheet, which is about what I have been paying for it for 20 years. I was pricing some crappy 1/2" CDX for a project I have coming up here and that was $48 per sheet! 2X4X8 #2 pine studs are almost $6 each! I can buy select grade Red Oak for $1.90 per bd foot; that is barely more expensive than #2 pine. It is just nuts.

shootbrownelk
03-30-2021, 11:23 PM
They're gouging because they can get away with it. Just blame it on the "Scam-Demic"...no help, employees are sick....etc..etc. etc.