PDA

View Full Version : Could this concert play today?

Prepared One
04-30-2021, 09:46 PM
In the 60's and 70's this was considered radical. The PCBS police would go nuts with something like this in today's bull shit world. Shout out to my buddy A Watchman. Hippy chick alert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY

Inor
04-30-2021, 11:05 PM
Not a snowball's chance in hell!

Sasquatch
05-01-2021, 12:56 AM
OMG! Was that a Confederate flag on stage with them!?! Ban this video immediately and put that racist Mr. Skynyrd in jail.

Denton
05-01-2021, 02:25 AM
I watched this video, several weeks ago. Very good video. I remember when that plane went down. It devastated Alabama.

Now, about the Confederate flag. For decades, it was our flag. By our, I mean all of us who live down here. White and Black, we owned it. When I was in high school, you dared not assume a vehicle in the high school parking lot was owned by a White family just because there was a Confederate flag, a CF front plate (In Alabama, we only have rear license plates), or a CF decal attached to the car. While in the Army in the 80s, I knew Black Southern Soldiers who embraced the flag as much as I did.

I am disgusted by what they have done to our flag. They do the same thing to all of the South, except the liberal-controlled counties like Fulton County.They demonize us.

Slippy
05-01-2021, 03:08 AM
In the 60's and 70's this was considered radical. The PCBS police would go nuts with something like this in today's bull shit world. Shout out to my buddy A Watchman. Hippy chick alert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY

Outstanding concert!

But in Oakland, CA today?!?! No way, no how.

However, something like this is probably what we need to today more than we needed it in 1977.

Piratesailor
05-01-2021, 06:51 AM
I’m surprise boobtoob didn’t ban the video...

Btw, just a thought.. all those hippy chicks..

Are now granny chicks. I married one.

Prepared One
05-01-2021, 09:57 AM
I watched this video, several weeks ago. Very good video. I remember when that plane went down. It devastated Alabama.

Now, about the Confederate flag. For decades, it was our flag. By our, I mean all of us who live down here. White and Black, we owned it. When I was in high school, you dared not assume a vehicle in the high school parking lot was owned by a White family just because there was a Confederate flag, a CF front plate (In Alabama, we only have rear license plates), or a CF decal attached to the car. While in the Army in the 80s, I knew Black Southern Soldiers who embraced the flag as much as I did.

I am disgusted by what they have done to our flag. They do the same thing to all of the South, except the liberal-controlled counties like Fulton County.They demonize us.

It is the work of tyrants and straight out of the communist manifesto. But, we know this.

"Keep people from their history, and they are easily controlled."

Karl Marx

"Take away a nation's heritage and they are more easily persuaded."

Karl Marx

BucketBack
05-01-2021, 11:19 AM

They didn't make the All Hallows Eve Show

Mad Trapper
05-01-2021, 12:28 PM
link has no sound ? WTF?

my bad it's OK

Mad Trapper
05-01-2021, 12:44 PM
10,000 pretty titties out in the sun!!!

Mad Trapper
05-01-2021, 01:00 PM
I was lucky, got to see Marshall Tucker, CDB, Allmans, Outlaws, Skynard, The Band, all original lineups.........

Slippy
05-01-2021, 01:09 PM
I was lucky, got to see Marshall Tucker, CDB, Allmans, Outlaws, Skynard, The Band, all original lineups.........

That's an All-Star Concert Resume!

BucketBack
05-01-2021, 01:38 PM
I saw Toy a few times as well as The Outlaws. 38 Special was good also.

Innkeeper
05-01-2021, 02:43 PM
Yeah I saw .38 special good concert, foghat was good. Saw Boston in 1987 great concert, along with Aerosmith. The old days were much better for concerts.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mad Trapper
05-01-2021, 03:33 PM
I saw Toy a few times as well as The Outlaws. 38 Special was good also.

I got to see the greats.

No good pos timed out on me.

Mad Trapper
05-01-2021, 03:47 PM
That's an All-Star Concert Resume!

Not a 1/2 of that, I posted tried to, and the site timed out on me.

Others, many mentioed below gives you an idea
Last year was great Allmans, Kinks,........

A cuople years and in comp
l

Music Inn

Month Date Artists
1977 Aug 28 New Riders of Purple Sage
David Bromberg
20 John Lee Hooker
Bonnie Rait
13 Arlo Guthrie + Shennadoah
7 Commander Cody Band
Climax Blues Band
Jul 30 Jimmy Buffet
29 Southside Johnny and Asbury Jukes
KiKi Dee
25 Jean-Luc Ponty
Renaissance
16 Jerry Jeff Walker
10 Pete Seeger
9 NRBQ
Jame Montgomery Band
Nil Lofgren
4 Herbie Hancock
Marlena Shaw
John Klemmer
1976 Sep 26 The Band
5 Hot Tuna
Leon Redbone
J D Souther
Aug 29 The Band
Richie Furay
28 Jimmie Cliff
7 Ry Cooder
John Prine
3 David Sanborn
Jul 31 Donovan
18 The Band
Henry Gross
4 Toots and the Maytals
Jame Cotton Blues Band
Jun 26 Fats Domino
Freddie King
Screaming Jay Hawkins
Bo Diddley
25 Jessie Colin Young
Emmylou Harris
19 Louon Wainright III
Jerry Jeff Walker
12 Muddy Waters
Roonful of Blues

ete

NewRiverGeorge
05-02-2021, 12:52 PM
Saw Boston in 1987 great concert,

Oh man Boston is so underrated and underappreciated, Brad Delp was such an incredibly gifted lead singer.

My concert highlight is seeing the Eagles twice. It's true talent when you sound as good live as you do in the recording studio. Their lineup was Henley, Frye, Felder, Walsh and Schmidt...amazing harmonies.

Piratesailor
05-02-2021, 06:54 PM
Eagles 4 times and once when the Steve miller band opened for them. Nitty gritty dirt bad was good too. Saw the stones once and America a bunch of times. Most of the concerts were in Red Rocks, outside of Denver. Too many concerts to even remember...

Innkeeper
05-02-2021, 10:00 PM
Eagles 4 times and once when the Steve miller band opened for them. Nitty gritty dirt bad was good too. Saw the stones once and America a bunch of times. Most of the concerts were in Red Rocks, outside of Denver. Too many concerts to even remember...Being as your in the lone star state, have you been to the Texas Jam up in Dallas?
That was where I saw Boston in 87, right before they kicked off their Third Stage Tour .
It was Fahrenheit, Tesla, Poison. Whitesnake, Aerosmith and Boston.
Poison did a live concert video for their song "I won't forget you" myself and a few of my army buddies were able to pick ourselves out when it aired on MTV by finding the hot chick's on our shoulders.
Paul Stanley also came out and played a song or two with them when they played "stutter" by Kiss.
The concert lasted from noon until after midnight, and the night before everyone showed up and there was a huge tailgate party in the parking lot. This was all at the cotton bowl.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Piratesailor
05-03-2021, 08:46 AM
Even though I lived in Dallas for a short time in ‘84 I never made to the Texas jam. Now, I’m down on the coat and Dallas is a long way from me... and unfortunately my concert days, along with the good bands, are over.